It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: XK Commander
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:20 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ok, I have the first post. We've had our XK for about a year now. No problems, we love it. It is my wife's ride so the chance of a lift while it's still under warranty is slim to nuttin. :roll: (I'm working oh her). The XK isn't really as big as some may think. It is taller than the WK, but once you get inside, it doesn't seem as wide as it appears imo. On the trail, the suspension soaks up the bumps and it's a blast just like other Jeeps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:47 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Looking good!!!!

I was looking at one, but went with the Grand instead. Both are great trucks. Did you get the Hemi?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:30 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

WE NEED SOME SPECS... :P SOME MILEAGE FIGURES... 8) Nice pic :idea:

In the near future I would like to see some pics with a Patriot, 2008 Liberty and Commander all lined up...to see the size differences and body similarities.

Mods: GDE Hot Tune w/ 364#@2000rpm/Air Box /3" Str8 Exhaust/ASFIR Alum Skids/245-75R-16 Cooper STT PRO/OME LIFT w/Clevis & 4 Spring Isos/AirTabs/Rigid 10" S2 LED/4xGuard Ctr Matrix Bumper
Drag Strip:Reac=.1078_60ft=2.224_1/8=10.39@64.8mph_1/4+16.46@80.8mph

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:19 pm 
LOST Addict

I love the way commander looks, it has a lot of potential, looks solid and feels stable.. never ridden one but want to test drive soon.
I hope it doesn't wobble like grand cherokee.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:05 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

We got the 4.7. Wasn't sold on the cyinder drop & didnt really need the hemi, although I wouldn't mind the hemi a bit. The XK is the wife's & she wanted the 4.7. 8)

As far as mpg, she gets about 14-15 around town/rural and 17 18 mpg hwy/interstate in the Virginia mountains & 17-19....almost 20 (I whish) on the Florida flatlands. I have heard hemi owners say 12-13 around town and not sure about the hwy. I did hear that the cylinder drop occures at something like between 55mph to 65, anything below or above that it doesn't engage. That's not good around the mountains, it wouldn't ever kick in & who drives 55-65 :lol: . It would be good for the flater areas though.

We don't have the front and rear elect lockers, that option only came with the hemis in 06. That would have been nice! I think it's an option this year on the 4.7. We like to wheel it and unnecessary wheel spin seems to be gone.

We have an 02 WJ & are familiar with the front end wander or wobble. It's a sfa thing imo. The XK is as responsive as my KJ, just a bit heavier. I was very impressed with the handling and ride.

More pics coming. 8)