It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Commander .vs. Pathfinder?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:25 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm not trying to start a debate on which vehicle is better, or performs better off road. I'm basically trying to guage what vehicle is physically bigger, and any possible side by side shots would be great. I know the Pathfinder has a flip up 3rd row, and I see a lot of them on the roads new (new version) and its HUGE, I haven't seen many commanders at all though. Are they just as huge? I don't need the 3rd row, but I do want something with LOTS of cargo space.

Post subject: Re: Commander .vs. Pathfinder?
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:28 am 
LOST Addict

I have been inside both and I definately think that the commander is much larger. Plus if you were to get one you would definately be unique because the have already quit making them.

4" Stump Lift.
JBA UCA's
245/75/16 GOODYEAR DURA TRACS

Thanks for throwing me under the bus Evil... Just remember this when you decide to turn yours back in to a... Real Jeep.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:58 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Unique is one thing but if they gave up on the model this fast maybe I don't want to touch it. With that short of a product run that would make it harder to get parts if something goes wont. There still advertising it on there sites so is this the last year?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:25 pm 

ObiHann wrote:
Unique is one thing but if they gave up on the model this fast maybe I don't want to touch it. With that short of a product run that would make it harder to get parts if something goes wont. There still advertising it on there sites so is this the last year?

5 year model run isn't to bad, plus it shares a lot of hard parts with the WK too. Also keep in mind that the XK isn't discontinued because it was a bad Jeep. It was a corporate decision to reduce costs since it was competing in the same category as the Grand Cherokee.

Jeep Tech Files

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thats good to know I guess.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:58 pm 
LOST Addict

daspes wrote:
ObiHann wrote:

5 year model run isn't to bad, plus it shares a lot of hard parts with the WK too. Also keep in mind that the XK isn't discontinued because it was a bad Jeep. It was a corporate decision to reduce costs since it was competing in the same category as the Grand Cherokee.

yeah....................... What he said :juggle:

4" Stump Lift.
JBA UCA's
245/75/16 GOODYEAR DURA TRACS

Thanks for throwing me under the bus Evil... Just remember this when you decide to turn yours back in to a... Real Jeep.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:33 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hate to say it, but personally I like the Pathfinder.

4.10s sitting in a box - 3

Sold-1988 Suzuki Samurai
2002 Jeep TJ

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:32 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Jeep Commander, 2006-2010 and beyond

"The Jeep Commander will continue as an offshore-only model, using the 2006-2010 model year tooling and production facilities in another country. Sergio Marchionne said in December 2009 that it could not be built on the same line as the 2011 Grand Cherokee (which will be accompanied by a Durango replacement), and would instead be built elsewhere, and sold in countries such as (but not definitely) China and Russia."

http://www.allpar.com/model/jeep/commander.html

I'd take the Commander over the Pathfinder, hands down.

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

i have owned a 2005 pathfinder se and driven a commander alot....the pathfinder is a bit smaller inside but you can still put alot of stuff in it, they both have v6 motors but the pathfinder is a stronger motor, the commander gets better gas mileage, the pathfinder will tow more weight, but the commander will tow enough. you can get 4x4 in both models, interior design and ease of reach goes to the commander everything just seems to be at your finger tips. Both seat 7 with folding rear benches, I never took the commander off the road but i did with the pathfinder and had no issues. They are both real comfortable to drive short and long distance......i drove both vehicles across canada 3,600 kilometers one way with no issues, and pulled trailers with both vehicles.

i just bought a liberty and i`l tell ya i looked real hard at a commander....and if i won the lottery i would buy another pathfinder. Whick reminds me theres a huge difference in price between these vehicles. I liked both vehicles they both bring possitive things to the table.

-Mopar Nerf Bars
-Tow Hooks (front)
-Garmin GPS

..... ITS A OlllllO THING .....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:49 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Rotten Ollie wrote:
they both have v6 motors but the pathfinder is a stronger motor, the commander gets better gas mileage, the pathfinder will tow more weight, but the commander will tow enough.

The Commander comes with two V8 options. One option is the Hemi.......... The only V6 option is the weak 3.7. The V8 options get better mpg than the V6 option. :JEEPIN:

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

dieselenthusiast wrote:
Rotten Ollie wrote:
they both have v6 motors but the pathfinder is a stronger motor, the commander gets better gas mileage, the pathfinder will tow more weight, but the commander will tow enough.

The Commander comes with two V8 options. One option is the Hemi.......... The only V6 option is the weak 3.7. The V8 options get better mpg than the V6 option. :JEEPIN:

Jeep Commander, has this limited model for 2010 with a standard 5.7 liter V8 engine. And the weak The 4.7 liter V8 engine is no longer available.. Jeep Parts getting better and better all the time.. :2cents: