It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Out with the KJ in with the XK. Loving it so far.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:28 am 
LOST Member

It is a 2006 4x4 4.7L NV245 545RFE QTII. Midnight Blue, just like the KJ. The KJ was starting to enter $$$$ mode, brakes, ball joints, tie rod ends and tires either needed replaced or were replaced. Since we added another child I decided that a larger vehicle was overdue. I wanted to get a pre SuperDuty PowerStroke but those are darn near impossible to get. Since my friend is a salesman I decided to tell him what I was looking for he said "I got the perfect rig". When I got there he showed me an H3. After I punched him in the face I saw the Commander. Here are the pics.

Planned mods:

Flow-master muffler or full cat-back exhaust depending on how much more a full system is vs performance
Skids, hooks, and hitch.
Lift and either 32's or 33's
Super-chip or similar programmer

Post subject: Re: Out with the KJ in with the XK. Loving it so far.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

Why so much negative reaction to the H3? It too is a nice rig, I've done some hard wheeling with it and it proved itself

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Looks good. I've never been inside one of those but they look like pretty roomy, aside from that third row. I like the PNWjeep decal too. I didn't know there was anyone else with a libby (or that used to have a libby I guess) on there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:02 am 
LOST Newbie

Got my '07 a month ago - yeah, the third row is small, but so are 3 of my 4 kids; they FIGHT to sit back there!!! :P Your kids will love it!

For what I've seen, you're gonna wanna go Catback, to keep UP the backpressure and the torque necessary to get those 5,119lbs out of their own way in city/stop 'n' go traffic (my situation). Being from the old hotrodding school myself, I LOVE a good set of throaty duals, but it may not be possible with the 287.

Not sure about hp at this point, but I took my Superchips flashpaq, and tuned it for 87 octane gas, and lowered the axle ratio from 3.73, to 3.55. Since I'm 100% an asphalt crawler at THIS point, I wanted better gas mileage. I'm installing the aFe CAI tomorrow, but with a K&N panel filter and the tuning, I've picked up about 1.5mpg so far. 10 more horses with the CAI will be nice, too, and the 287 is plenty peppy & responsive; there's just a LOTTA mass its GOTTA move, & as an aerodynamic brick no less! :oops: