It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 9:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Advice Please
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:39 pm 
LOST Member

Hi everyone, It is time to replace UCA's a bit movement is evident, anyway I think I will
get a pair of JBA gen 4.5 arms for replacements but I have no idea how order anything
from oversea's.

Post subject: Re: Advice Please
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:41 am 
LOST Addict

The easiest thing to do is to go to www.jeepingbyal.com and then go all the way to the left side of the page. There is a link called bongo international if you click there it will walk you through the steps. If you have any problems Al is very responsive and helpful.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:54 am 
LOST Member

I have bought a bit of stuff from JBA just click on the items you want add them to your cart then go to check out and fill out the details and off you go.I paid by credit card never had any problems.The stuff i ordered(u.c.a's disconnects etc) took about 10 days and they good to deal with, just email them if you have any questions.(i need a couple of lanyards for disconnects if your serious about your u.c.a's pm me) Nobby

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:10 am 
LOST Member

I set up an account and have ordered a set will just have to wait and see what happens next week, Nobby I ordered some lanyards
as well just in case you want some, no biggy if you don't as I ordered some disconects at the same time. I could feel the movement
in UCA's while the KJ was on the ground but when up on the jack it had 8-10mm of movement on the right hand side, so it will be parked up
until I have some new arms.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:26 pm 
LOST Member

Hi Jason
I also went with JBA UCA's and quick disco's. They were here in a week on my doorstep, great service.
Just remember to relieve the lower edge of the opening into which they go through near the inner mounting other wise they will make contact before you get to full drop.
Regards Ross

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:32 am 
LOST Member

Thanks everyone for the advice, my order is in just have wait for it, hmmmm that could be hard, the
KJ will be lucky if it stay's in one peice. Susan makes sure the 2 jeeps get driven regularly just so I don't
get any idea's, I am however looking forward to new UCA's and disco's, maybe looking at longer rear shocks
or even moving the mounts up and and and and, make it stop it hurts to much. :dizzy:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:12 pm 
LOST Addict

2JeepFamily wrote:
Thanks everyone for the advice, my order is in just have wait for it, hmmmm that could be hard, the
KJ will be lucky if it stay's in one peice. Susan makes sure the 2 jeeps get driven regularly just so I don't
get any idea's, I am however looking forward to new UCA's and disco's, maybe looking at longer rear shocks
or even moving the mounts up and and and and, make it stop it hurts to much. :dizzy:

There was actually a guy here on Lost that did exactly that, move up the brackets for the rear shocks, worked a treat. I have actually thought of it myself, then, I promptly forgot about it :-)r

I'm Toight... Toight lik a Toiger.

And

When I go to the Toilet, Chuck Norris is there to tear the squares off for me.

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:14 am 
LOST Member

Hi everyone, now I was expecting to see all my JBA gear turn up this week but still no glory, I paid the extra for the freight ($384 US) hoping to
ensure it turns up but now I am worried it has been 14 working days since I ordered, not to mention my plans to get my KJ usable again, am I just worring to much
or should I just be patient, as this is my first overseas order and I am starting to a little sour taste appearing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:42 am 
LOST Addict

Sometimes it can be held up by local Customs checking it. Small stuff gets through fast but the bigger stuff seems to take more time. Do you have a tracking number for it. GDE were great with my ECU - they shipped via a carrier that provided a tracking number for me to keep tabs on the box; I saw it leave their state, then California, arrive in Aus, into customs, etc etc. For what you paid there should be a tracking number, try asking JBA.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:49 am 
LOST Member

I am hoping it is customs holding it up and not one of the dud couriers I have to deal with regularly, No tracking number and I emailed JBA a day ago
as I am regularly tracking shipments for work, but no reply from JBA and to be honest the 2 emails that have sent since this started have had no replies
so I am not holding my breath, you would think that for $384 shipping fee (Global Express Guaranteed) I would have a little more info on it,
thanks for the advice Glend.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:09 am 
LOST Member

Hi Jason,
14 days sounds normal but it can take up to month to arrive and clear customs from the US.A depending how it was sent ,eg: air frieght/surface frieght.
Surface frieght could take up to six weeks hope they arrive son for you .
Cheers
James
Gi frog

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:09 am 
LOST Addict

Does seem like a long time...??/ I think mine came Via UPS, I could track them all the way, only took about 5-6 days as I remember. And I still get e-mails from them all the time ..

And

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:31 am 
LOST Member

Well I finally got an update but still no consignment number, it was shipped last Friday the 23/07 so I feel a better knowing its not lost somewhere in Queensland
hopefully I will see them next week, I really need to get it going, it is the family bus these days and I hate seeing my little fella being moved around in a
Commodore :cry: Thanks everyone for the input, It is always good to see how helpful everyone is around here.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:21 am 
LOST Member

Got mine sent UPS and was on my door in a week, had tracking number, funny as it is the day it showed up in Syney customs is the day it landed on my door step, bit slow in catching up with the parcel.
Have had many parcels sent from different places in the USA and the longest it took was 9 days, the quickest was 4 days and that one come from the East Coast.
Regards Ross

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:09 am 
LOST Member

Well still no parts, this has nearly turned into a 4 week wait, tracking on the JBA site says they hit customs yesterday, I quess this what I get
for ticking the most expensive freight (I looked on the USPS and it is says guaranteed 3 day freight) so many things running through my mind none
of which I can say here, fingers crossed for tomorrow as I need to fix this thing so I can take it out for a run on the Friday after other wise I will
be stuck with a dead stock TJ :banghead:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:16 pm 
LOST Addict

That really sucks Jas. Mate, I never had a hassle with them, but really this is unacceptable considering the cheaper options get here quicker, I'd be complaining about that and asking for some money back, 4 weeks is NOT PRIORITY DELIVERY.

I've ordered quite a few thing from the US and nothing has ever been over 10 days. $ weeks and they only just get to Australia, sounds like somebody made a mistake and only put them on slow mail.

And

Post subject: Woo hoo its turned up but I feel a distrurbance in the force
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:39 am 
LOST Member

Well quess what my arms have turned up :pepper: :BANANA: :dizzy:

but not everything has turned up, there is no disconnects (like my Invoice indicates there should be), the box is a little damaged where the
ball joints were but not enough for 2 disconnects to fall out, so another email to be sent again :banghead: .
Anyway I am very very very very very happy that my UCA's have turned up, so this weekend I can get busy and stop
my son from having to travel around in a Commodore.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:02 pm 
LOST Member

Whats with the four lanyards? I only got one with mine.
Looks the same UCA's. I give mine a hit with black rattle can flat black to make them ( and the pockets after grinding them out ) stand out less just in case some bugger in a uniform gets inquisitive.
Glad they turned up for you, shame about the QDC's though.
Regards Ross

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:24 am 
LOST Member

[quote="G'ME MUD"]Whats with the four lanyards? I only got one with mine.
I got some spares for Nobby and myself, I got stuck into it today with the die grinder and cleaned out the
pockets and it makes a big difference from what I have seen can't wait to see how well it will flex with the disco's
if I get them. I was going to paint everything black but I seem to have miss placed my can of black and
had to paint it blue. It stands out with red springs anyway. Thanks every one for the advice along the way
the wait is worth it and it is still alot cheaper than Jeep UCA's with added bonus of more flex.
Pictures to come soon. Oh and wait until you see my old ones I am supprised that they haven't fallen apart
they are completely shot.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:46 am 
LOST Member

photo's as promised

I may have to repaint my springs to match now, nah just want to use it more :JEEPIN: