It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need your help. :)
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:50 am 
LOST Junkie

Guys & Gals abroad, I need your help.

As most of you know by now, i've just started my new business venture revolving around Jeeps (for starters).
I've got the QLD Distributorship for AirFlo Snorkels and I want to get a decent hand full of niche market products for KJ, JK and WK Grand. I've got quite a few things in the skunk worx at the the moment but one that i'm really interested in is Rock Lizard Fabrication. The have now completely devoted their building/orders to KJ products, a triumphant win if you ask me.

What I would like to do it really look at how many people would seriously consider buying the RL rear (or front) bar here in Australia.

Even if it were on a low volume scale, I would like to become the Exclusive Australian Agent for Rock Lizard Fabrications, and take it to the KJ'ers of Australia.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:58 am 
LOST Newbie

We would buy a rear bar from you. All sounds very exciting for the KJ's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:28 am 
LOST Addict

You know me, I don't ever rule anything out. :)

So ???? Is there one on the way for the CRD???? Gotta see samples before the buy :)

I'm Toight... Toight lik a Toiger.

And

When I go to the Toilet, Chuck Norris is there to tear the squares off for me.

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:05 pm 
LOST Junkie

cmohr wrote:
You know me, I don't ever rule anything out. :)

So ???? Is there one on the way for the CRD???? Gotta see samples before the buy :)

Marty (AKA Rock Lizard) & I are working on it :)

Man they look hot.........I wasnt so sure about the end/sides being open but it has really grown on me, very alternate/different !! :cool:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:25 pm 
LOST Addict

Stu,
I'm interested as I now think I can't avoid it. The only thing that concerned me was it fitting the Chreokee's that are imported to Aust. Don't quote me on this but I thought many models not just Jeeps are made a little different to what's sent over to us. So, I was thinking that having imported a front bar that didn't quite line up would kind of give me the crap's.

SO what's the weight difference between all 3 bar's on the market. ARB, TJM & this prospective import Lizard. Also which offers the most ground clearence up front & the most inner wheel arch clearence. If you know this stuff Stu that would help, once I know priceing I can give it more serious thought.

Chris

Lifted by CRDSTU
265/70/16 STT's on 16x8 Chrome Soft 8's
CDKJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:28 am 
LOST Junkie

CDKJ wrote:
Stu,
I'm interested as I now think I can't avoid it. The only thing that concerned me was it fitting the Chreokee's that are imported to Aust. Don't quote me on this but I thought many models not just Jeeps are made a little different to what's sent over to us. So, I was thinking that having imported a front bar that didn't quite line up would kind of give me the crap's.

SO what's the weight difference between all 3 bar's on the market. ARB, TJM & this prospective import Lizard. Also which offers the most ground clearence up front & the most inner wheel arch clearence. If you know this stuff Stu that would help, once I know priceing I can give it more serious thought.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I cant comment on the weight of the RL bars but i'm sure Marty will send me the info on exact weights in due course.
Our KJ's wouldnt and shouldnt be any different to the US models in terms of body and construction, just smaller things like interior spec, licence plate mounting (incl lights) and indicators ect. If I put a RL rear bar on my KJ (higly likely) then i'll be putting some LED stop & indicators combo lights in it.

I'm also surious as to the rear reciever hitch. If it comes built in (which it looks as if it does) then there wont be a need for a $400+ genuine towbar package. I'm yet to see the exact mounting points of the RL rear bar but it look pretty solid to me.

ARB front bar is the heaviest by far. Something tells me the RL & TJM ones would be similar, but once again, needs to be confirmed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:24 am 
LOST Newbie

i'd be interested price & legalities dependant though. for both front & rear.

don't front bars have to be air bag compatible?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:01 am 
LOST Junkie

sini wrote:
i'd be interested price & legalities dependant though. for both front & rear.

don't front bars have to be air bag compatible?

To be honest I dont know, but will be speaking to the guys from TJM's R&D dept (who do this sort of thing for a living) and see what they say.
They send a couple of bars a week down to Melbourne for Airbag testing & compliance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:26 am 
LOST Newbie

cool oz... keep us posted on your findings.

not to be a party pooper, but the last thing you'd want is a garage full of imported bumpers u can't sell due to compliance issues
i've thought about fabbing one up before, but haven't due the ADR dramas

hopefully you can work it all out.