It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:32 am 
LOST Addict

GoldCoastJeepers wrote:
We would be interested in a Coffs trip. I am sure if we gave the Cheif and the Coffs Coast Jeepers advance notice we would get a tour around the tracks. At least we know if it rains there is a 9 man tent to gather under.

:lol: That's it, however I'd say one room (3rd on the left, after the main room) may need a new light fitting :lol: .

Sounds good, I told Jenko & I will pass the link onto Dave from SJC. Other than that I can only suggest a post on another forum (not sure how it would go) perhaps a few pm's to get a bit of interest first.

Quote:
I think we also need to excersize a little caution with the whole KJ only thing, sure first and foremost it's aboot LOSTKJ downunder, but not only do we need to let it be open to all comers, but actively encourage others as well, to keep the Jeep spirit alive. Folks that do come just have to repect the fact that it IS based around the KJ though. I know those folks that would come to an event such as this would be there in the general spirit of a bunch of jeepers getting together to have some fun, and wouldn't have any problem with that, it's only those who have actually no interest or intent on coming that would be the biggest critics.

I agree with you there, I'm not sure how the "Classic Not Plastic" thing works but as I under stand it you have to be invited if your not a classic. We could promote it that way without making it invite only. For example:

"LOST KJ Downunder 07" bla bla bla ..... inviting all Jeeps BIG or small to come and enjoy a weekend of eating dirt with a few LOST KJ's in the hills around Coffs .....

As BIG Kev said "I'm Excited"

Lifted by CRDSTU
265/70/16 STT's on 16x8 Chrome Soft 8's
CDKJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:30 am 
LOST Addict

OK That's is...it's settled, We are having a LOSTKJs Downunder Run, all in favor raise you hand... :D

Lets get some numbers, it would be a good place to hand out the stickers too....

CDKJ, you bring the beer :lol:

I may be getting ahead of myself here but, If this goes well, we may have to have an ALL Australia Meeting at Uluru or something like that. That way East can really meet West, and everyone else in between. :shock:

I'm Toight... Toight lik a Toiger.

And

When I go to the Toilet, Chuck Norris is there to tear the squares off for me.

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:17 pm 
LOST Junkie

cmohr wrote:
I may be getting ahead of myself here but, If this goes well, we may have to have an ALL Australia Meeting at Uluru or something like that. That way East can really meet West, and everyone else in between. :shock:

OH boy does that sound good !! I've always wanted to do a trip to THE ROCK :twisted: !! Count me and my frugal diesel in !! :P! !!

So what dates suit everyone (ballpark?) ? I guess it would have to be a long w'end August/Sept ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:01 am 
LOST Addict

cmohr wrote:
OK That's is...it's settled, We are having a LOSTKJs Downunder Run, all in favor raise you hand... :D

Lets get some numbers, it would be a good place to hand out the stickers too....

CDKJ, you bring the beer :lol:

Quote:
OH boy does that sound good !! I've always wanted to do a trip to THE ROCK !! Count me and my frugal diesel in !! ! !!

So what dates suit everyone (ballpark?) ? I guess it would have to be a long w'end August/Sept ?

How good would that be, a trip to the Rock.

Now were talking, Ed mentioned the June long weekend (Queens B'day) not sure if it's too soon or not. It could be a good date that paves the way for an Aug / Sept meet. Either way it can start out small & grow. I've already told my wife if she can't get off work I'm going with my boy, she seem OK with it so count me in. :D :D

So with the camping, what's the story with toilets & showers etc.. I'm not being silly or anything but are we talking about the middle of the bush or a Big4 sort of thing :D . I like GoldCoastJeepers sugestion about contacting the Coffs Jeepers & see what they can advise & or help organise. SJC has a lease on a property that has running water & electricity, perhaps they have the same sort of thing.

Lifted by CRDSTU
CDKJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:11 am 
LOST Newbie

i'd be in for the inaugural lost kj down under meeting dependant on the dates… :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:12 am 
LOST Junkie

I think the one the guys were talking about the other day was Mooney Beach Caravan/Camping grounds ? on a river entrance or something ? I'll find out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:14 am 
LOST Addict

OzLtd wrote:
I think the one the guys were talking about the other day was Mooney Beach Caravan/Camping grounds ? on a river entrance or something ? I'll find out.

Sounds good, I think I will look on the net for it.

Quote:
sini

i'd be in for the inaugural lost kj down under meeting dependant on the dates…

Wow, that's a long drive. Any idea how long?

Lifted by CRDSTU
CDKJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:41 am 
LOST Newbie

sorry i misunderstood. i was thinking a get together, like the jamboree, but for kjs only!
a lot of planning & logistics, worth keeping an open mind

Quote:
Wow, that's a long drive. Any idea how long?

to answer your question CD, from my house to coffs is 1812km - 18hrs 50mins non-stop
or to the rock 1573kms - 19hrs 20mins :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:33 pm 
LOST Member

I'd prefer a camping ground to a caravan park because you can't have a campfire in caravan parks :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:10 pm 
LOST Addict

ed. wrote:
I'd prefer a camping ground to a caravan park because you can't have a campfire in caravan parks :p

Yep. I agree, gotta have a fire....Whats a camp without a camp fire :)

I'm Toight... Toight lik a Toiger.

And

When I go to the Toilet, Chuck Norris is there to tear the squares off for me.

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:46 am 
LOST Junkie

cmohr wrote:
ed. wrote:

Yep. I agree, gotta have a fire....Whats a camp without a camp fire :)

True, didnt occur to me :)

A campfire is as Borat would say "Great Success" :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:11 am 
LOST Member

*hi-5

:lol: