It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: KJ spotted me
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:16 am 
LOST Addict

I missed a wave opp this afternoon. As I was pulling onto the Pacific Hwy (Pymble) from my wife's work I had a fellow KJ'er checkout my JEEP (he was stock). I could'nt give a wave as it's a bad turn & requires both hands on the wheel. He had a good look, you know, the sort of look that say's I'd like my KJ to have that, or, I could do that to my KJ.

I've often given the wave to many a KJ & NEVER had one back, bunch of pricks us KJ'ers :lol: . This has inspired me to try again with the wave (not the salute :D ). + I love parking next to the stock ones any place I can, just so they can see what can be done.

Lifted by CRDSTU
265/70/16 STT's on 16x8 Chrome Soft 8's
CDKJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:29 am 
LOST Newbie

I hear you brother! Many a time I'm cruising along and I see a fellow KJer but I just can't bring myself to giving them "the wave". I once waved at a modified TJ and the guy looked at me like I was some kind of freak so that put me off. And yeah, it IS fun parking next to a stocker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:42 am 
LOST Addict

mkh wrote:
I hear you brother! Many a time I'm cruising along and I see a fellow KJer but I just can't bring myself to giving them "the wave". I once waved at a modified TJ and the guy looked at me like I was some kind of freak so that put me off. And yeah, it IS fun parking next to a stocker.

:lol: Yes me too mkh, however I have received a wave form one TJ.

Lifted by CRDSTU
CDKJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:15 pm 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

he he

i love parking next to stockers

its more fun parking next to ford exploders

do it you will see why :twisted:

aussie KJ Lost No#150605
3" OME lift + Rancho RS9000xl's front and rear
prototype Airflow snorkel
Magnaflow cat back
265/70R16 Hankook MTRT03 on MOABS baby
4.10's and a truetrac up front
super skinks
coming soon
a myride wireless controller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:12 pm 
LOST Member

I parked alongside a nice polished black stock TJ at woollies the other day and when I came out this dood in his brushed nylon vest and slicked back hair was checking out my tyres and I thought I would have a yarn but when I approached he took off the other way and as I came back around the car park to get out he came back and was getting into the TJ.......I thought maybe what they say about TJ drivers might be right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:03 pm 
LOST Addict

Haha, the other week when I dropped off the KJ to have a bit of servicing done I parked next to a TJ, My KJ towered over his, my wheels were bigger, lift bigger, and the guy said to me, "yeah, but you couldn't drive it offroad" , I agrreed with him and he looked at me strangely as I said, " Yeah, with that lift and those tyres you'd go nowhere offroad" , he was most pissed off at me suggesting his was just a malll crawler and mine was actually a 4x4, yet it was perfectly fine for him to say the same thing about mine. I don't care what someone has, or what they do with it, but, when they have a go at me unprevoked with a high and mighty atitude, well, I bite back.

Funny world.. :D His obvoiusly looked like it had never ever been off the bitumen and by what he said never would. He was too worried about rust, dirty carpets and scratches on his paintwork. Not saying I'm not, but, that what goes with 4x4ing, at the end of the day he may as well had a barina for the amount of "offroading" he would ever do.

I'm Toight... Toight lik a Toiger.

And

When I go to the Toilet, Chuck Norris is there to tear the squares off for me.

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:37 am 
LOST Member

Nothing wrong with a tidy looking 4by LOL.
My ARB front bar is colour coded and I just noticed the other day the previous owner even colour coded the back of the IPF spotties!

My gf cleaned out all the door jam full of mud the other day... looks new now :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:12 am 
LOST Addict

ed. wrote:
Nothing wrong with a tidy looking 4by LOL.
My ARB front bar is colour coded and I just noticed the other day the previous owner even colour coded the back of the IPF spotties!

My gf cleaned out all the door jam full of mud the other day... looks new now :lol:

Your lucky Ed, I think I'm the only one who clean's mine. Im forever picking up food from the seat's & floor :cry:

Quote:
cmohr

Haha, the other week when I dropped off the KJ to have a bit of servicing done I parked next to a TJ, My KJ towered over his, my wheels were bigger, lift bigger, and the guy said to me, "yeah, but you couldn't drive it offroad" , I agrreed with him and he looked at me strangely as I said, " Yeah, with that lift and those tyres you'd go nowhere offroad" , he was most pissed off at me suggesting his was just a malll crawler and mine was actually a 4x4, yet it was perfectly fine for him to say the same thing about mine. I don't care what someone has, or what they do with it, but, when they have a go at me unprevoked with a high and mighty atitude, well, I bite back.

Funny world.. His obvoiusly looked like it had never ever been off the bitumen and by what he said never would. He was too worried about rust, dirty carpets and scratches on his paintwork. Not saying I'm not, but, that what goes with 4x4ing, at the end of the day he may as well had a barina for the amount of "offroading" he would ever do.

That story made me laugh Cmohr, got to love those that always know best :roll:

Lifted by CRDSTU
CDKJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:16 am 
LOST Addict

G'ME MUD wrote:
I parked alongside a nice polished black stock TJ at woollies the other day and when I came out this dood in his brushed nylon vest and slicked back hair was checking out my tyres and I thought I would have a yarn but when I approached he took off the other way and as I came back around the car park to get out he came back and was getting into the TJ.......I thought maybe what they say about TJ drivers might be right.

:lol: :lol: Not sure what they say about TJ drivers. Perhaps he was wondering what he'd parked next to " It's got a Jeep badge on it :? ". :lol: :lol:

Lifted by CRDSTU
CDKJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:54 am 
LOST Addict

:D

I'm Toight... Toight lik a Toiger.

And

When I go to the Toilet, Chuck Norris is there to tear the squares off for me.

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"