It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1044 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next
 Post subject: Re: Crikey!!! Everyones here
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:23 am 
LOST Addict

This stuff is 5w-40, API CI-4, ACEA E4/E7/"B4", JASO DH-1, Global DHD-1.. That sounds about right doesnt it???

The engine quieter and smoother, not blowing anywhere near as much smoke as it was. The breather has vastly less oil odor, mist coming out. With the HPR, my engine actually took a few seconds for the oil presure switch to go off on a cold start, and there was quite noticable misting out of the breather, plus, fair bit of smoke on accelleration/takeoff. This fully Sin is much better alround. But I may put in one of those nulon Diesel engine oil additives to be safe maybe?????

I'm Toight... Toight lik a Toiger.

And

When I go to the Toilet, Chuck Norris is there to tear the squares off for me.

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:55 am 
LOST Member

:CAMPING: :JEEPIN: :5SHOTS: :5SHOTS: :5SHOTS: :JEEPIN: :grim: :dead: :ALONE: just my :2cents:
none of the above are related to anything, I have been sick all week and I think its getting to me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:34 pm 
LOST Addict

2JeepFamily wrote:
:CAMPING: :JEEPIN: :5SHOTS: :5SHOTS: :5SHOTS: :JEEPIN: :grim: :dead: :ALONE: just my :2cents:
none of the above are related to anything, I have been sick all week and I think its getting to me.

I completely agree with your Interpretive smilies statement of summation of the last week...

The only thing I would add to it would be :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :grim: :furious: :ALONE: :dead: :dead: :grim: :dizzy: :5SHOTS:

And

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:57 pm 
LOST Addict

Thanks Chris and Liz for the wonderful dinner last night, was excellent to catch up with yourselves as well as Greg and Jen.

Stay safe all with your travels these coming weeks.

And

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:11 pm 
LOST Junkie

Location: Somewhere in Australia - or not, as the case may be.
cmohr wrote:
Thanks Chris and Liz for the wonderful dinner last night, was excellent to catch up with yourselves as well as Greg and Jen.

:BANANA: It's always great to have your company :pepper: - we must get together more often. :jester: :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:31 pm 
LOST Addict

pipeliner wrote:
cmohr wrote:

:BANANA: It's always great to have your company :pepper: - we must get together more often. :jester: :JEEPIN:

Like wise from JaG. It was great to catch up with you guys before Xmas. What a great meal Liz, thank you from my waist line :wink: It was a long drive home but I was pleased to fall into bed.

Chris (Pipes) please stay safe in your up coming travels to Turkey and hope to see you in the Xmas /New Year break if you & Liz can make it (you know where we will be. 8) )

Always good to catch up with you again too Chris (Cmohr). Don't work too hard and remember to have a holiday soon.

Cheers

Mopar Skid Plates,dual battery system,Tubular Jeep s/steps,
2.5" Lift OME Shocks & King Springs,AirFlow Snorkel
Long Range fuel Tank 115 Ltre,Drawer Unit
Rola:Roof Rails,Basket,Shovel Holders & Luggage Boot
Desert Edge Off Road Camper

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:42 pm 
LOST Junkie

Location: Somewhere in Australia - or not, as the case may be.
Just arrived in Taq Taq (Google Earth it if you are interested!) to discover that it is possible for a cook to render a piece of chicken totally inedible!

actually, don't bother with Google - it just got very confused. Try Arbil (or Erbil) instead, then head 50km ESE!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:12 pm 
LOST Addict

pipeliner wrote:
Just arrived in Taq Taq (Google Earth it if you are interested!) to discover that it is possible for a cook to render a piece of chicken totally inedible!

actually, don't bother with Google - it just got very confused. Try Arbil (or Erbil) instead, then head 50km ESE!

Just Had a look to see where you are Chris...........Please stay safe over there :!: :!:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:45 pm 
LOST Addict

To all the Losties downunder, have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year; and drive carefully with all the nutcases on the road. I saw a family in a packed :JEEPIN: this morning heading out - they had boogie boards and stuff falling off the roof rack into traffic. For those going :CAMPING: I hope you enjoy the crowds. Me i'll be putting on the Christmas DVDs (It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle of 34th Street, etc) and enjoying a :5SHOTS: with family and friends. All the best for 2011 :jester:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:21 pm 
LOST Addict

Thanks Glen, Hope everybody stays safe and has a good time over the break.

Me . I hope to do a bit of Kayaking. Take some Photos, and catch up on a little me time.

Best Wishes to all.

And

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:41 am 
LOST Member

Have good break fella's, I think you deserve it and may the new year bring you as much joy as this year has bought me.
Catching up for a trip or 2 or 3 maybe more next year would be 8) 8) 8) .

PS. I fixed the car - replace one axle with stripped splines with one second hand one, then presto time to find
some more slippery surfaces.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:44 am 
LOST Addict

Yup!! Merry Xmas to all our :JEEPIN: friends and thanks for another great year :JEEPIN: & :CAMPING: Can't wait for our next adventure.....Where was it again :?: :?: :-)r :BANANA:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:03 pm 
LOST Addict

Gee Greg I don't feel so strange now reading this at 4am when your on here posting at 12:44am. Could not sleep - I blame the full moon but its probably stress :banghead:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:41 pm 
LOST Addict

Morning all... hope everyone is well.

A few things..
I've had a look at a few cars over the last month or so and cant find anything thats really doing it for me (in my price bracket that is). The KJ still ticks all the boxes.. dosent make it easy when considering other cars. In short weve still got it... and it's probably done about 2ks in as many months.

However... I've got a new noise :furious: and am thinking lower ball joints this time (boths sides.... not sure but the sound is from both sides). Were going to have it looked at again... I went and saw Wooders on Friday and he thinks Overkill has got their doo doo togther so perhaps I can give it to them for a look. I feel like a human yoyo :? I whish wooders also worked on cars. I think I'll also give Brad a call and have a chat to him as hes good mates with Sam at overkill.. perhaps he can be of some help.

My other Jeep :D :D .. is great (1/10 YJ Wrangler :ROTFL: ... no problem and if their are I can fix them all... and I go cheap LOL)

Lifted by CRDSTU
265/70/16 STT's on 16x8 Chrome Soft 8's
CDKJ

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:17 pm 
LOST Addict

CD wrote:
Morning all... hope everyone is well.

A few things..
I've had a look at a few cars over the last month or so and cant find anything thats really doing it for me (in my price bracket that is). The KJ still ticks all the boxes.. dosent make it easy when considering other cars. In short weve still got it... and it's probably done about 2ks in as many months.

However... I've got a new noise :furious: and am thinking lower ball joints this time (boths sides.... not sure but the sound is from both sides). Were going to have it looked at again... I went and saw Wooders on Friday and he thinks Overkill has got their doo doo togther so perhaps I can give it to them for a look. I feel like a human yoyo :? I whish wooders also worked on cars. I think I'll also give Brad a call and have a chat to him as hes good mates with Sam at overkill.. perhaps he can be of some help.

My other Jeep :D :D .. is great (1/10 YJ Wrangler :ROTFL: ... no problem and if their are I can fix them all... and I go cheap LOL)

Morning Chris
Hope u & yours had a great Xmas & New Years' etc. We canned our plans to go camping down at Broome's Head (Yurygir NP Near Grafton) due to the "Big Wet". As I type this it is still coming down in buckets. However managed a couple of days in a Cabin at Tin Can Bay with with Family (Kids & G/Kids). Also had a great day with 2jeepFamily down the beach tracks to Fresh Water.

Anyhow have you checked your engine mounts, as I have had some mysterious knocks lately & eventually found the engine mounts were cracked. :dizzy:

Last edited by Team J.a.G on Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:41 pm 
LOST Addict

CD I know a guy who could help. He is a first class (old school) Jeep mechanic that works for a Sydney Jeep service centre - he is also an SJC member, drives a JK Unlimted CRD, and was a very valuable resource on the Desert Trip. He helped my son with all sorts of info. Eddy is talking about retiring and starting up his own shop. He lives in Burwood and has a great workshop out the back (full of Jeep parts, fluids, etc). If you'd like to give him a ring and have a chat I've sent you his phone number by PM.

Cheers
Glen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:28 pm 
LOST Addict

Man this Flooding is off the scale, two years ago we were in the worst drought, we couldnt even wash our cars, now they are floating down main streets of towns. I think its going to get worst still. Hope all is well with everybody.

How's it up North, Jas, Rosco ???

And

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:18 pm 
LOST Addict

Yeah, the video footage of the Toowoomba flash flood is horrible, and so many people still missing. Hope all the Qld guys are up on high ground. Wonder how Stu is doing on his new property west of Brissy? Might give him a ring today.

When is this all going to stop? I'm suppose to head up to Dysart in early February but this is looking increasingly like a crazy idea because even if the rain stops the damage to the roads, and the water heading into NSW from the north, looks like making it an impossibility.

Stay dry.

Ah Qld, beautiful one day perfect the next - for ducks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:41 am 
LOST Member

Hi all,
Yes what Glen said please stay safe everyone in north.
P.S I have subca gear for rent if any one need it :ROTFL: seriously guys please stay safe and dry.
Thinking good thoughts for all court in the floods.
cheers
James & Lyn
gi frog

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:58 pm 
LOST Member

All is good around my place, not so good for friends in town. I spent a couple of days helping them clean up their business only to see it go
under again and they still have to deal with another 5 metre flood again today. The mud that it leaves is heart breaking and time consuming
to clean. Bundaberg ran out of the basics yesterday, bread, milk and not much fuel either. On a positive, the stay at home Dad thing is great
:BANANA: :BANANA: :BANANA: I am loving it, I will send everyone my updates phone number soon as my old one is the work number that
I used.
Our hopes and prayers are with the people from the devistated areas

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1044 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53  Next