It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1044 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53
 Post subject: Re: Crikey!!! Everyones here
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:10 pm 
LOST Addict

Belated Merry Christmas JAG and to all, a Happy New Year.

I'm still around here from time to time. Getting prepared for a Darling River Run in April, Wentworth to Bourke via Mindinee, Mungo, Broken Hill, White Cliffs, Tilpa etc. Might head north from Bourke afterwards.

Have a safe holiday season, I'll be staying off the roads until they all get the heck back to work.

There was a 23km long traffic jam at Bulahdelah yesterday, and the RTA is predicting more chaos today (self inflicted as its due to the usual Pacific Hwy upgrade work that has been going on since Adam was a boy).

Post subject: Crikey!!! Everyones here
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:35 am 
LOST Junkie

Location: Somewhere in Australia - or not, as the case may be.
We had absolutely no problems with traffic coming back to Brisbane from Adelaide - mind you, we did come up the Silver City Highway from Wentworth to Noccundra which is not exactly on the tourist map! Didn't hit any traffic until past Dalby on the way to the Sunshine Coast.

Points to note: JR's (?) Automotive in Cunnamurra are worth patronising - they replaced an Anderson plug on the trailer on New Years Eve even though they were officially closed, and the Top Tourist caravan park at St George has the best ablutions block I've ever come across anywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:24 pm 
LOST Addict

pipeliner wrote:
the Top Tourist caravan park at St George has the best ablutions block I've ever come across anywhere.

Ha ha, I agree! I've stayed there a few times on trips to my son's place at Dysart, and on the way up to the Cape (inland route is so much easier). I assume your talking about the Pelican's Rest that Steve and Lorraine run. Highly recommended.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:31 pm 
LOST Addict

For those interested a couple of camps coming up...........

Global Jamboree sponsored: http://www.globaljamboree.com.au/event/ ... goomburra/
Global Jamboree 2013 Calendar : http://www.globaljamboree.com.au/wp-con ... Events.pdf

Gold Coast Jeepers : June 2013 Long week-end - Woolli NSW (Yuragir NP)

Mopar Skid Plates,dual battery system,Tubular Jeep s/steps,
2.5" Lift OME Shocks & King Springs,AirFlow Snorkel
Long Range fuel Tank 115 Ltre,Drawer Unit
Rola:Roof Rails,Basket,Shovel Holders & Luggage Boot
Desert Edge Off Road Camper

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1044 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53