It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:47 am 
LOST Addict

The Yellow Top is a 50 Amphour deep cycle as well as cranking.

I run the fridge all night and the next day and have no problems with starting. To run the Fridge, I have put in a dedicated 6mm +&- Lead directly from the battery to the fridge in the boot, I found that the standard wirining to the boot plug, whilst it will run the fridge, the fridge would error and cut out when plugged into it as the voltage drop over that distance of crap standard wire causes supply to drop under the fridges failsafe voltage current "Battery Protection" circuit. I have the Weaco fridge has a power draw of 0.8 Amps per hour and has built in battery voltage protection that wil cut the fidge out if the battery starts to run low, so as you can still start the car.

Before I put in the dedicated line, the fridge would error and cut out in about 2 hrs, but, one time I had to have the fridge running sop I turned off the battery protection, what I did not realize is that meant the compressor just simily ran, and did not turn off. It ran for 12 hours overnite, every thing is the fridge was frozen solid in the moring and the fridge compressor was still running. Car started perfectly first time.

You can buy a Weaco wiring Harness from most suppliers that has the wiring and two outllets, and that unit itself also has the battery protection component in it, so if you are running any kind of fridge or appliance it will safe guard your battery voltage.

Now having said that, I also have a 20 Amp Hour Jump starter pack under the passengers seat that I keep charged up as a back up, I can jumpstart the car if need be, or use it to run the fridge for periods of about 6 hrs, and or lighting, computers and the such.

I'm Toight... Toight lik a Toiger.

And

When I go to the Toilet, Chuck Norris is there to tear the squares off for me.

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:07 am 
LOST Newbie

Quote:
Now having said that, I also have a 20 Amp Hour Jump starter pack under the passengers seat that I keep charged up as a back up, I can jumpstart the car if need be, or use it to run the fridge for periods of about 6 hrs, and or lighting, computers and the such.

Now that's a good idea! I wasn't too keen to have to muck around with the battery tray - and then have to lug around a second battery that won't get used 90% of the time.

Cheers,
Eric.