It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: See how it goes
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:12 pm 
LOST Addict

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/sho ... post887181

Karen & I have been thinking of way's to make more money, my job pay's very well and I'd find it hard to do better without taking a much more senior roll in the industry. Which would mean more stress & more hours, Karens work is OK but hard as the kids are still not in school. Anyway we have been talking about starting a hobby business at home to make extra money and if all goes well the plan would be to make it into a full time job. Any way we need some cash to buy some equipment. Thus were selling both 4x4's, we were already selling the Pajero but now have a better idea of what we want to do with the cash.

If all goes to plan I will be back in a Jeep within a few years but for now it will have to be work 1st and play later. My current job has no idea I'm doing this and I'm keeping it that way as they may find it to be a conflict of interest. Anyway I don't want to post up in black and white what were doing but I'm happy to PM. Once it's going I will be more open about it that's for sure.

Lifted by CRDSTU
265/70/16 STT's on 16x8 Chrome Soft 8's
CDKJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:40 pm 
LOST Addict

One BIG Step Hey Chris.. :D

Best wishes with it all, I understand the money thing, and it makes a lot of sense to use what you have now to make more and then as you say you can always buy another one..

You'll still have to hang around here tho :lol:

I'm Toight... Toight lik a Toiger.

And

When I go to the Toilet, Chuck Norris is there to tear the squares off for me.

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:04 am 
LOST Member

Location: Australia - Bris during the week and the Condamine at the weekend
Huge step Chris and after all that hassle with the engineering....But its better to do the hard(er) yards sooner rather than later and there will allways be another jeep.

Best of luck with the new venture and what sounds like a good change in life style. Working from home? If so its a great way to work and live even if the money is tight at first. My wife and I left our jobs three years ago to set up in competition with the old boss - :lol: Still going strong and we get to play with our daughter everyday. :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:15 am 
LOST Member

Best of good fortune with the new venture, some times we need to make decisions with the head instead of the heart, but which head were you thinking with to come up with the idea to sell the money pit, oops Jeep. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:12 am 
LOST Addict

Thanks for the kind words lads, yes it's not an easy decision to make. However if it all work out then it will be worth it, but 1st things 1st. I need the cash, then buy some machinery, then get into it at night and weekends to start with. Probably buy some crap box to get to work and back & some other crap box for the fam car.

Quote:
You'll still have to hang around here tho

Can't see that changing mate :D

Lifted by CRDSTU
CDKJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:39 am 
LOST Junkie

Location: Somewhere in Australia - or not, as the case may be.
What's it worth for us not to tell prospective buyers how your Jeep's been driven?

Best of luck mate, keep in touch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:34 am 
LOST Addict

Yes Chris all the best with the venture. Don't hestitate if you need any sounding boards to bounce your thoughts that you may question through-out your development journey. But in any event keep in touch.

Mopar Skid Plates,dual battery system,Tubular Jeep s/steps,
2.5" Lift OME Shocks & King Springs,AirFlow Snorkel
Long Range fuel Tank 115 Ltre,Drawer Unit
Rola:Roof Rails,Basket,Shovel Holders & Luggage Boot
Desert Edge Off Road Camper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:48 am 
LOST Member

best of luck mate.!.
pitty we never got to go for a drive togther...

i'll give you a buz the next time i don't have a navi :) maybe even let you drive the silver beast ... hahaha :)

check ya pm's.

stephen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:01 am 
LOST Addict

[quote="pipeliner"]What's it worth for us not to tell prospective buyers how your Jeep's been driven?
quote]
If anyone was going to say that it would be you, you funny bugger :D

Thanks again gents, I will post back when I have any news or updates in regard to this thread.

Lifted by CRDSTU
CDKJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:38 am 
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Holy crap off the PC for an afternoon and this happens :shock:

mate best of luck with the new venture , i have a home office and its great to be able to spend time with the fam during the day

aussie KJ Lost No#150605
3" OME lift + Rancho RS9000xl's front and rear
prototype Airflow snorkel
Magnaflow cat back
265/70R16 Hankook MTRT03 on MOABS baby
4.10's and a truetrac up front
super skinks
coming soon
a myride wireless controller

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:30 am 
LOST Junkie

Location: Wherever offensive avatars are found!! - Well, Brisvegas mostly...
Mate, all the best with the new project.
Please stick around, I NEED your recipies to keep the missus happy!!!!
M.

GLEND Storage Unit #1
Alloys, Receiver Hitch & Treg Hitch
TJM Prototype Nudge Bar,
30L Waeco Cooler, Uniden UHF, Garmin GPS
Optima Yellow Top, 6Stacker, Night Stalker Spotties
Airflow Snorkel, 3 LOST Stickers
The Lil' HEEP
Waltzing my Matilda all over...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:57 am 
LOST Addict

Fouros wrote:
Holy crap

Put your hat back on Batman... as of this afternoon things are looking good for the KJ. Pajero is going tomorrow :cry:, but it's going to mean we can keep the KJ. We have been doing some talking with our banking manager and another party, thus we have found a way to keep one 4x4. Any way we have found what we wanted last week and needed to act fast, real fast.

This is the first part of Ferndale Press (we registered the business name last week :D :D :D :D ), we are having the rest of the press arrive tomorrow. Then we need to find a guillo and a folding machine.... etc.

I will keep you posted and probably post some more pics later, I must say it feel's real good to be keeping the KJ. I'm not to upset about selling the highlift as that paid for the business name registration and I can alawys get another one.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

(Stephen, looks like were going to be able to wheel the KJ's after all 8) )

Lifted by CRDSTU
CDKJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey Mate, All the best with the new Venture :)

4:10 Gears, DTT's
ARB Bar, IPF Lights, Rola Vortex roof basket &
Mopar Skids

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:45 pm 
LOST Addict

What the heck brand press is that one Chris...?????? and wot size, SRA3???

And

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:53 am 
LOST Addict

cmohr wrote:
What the heck brand press is that one Chris...?????? and wot size, SRA3???

Ryobi 3022M, yes SRA3. The pic is not very good but there is a placard above the controls stating the brand and number. Never heard of SRA3 till I started looking into this, it's always been either reals, IPS, 1/2 IPS, 720x1020. Oh well, I've not run a press for about 10 years so this should be fun. What's more the last press I ran was a web :lol: . Time to get back to basics, only ran a GTO for 1 month on my 1st year :roll: .

Another teaser for you:

I will have it all ready on Monday for printing. Should be a few weeks till I'm ready to start getting jobs.

Lifted by CRDSTU
CDKJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:00 am 
LOST Member

excellent news mate ;)
we're going for a drive this weekend, up around lost city, don't have a NAVI spot as the missus is going to come, but would be great to have another KJ there :)

bugger too cause i was looking to get some bits off you cheap ;) lol oh well... its better news

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:06 am 
LOST Addict

Grain Direction is very important on those buggers,, 80-200 gsm run Long Grain SRA3 , 200 and over run Short Grain SRA3. That is if it is a short edge grip???? I think they arebut, have been known to be wrong lol......

Is it intergated dampening or Molleton???, Best covers for Mol are the "New-Mol"s from JL Lennards.

Is that a Silvermaster Platemaker or an Electrostatic Plater???

Gee very exciting times Chris, VERY Exciting Times..

And

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:57 pm 
LOST Addict

cmohr wrote:
Grain Direction is very important on those buggers,, 80-200 gsm run Long Grain SRA3 , 200 and over run Short Grain SRA3. That is if it is a short edge grip???? I think they arebut, have been known to be wrong lol......

Is it intergated dampening or Molleton???, Best covers for Mol are the "New-Mol"s from JL Lennards.

Is that a Silvermaster Platemaker or an Electrostatic Plater???

Gee very exciting times Chris, VERY Exciting Times..

Thanks, yes very exciting. Had it installed yesterday, level etc. Only problem was I didn't have a 15amp power point, so I had to get a sparkie out pronto :roll: . THe plate maker is an AKI, it makes paper and plastic (polly, not sure what you call them... yet :wink: ). I made some plates yesterday and inked up the 1st unit, got it running at about 7000iph (sph ? can't remember what this press call's it but it's all the same). Not bad for my 1st go in such a long time :D , funny thing was I even enjoyed washing up :lol: .

The dampeners are Molleton, I remember watching as an apprentice how to change the covers but never had to do it. I've got a few spares but I'm not sure what the brand is Chris, I will have a look and let you know.

I will keep that in mind about the grain direction, should be fun finding it's limits.

Yesterday morning we went out and had a look at a guillo, can't remember the brand but I will post up when I remember. So we bought it and will have it delivered Thur or Friday, 1 spare blade and one spare cutting stick. I also got him to chuck in a coated and uncoated pms book (new). Not bad for the price and it includes delivery so were happy. It's got a manual clamp, manual back guage and electric knife. It's like an Ideal but it's not.. sorry can't remember the brand.

I will post some other pics later cmohr so you can see the other goodies :D

Stephen, sorry mate but I will be putting my head in the press for a little while so I can't commit to this weekend.

Lifted by CRDSTU
CDKJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:49 pm 
LOST Addict

Oh yeah, on eof those little Ideal Guillos, just watch when cutting down bcards, cut in small stacks and heaps of clamp presure otherwise it can scoop badly.

We actually have a little horizion guillo out the back here fully auto, don't know how much they want for it, but , if you now have one...

Those covers are easy to change you just need to do it right otherwise dampening can be a hassle, make sure you shink them down with boiling water before you sew the ends, if you don't and sew the ends first, after the cover shrinks it crushes the ends of the dampener rollers and you get flooding on the edges and catch-up thru the middle.

If I can help at all let me know..

cmohr

And

Post subject: Paper
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:42 pm 
LOST Addict

cmohr wrote:
Oh yeah, on eof those little Ideal Guillos, just watch when cutting down bcards, cut in small stacks and heaps of clamp presure otherwise it can scoop badly.
cmohr

It's a Ucheda (S/P) but yes I found out the other day. I forgot about your post cmohr, we printed 100'000 b'cards for a leter box drop. So small stacks was not the go :lol: :lol: .

I ran a job last night on Express Offset, up until now I've been using Opal offset but with the price increase I opted for the cheaper stock. Well what a nightmare, I had so much trouble feeding it. Main problem was the stock buckling when hitting the grippers that take it from the feeder board into the 1st unit. I had a look for some sort of adjustment that could perhaps slow down the feeder board but no luck. I did find an adjustment that flicks the stock into the grippers (spinning bar that you can adjust downward pressure). The only way to get it to feed was to back it off, any then I could still only run at 6000sph :roll: .

Lifted by CRDSTU
CDKJ