It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hilux Search
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:39 pm 
LOST Addict

Chris, do you want us (as a group) to keep an eye out for that old Hilux (business vehicle) you talked about the other night. If you spec out what you're looking for there are many eye here that might find one for you.

Post subject: Re: Hilux Search
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:01 pm 
LOST Addict

Glend wrote:
Chris, do you want us (as a group) to keep an eye out for that old Hilux (business vehicle) you talked about the other night. If you spec out what you're looking for there are many eye here that might find one for you.

Good idea mate, I like your thinking.

Lifted by CRDSTU
265/70/16 STT's on 16x8 Chrome Soft 8's
CDKJ

Post subject: Re: Paper
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:34 pm 
LOST Addict

CD wrote:
cmohr wrote:

I ran a job last night on Express Offset, up until now I've been using Opal offset but with the price increase I opted for the cheaper stock. Well what a nightmare, I had so much trouble feeding it. Main problem was the stock buckling when hitting the grippers that take it from the feeder board into the 1st unit. I had a look for some sort of adjustment that could perhaps slow down the feeder board but no luck. I did find an adjustment that flicks the stock into the grippers (spinning bar that you can adjust downward pressure). The only way to get it to feed was to back it off, any then I could still only run at 6000sph :roll: .

Any ideas Cmohr?

Lifted by CRDSTU
CDKJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:54 pm 
LOST Addict

Sounds like a grain direction problem to be, Did you buy 455x650, that would give you short grain 450x320 and that would give you feeding issues. Need to make sure stock is Long grian at 90gsm that will help the feed issues. But IPS that will usually be long grain so as when yopu cut 4 out 450x320 you get long grain.

The infeed rollers can be changed to suit different weight stocks, and should be changed for different weight stocks. At the buckle, usually a good starting point to set the roller is to turn the machine over by hand and watch the buckle roller to see when it "JUST" starts to turn. 9Good tip is to mark one of the outer wheels with a pen so as you can see the rotation) before the wheel starts to turn put the mark at the top so a s you can see when it starts to turn, ( I also lightly hold my finger on the wheel so as I can feel the contact and the movement. Now, turn the wheel slowly and watch for your mark to come back around, Setting should be 1and 1/8 of a turn, the roller should lift off after that. Thats a good starting point for the buckle. From there, lighter stocks "may" required slightly more so go 1&1/4 to 1&3/8 turns, you may sometimes have to go 1&1/2, but then you risk overshooting the grippers on the impression cylinder. For card, less rotation is needed, drop back to 1 turn or 1/8 less than a turn. Any more that that, and I would be looking at feeder issuses and timing issues for paper jams, also, make sure the impression cylinder grippers are opening and closing freely, a jammed gripper will give you all the same symtoms as buckle roller, so you go looking for the wrong thing, you think the paper is overshooting the grippers or not going in far enough, so you keep adjusting the buckle roller pressure, but, it turns out its just the grippers not actually closing on the paper...

So many traps for young players in this printing game.

I'm Toight... Toight lik a Toiger.

And

When I go to the Toilet, Chuck Norris is there to tear the squares off for me.

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:34 pm 
LOST Addict

THKS mate, ran like a dream after adjusting the infeed roller ..... but no luck backing up the job I did on Wed night. The paper is a 450x320 not a 320x450 and no matter what I do I can't get it to print. I can run the stock with no impression at 7000sph no prob but as soon as I put the full solid on the 1t unit it's all over red rover. I then changed the stock to some 110gsm bond that I had on the floor which ran without any issues (2 sides).

Lifted by CRDSTU
CDKJ