It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HO2 sensors
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:18 pm 
LOST Member

I got codes P0138 and P0152 codes up ATM which is exhaust HO2 sensor bank 1 sensor 2 high voltage and bank 2 sensor 1 high voltage, my question is which is bank 1, left or right bank? At the stealership there is two different part numbers for front and rear sensors, front are $117 and the rear are $170, anyone know if they are different sensors or is it just the wireing that is different. They are both 4 wire sensors and was wondering if the generic ones will do the job?
Any ideas appreciated.
RandI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:05 pm 
LOST Addict

Yes, two different sensors Rosco. The venting on each sensor is different, upstream sensor has a heap of vents , the downstream has less vents. I think from memory the plugs are the same. I think the P0138 is the left side upstream sensor.

Problem is this is exactly the same as mine, same codes, replaced the sensors, still got the high voltage overheat codes and Jeep cant fix it, they seem to think its the PCM...They had a few earlier this year where that was the problem. Mine has been out for 6mths and they still dont know what it is. Or they want 1000 odd dollars for a new PCM. All sounds like sheyte to me, Nothing on these Jeeps seems to be designed or manufactured to last more that the warrenty period. 3 yrs.

I'm Toight... Toight lik a Toiger.

And

When I go to the Toilet, Chuck Norris is there to tear the squares off for me.

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:29 pm 
LOST Member

Location: Australia - Bris during the week and the Condamine at the weekend
P0138 is after cat sensor on bank 1 as you say - Bank 1 is drivers side on US models, passenger side on ours.

When mine went I looked at after market and generic and the problem was the connector. There are posts here about what you need to do to cut the stock connectors off etc but it just seemed like a recipe for more problems so I coughed up the $$. All been good since.

And yep - 1 week after warrenty was out. :evil: