How many here from NZ?? :pepper:

DO we need an NZ thread?? :goink:

I'll be first:

Lake Tekapo

02 model Cherokee Ltd 3.7V6. Ex Japan. Bought at 42000km in Jan '09. :JEEPIN:

Post subject: Re: Jeeps in New Zealand
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:26 pm 
LOST Addict

Need pics and details of ur rig... BTW welcome aboard LOST DOWNUNDER :)

Mopar Skid Plates,dual battery system,Tubular Jeep s/steps,
2.5" Lift OME Shocks & King Springs,AirFlow Snorkel
Long Range fuel Tank 115 Ltre,Drawer Unit
Rola:Roof Rails,Basket,Shovel Holders & Luggage Boot
Desert Edge Off Road Camper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:02 am 
LOST Newbie

Ok,

Well, here I am trying to put a snap up and I'm having trouble working out how to do it!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:24 am 
LOST Addict

Easy way is to stick it on Photobucket or some similiar online photo hosting service (free at Photobucket). Then you simply upload your photo to the Photobucket, and copy the IMG location and paste it into your posting hear.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:13 am 
LOST Newbie

8) don't see many posts from enzed, so this kind of confirms that the average KJ owner is not really into that serious stuff, I guess!

We don't even have our Cherokee yet, nor are we back home until December at the earliest (both retire - whoo-hoo), but L.O.S.T seems to be the best place online to hang out and pick up all the info we need to decide which spec we buy (well, had already pretty much made that decision, but at least we'll know what possible mechanical defects to look for and what reworks and upgrades should have been done).

I've been living in Italy since 2000, so the CRD is the natural choice after having driven a number of modern turbodiesels and gotten used to the low/mid range torque plus outstanding fuel economy. From what I've read, the 2.8 CRD matches pretty well with the auto trans, both for on and offroad, so we are looking for a 2006 Sport ex UK with around 40,000 miles, preferably red as we both like bright colours, which we'll buy in July or August.

Plan to do a 2.5" lift plus the Renegade roof lights, maybe a Xenon headlight conversion, but the focus will be on the 'trail-rating' so we can become accepted members of the Canterbury Jeep Club.

Currently driving an Alfa MiTo Sport and a Fiat Panda Cross 4x4 (we both work for CNH - the ag equipment part of Fiat Group; CIH & New Holland tractors etc) :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:25 pm 
LOST Addict

Welcome ferraricheals.

Plenty to read on LOST about KJ CRDs, and closer to home on Australian Jeep Offroad (aka AJOR) which has a dedicated KJ Forum). I gether from your post that you are looking to buy you KJ CRD in the UK, is this correct?

If buying in the UK I would suggest waiting to lift it until you get back home as Australia has some very well developed lift kits for the KJ (and the diesel will need a slightly stiffer spring upfront due to the weight difference).

Here is a link to the AJOR forum index, just click on the words 'register now' in the logon box.

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/vbindex.php

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:23 am 
LOST Newbie

Glend wrote:
Welcome ferraricheals.

Plenty to read on LOST about KJ CRDs, and closer to home on Australian Jeep Offroad (aka AJOR) which has a dedicated KJ Forum). I gether from your post that you are looking to buy you KJ CRD in the UK, is this correct?

If buying in the UK I would suggest waiting to lift it until you get back home as Australia has some very well developed lift kits for the KJ (and the diesel will need a slightly stiffer spring upfront due to the weight difference).

Here is a link to the AJOR forum index, just click on the words 'register now' in the logon box.

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/vbindex.php

Hey Glend, thanks for the info - Yes, the plan is to buy in the UK as we should be able to ship it back, have it VINned etc and still be around 20% under the cost of buying one locally - that's if we could find a CRD for sale in NZ, as the majority there are V6's - in fact we won't be doing any mods until the KJ is back in NZ, and from my reading of various posts on LOST it seems that OME is pretty hard to beat, so that is where I was going to start looking.

I already belong to the AJOR forum as well, nothing like planning well ahead, that's my philosophy!!

Anyway, I really appreciate your comments and it is clear from the forums that there is a strong following for the KJ. We are both looking forward to being part of it!!

Ciao, Richard :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:53 pm 
LOST Newbie

8) Today we paid the deposit on our very own Inferno Red 2007 Sport CRD auto, 27,000 miles, one owner and looks as though it's never been off sealed roads!! As soon as I can work out how to post/insert images I'll put one up.

The KJ is in Belfast, Northern Ireland, so it will be at least a couple of weeks before we can organise to pick it up - the dealer will ship it to a friends near London and we will drive it back to Italy from there.

We decided better to go for this Cherokee, it's the color we were looking for and low miles, very straight, so is the perfect starting point for a L.O.S.T. unit destined to operate Downunder. :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

HI from NZ!! :pepper:

Well, see if you can get all the paperwork including a 'statement of compliance' - basicly a sheet issued and signed by a service manager of a Jeep dealer stating the compliance of the engine for emissions etc. Must have the VIN number on it. Without it your car is scrap or will have to be exported again. :furious: You can get them here but they tend to b expensive. Land Rover charge NZ$700 for the A4 sheet!! :dizzy: The only way around this is if you own and use it for more than 90 days and apply to bring it in as 'baggage'. Get it well steam cleaned and well vacuumed before it is shipped.

My :2cents: worth of info.

Oliver

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:28 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi :BANANA: from Christchurch NZ.
Have brought my Jeep from UK when we moved here in November still not car sorted for vin as it was lost in some container and now have to get some work done. I fitted lift in the Uk and most of the kit is OME rides well with good travel will put some pics up soon.
Ray

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

Howdy and welcome!!

Is your Jeep still registered in the UK or do you have the UK plates? Shouldn't be too hard to get the reg info. You will probably need a 'Statement of Compliance' to get it thru compliance. Is it diesel or petrol?

Oliver :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:18 am 
LOST Newbie

Its here in NZ now but failed vin on some silly bits :banghead: wobbly mirror got bashed on container, front tyres rubbing front bumper This is being replaced by an Arb bumper so just adjusted it with self tapper screws, I had wheel spacers to clear callipers on front as I am running 15inch rims with 31,10,50.15 tyres, I ground down calliper a bit now wheels ok :twisted: as its a UK car got a couple minor rust bubbles to sort out on radiator hanger and tank straps. Its lifted and is set up ready for winch and the haevy bumper, then I will do the exhaust. :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:03 am 
LOST Addict

Hi Guys
Good to hear from KJer's across the puddle :pepper:

Mopar Skid Plates,dual battery system,Tubular Jeep s/steps,
2.5" Lift OME Shocks & King Springs,AirFlow Snorkel
Long Range fuel Tank 115 Ltre,Drawer Unit
Rola:Roof Rails,Basket,Shovel Holders & Luggage Boot
Desert Edge Off Road Camper

Last edited by Team J.a.G on Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:32 am 
LOST Newbie

I am trying to find out who does under body protection over here or in Aus, as my KJ has none and its all rocks around here. shipping from USA will be loads of dosh. :cry: :furious:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:11 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi, 8)

Check out the wreckers here in CHCH. These guys http://www.hitechautoparts.co.nz/ have Jeep bits.

Have fun. :BANANA:

Is yours Diesel or petrol? :-)r

Oliver :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

Its a good ol oil burner, who can afford a 3.7 with fuel going up as you fill the tank :evil: The 2.8 is good mtr and has enough grunt, and with the exhause sorted will be even better. i have not had the chance to use it on any tough ground justsome mud but I think it will do me ok. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:00 am 
LOST Addict

Gday matey,

for Zorst options for the CRD have a squizz here.

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/sho ... hp?t=91907

For skids Jeep did produce a good set of 4 plates, not sure where you may get them there tho.

You can also get them from the US from JeepinbyAl.com.

Maybe just go to a 4x4 shop and see if they can fab some up???

I'm Toight... Toight lik a Toiger.

And

When I go to the Toilet, Chuck Norris is there to tear the squares off for me.

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:39 am 
LOST Newbie

Thank you for the links guys it was a great bit about the exhaust, and the breakers I will call in and see what they have in way of bash plates. :D

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:11 am 
LOST Newbie

:banghead: Today the car went back to have the work done for the VIN, every time I did something that was on the list I was being told by another tester it was not needed sigh so I given up my bank account for ghost and just gave it to a station and said doit :juggle: sort of stuck between rock and hard place. Ordered my ARB bumper as well.Was looking at the arb diff covers are they worth it?????????? :?:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:08 pm 
LOST Junkie

Location: Somewhere in Australia - or not, as the case may be.
dmuddyboots wrote:
Was looking at the arb diff covers are they worth it?????????? :?:

Yes, but only after you've got the rest of the bash plates.