It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: The Belafonte, ....Building a better CRD Version Pics P4
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:43 am 
LOST Addict

The Belafonte.

In this thread we can all follow the Build of "The Belafonte II" .

Starting from Scratch, we have a 2002 CRD Sport. White, base model, stock standard, with a nudge bar. I'll be moving most of the Mods from the old V6 Auto to the CRD.

First thing is the interior, the CRD came with clean good condition seats and trims, but, the nice stuff from my auto was one of the reasons I loved it so much. So the door trims with leather rather than cloth have been switched over, as too the seats, with leather trim and "JEEP" embroided logos have been changed. Makes quite a difference looking inside the CRD, much more upmarket feel. I'll be installing UHF and duel battery system along with extra switches for spotlights and power outlets soon. UHF aerial will have to wait until the bullbar goes on, as too the spotlights, but, I'll have everything wired up ready to go.

As soon as I can I'll change out the suspension and the upper control arms (I'll definately want the Als A-arms on the CRD and be swapping over the bullbar/bumper bar. I'll switch flares so as I dont have to cut the CRD ones, that will give me a standard set to go back on the V6 so I can sell it. To match in, I'll swap over the rear bumpers as well. That way the CRD will have the Grey Bullbar and matching colour coded rear Bumper, the flares off the V6 (currently light kaiki) but painted white to match the CRD, with Grey rockrails, black snorkel, and black roofrack. One other thing I'll swap is the rear tyre surround, as I had to cut the holes as big long slots to be able to fit in the 31/10.5/15s, once again, that will give me a stock unblemished holder for the V6. The V6 will then have all the standard black plastic bumpers and flares.

Big moves are going to be diffs. I have 4.10's in the CRD already as its a manual. But, I also have 4.10's and DTT's in the V6, I'll want those DTT's, so easiest thing is to completely swap out the front diff complete. I can do that myself. (I'll just need a few extra willing hands to help ) the rear however will need to be a disassemble, I did look into the possiblity of swapping the entire rear, but its not possible, so I'll have the rears swapped over.

I've also thought about the snorkel as a swap, but, to have the hole fixed on the V6 is more expensive that getting an entire new snorkel for the CRD, so it 's going to stay on the V6.

So thats the basic plan, I'll be attemping before and after photos along the way so theres a record of the transformation. Theres hopfully a few extras that wil go in, but, I'll leave them for when they happens..

Wish me luck lads..... I'm going in....

I'm Toight... Toight lik a Toiger.

And

When I go to the Toilet, Chuck Norris is there to tear the squares off for me.

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"

Last edited by cmohr on Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: The Belafonte, ....Building a better CRD
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:13 am 
LOST Addict

cmohr wrote:
The Belafonte.

In this thread we can all follow the Build of "The Belafonte II" .

Starting from Scratch, we have a 2002 CRD Sport. White, base model, stock standard, with a nudge bar. I'll be moving most of the Mods from the old V6 Auto to the CRD.

First thing is the interior, the CRD came with clean good condition seats and trims, but, the nice stuff from my auto was one of the reasons I loved it so much. So the door trims with leather rather than cloth have been switched over, as too the seats, with leather trim and "JEEP" embroided logos have been changed. Makes quite a difference looking inside the CRD, much more upmarket feel. I'll be installing UHF and duel battery system along with extra switches for spotlights and power outlets soon. UHF aerial will have to wait until the bullbar goes on, as too the spotlights, but, I'll have everything wired up ready to go.

As soon as I can I'll change out the suspension and the upper control arms (I'll definately want the Als A-arms on the CRD and be swapping over the bullbar/bumper bar. I'll switch flares so as I dont have to cut the CRD ones, that will give me a standard set to go back on the V6 so I can sell it. To match in, I'll swap over the rear bumpers as well. That way the CRD will have the Grey Bullbar and matching colour coded rear Bumper, the flares off the V6 (currently light kaiki) but painted white to match the CRD, with Grey rockrails, black snorkel, and black roofrack. One other thing I'll swap is the rear tyre surround, as I had to cut the holes as big long slots to be able to fit in the 31/10.5/15s, once again, that will give me a stock unblemished holder for the V6. The V6 will then have all the standard black plastic bumpers and flares.

Big moves are going to be diffs. I have 4.10's in the CRD already as its a manual. But, I also have 4.10's and DTT's in the V6, I'll want those DTT's, so easiest thing is to completely swap out the front diff complete. I can do that myself. (I'll just need a few extra willing hands to help ) the rear however will need to be a disassemble, I did look into the possiblity of swapping the entire rear, but its not possible, so I'll have the rears swapped over.

I've also thought about the snorkel as a swap, but, to have the hole fixed on the V6 is more expensive that getting an entire new snorkel for the CRD, so it 's going to stay on the V6.

So thats the basic plan, I'll be attemping before and after photos along the way so theres a record of the transformation. Theres hopfully a few extras that wil go in, but, I'll leave them for when they happens..

Wish me luck lads..... I'm going in....

We are all waiting with baited breathe and everything crossed :juggle: :5SHOTS: ........I'm sure that "all will be well on the other side" :SOMBRERO: ...........remember..Just holla when you need a helping hand :seuss:

Mopar Skid Plates,dual battery system,Tubular Jeep s/steps,
2.5" Lift OME Shocks & King Springs,AirFlow Snorkel
Long Range fuel Tank 115 Ltre,Drawer Unit
Rola:Roof Rails,Basket,Shovel Holders & Luggage Boot
Desert Edge Off Road Camper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:23 am 
LOST Addict

Call Chris Foose from Overhaulin! Geez you do it right don't you. How about getting Jeep Action to cover it in a story. They're always going on about FSJs and CJs and the like, why not a KJ makeover. Charge up the camera! :frankie:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:24 am 
LOST Addict

Thanks Grego... We'll have to catch up aboot those extra gears I'll have.. :shock:

And

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:42 am 
LOST Addict

Glend wrote:
Call Chris Foose from Overhaulin! Geez you do it right don't you. How about getting Jeep Action to cover it in a story. They're always going on about FSJs and CJs and the like, why not a KJ makeover. Charge up the camera! :frankie:

Might do....... Might dooooo.

And

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:18 pm 
LOST Junkie

Location: Somewhere in Australia - or not, as the case may be.
Are you having a "Belafonte" day this weekend, Chris? I'm free if you need a hand - even if it's only to hand you regular cold beers!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:01 pm 
LOST Addict

pipeliner wrote:
Are you having a "Belafonte" day this weekend, Chris? I'm free if you need a hand - even if it's only to hand you regular cold beers!

Not sure yet Chris, Both are at Jeep today, the old one to hopefully get the engine check light cleared, and for them to switch over the steering wheels, as I want the leather one in the CRD. Plus, to do a basic check of the CRD, I did notice yesterday a small amount of oil coming from the transfer case, so I want them to check that, so I have a report to go back to the dealer so as they can fix that under warrenty. Plus, checking if they can actually switch transfer cases between vehicles, as I really want the fulltime 4Hi option for driving distances in 4Hi.

Stiil in planning stages as well, might just be electrics and so on this weekend.

And

Post subject: Re: The Belafonte, ....Building a better CRD Version
PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:20 am 
LOST Junkie

Location: Wherever offensive avatars are found!! - Well, Brisvegas mostly...
OOOHHH goodie, can't wait for this thread to get seriously started8) 8)
I've resigned my job to work for myself now, so I'm free to give you a hand if you need it mate.

GLEND Storage Unit #1
Alloys, Receiver Hitch & Treg Hitch
TJM Prototype Nudge Bar,
30L Waeco Cooler, Uniden UHF, Garmin GPS
Optima Yellow Top, 6Stacker, Night Stalker Spotties
Airflow Snorkel, 3 LOST Stickers
The Lil' HEEP
Waltzing my Matilda all over...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:55 am 
LOST Addict

mikey wrote:

I've resigned my job to work for myself now....

Way to go Mikey! What's your new venture? :BANANA:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:08 am 
LOST Junkie

Location: Wherever offensive avatars are found!! - Well, Brisvegas mostly...
Thanks Glen,
Same stuff, director, photographer and cinematographer, but instead of being linked to one studio, I'm now free to work for anyone :pepper:

GLEND Storage Unit #1
Alloys, Receiver Hitch & Treg Hitch
TJM Prototype Nudge Bar,
30L Waeco Cooler, Uniden UHF, Garmin GPS
Optima Yellow Top, 6Stacker, Night Stalker Spotties
Airflow Snorkel, 3 LOST Stickers
The Lil' HEEP
Waltzing my Matilda all over...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:50 am 
LOST Newbie

I'm available most weekends when you are ready, jyst yell. :rockon: :rockon:

White '07 KJ 3.7l
2" ARB lift

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:57 pm 
LOST Addict

OooArrrr.... Thanks be me hearties... I'll be needing all ye pieces of eight soon...

And

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:04 pm 
LOST Addict

Argh! Must have pics Chris. How about a Utube documentary of the changeover? :D

Thou shall be called 'Mod Man'.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:09 am 
LOST Addict

Hahaha.

I'll get a piccy of them together , you should see how Massive the B1 looks beside B2..

and then progressive pics as one grows and the other shrinks..

And

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:51 am 
LOST Member

Pity you are so far away Cmohr as I have a new toy at my disposal that could help to make room for 32's

nothing like taking a grinder and welder to your new KJ.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:41 am 
LOST Addict

OOOOOOooooo,,, Makes my little inverter look a little pisspoor......

I was actually thinking 32"s......... :juggle:

And

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:21 am 
LOST Member

Location: Australia - Bris during the week and the Condamine at the weekend
envelope+push= :banghead: :furious: plus lots of :google: a little :5SHOTS: and not much :CAMPING:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:50 am 
LOST Addict

This little CRD is amazing!!! Just turned 500km on 3/4 tank, and its only a 68lt tank, not the 77 lt. And power out the wazzoo. I'll stick with the 31's for as they are a good size. Guys at Albion say it doesnt have 4;10 gear, which I was lead to believe, I'll check that out this weekend, I have no doubt about the turnning the 31's with ethe 4;10s in there if it pulling this hard with 3;73's , but as I said, I'll double check that tommorrow. I truely wish I had test driven a CRD at purchase time, I did mention manuals, and the CRD, but I did go in asking about the V6, and to an extent, looking back, was almost discoraged by the sales guy. I think they know the CRDs will sell themselves, so any time they can sell a petrol, they make absolutely sure they do. Having said that, I did ask for a petrol, and my knowledge of diesels was limited to OLD ones, not CRDs.

I didn't get the old B1 back from jeep today as planned so I wont be able to do anything this weekend. They say the engine light that I have on and codes, which point to the left bank heaters circuit for the O2 sensors, is not the sensors or wiring, but, a problem with the PCM. A problem thay have come up against before, and a problem that can only be fixed by replacing the PCM.......$3000.00 ..

Whats a man to do....

And

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:44 pm 
LOST Addict

Find a second hand one at a wreckers, that's plain robbery.
This maybe the wrong one for your V6 but have alook around your bound to find one at lower cost:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &viewitem=

If you can't replace it at a low cost it is senseless to pay that much to get a light to go out. I'd sell it as is and just reduce your asking price alittle to compensate the buyer. Otherwise pouring good money abfter bad.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:26 pm 
LOST Addict

I asked if I could use a 2nd handy, but, they said it must be programmed to the VIN, and that they could not do that.... which I find strange as they would have to program a new one to the VIN, so why can they not program an old one?????

I have to fix this engine light... Would you buy a car with an engine light and fault codes???? I know I wouldn't. Plus I want to sell it as a reliable car, I've always said there was something with it, one day good the next bad, It could have been this faulty PCM all the time, I know I'll be pissed if putting a new one in fixes all its little querks....

And

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next