It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Irresponsible Idiots paint my car for me!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:52 am 
LOST Addict

I was driving to Strathfield station this evening to pick up my daughter. Some idiot tradesman had dropped two large tins of paint right in the road. He (or someone) picked up the tins but the wet paint pools were left there. I didn't see it till the car in front of me braked and swerved to avoid it. Despite swerving I ran right through one of the puddles on the passenger side. Car after car behind me also ran through this mess. Paint carried down the road for at least 50 metres. I had managed to scrub off alot of speed so I was hoping it was nothing to worry about until my daughter asked me about all the paint on the wheels.

When I got back home I had a look at the damage. Driver side only had a few spots but the passenger side was a total mess. I have just spent the last hour with the pressure washer and rags trying to get rid of this 'gift'. Lucky for me (and the others - assuming they noticed or care) it was water based. It was all over the inside of the wheel wells including the painted guard edges, down inside the tyre tread, covered the splash guards, under the side sill, etc. Arghh I wish I had the rego number of that idiot.

I know this would not bother alot of people, (you know it will wear off out in the desert) but I'm an obsessive compulsive when it comes to my KJ.

As Khamal would say "Why are people so unkind?" :banghead:

Post subject: Re: Irresponsible Idiots paint my car for me!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:57 am 
LOST Addict

What a pain in the butt because some one couldn't take the time to secure their load....

Jet Stage 2 - RL Gecko Basket Rack - Custom Winch Bumper - Recon 10.5K Winch

Post subject: Re: Irresponsible Idiots paint my car for me!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:07 am 
LOST Addict

OH MAN!!!!!, Hope you get it all, It shouldnt really harden if you got to it early with the water, plus last bits should polish off. The stuff on the tyres should just crack and flake off pretty quick with all the flex the tyres have.

I see paint on roads all the time.....

I'm Toight... Toight lik a Toiger.

And

When I go to the Toilet, Chuck Norris is there to tear the squares off for me.

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"