It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sure to Depress - New NCOP Version
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:23 am 
LOST Addict

The Sydney Jeep Club has just put up a link to the new NCOP release (January 2011) with changes to the Suspension section confirming that:

No modification to ESP equipped vehicles is allowed unless a lane change test is undertaken by appropriate authority.

Max lift of 50mm (spring, spacer, tyre size combination must not exceed 50mm). Anything else requires engineering certification.

There are generous provisions for 4WD tyre size increased (50mm) and ability to go up one section height, but you still get trapped by the overall 50mm lift restriction.

Here is the link:

http://www.sydneyjeepclub.com/showthrea ... #post22595

and the direct link to the NCOP location:

http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/ ... _ncop.aspx

As this is to be the national standard we should all have an interest. I honestly can't think of anyone I know that drives a KJ that complies with this document, sing out if you do. Even a 50mm lift and a tyre size change will put you over; heck a 40mm lift and a tyre size change could put you over. Australia wide there are just so many vehicles that are illegal under this NCOP that they are going to have to come up with some sort of compromise or allow adjustment over a number of years, or vehicles modded after certain dates, etc. If you owned a 2002 KJ CRD would you go to the expense to take it backward or just sell it to some unknowing sucker and make it his problem. Enforcement will be a nightmare (hopefully), unless they just refuse inspection clearance and registration without compliance.

My head hurts. Cmohr get Chuck Norris to visit these guys.

Post subject: Re: Sure to Depress - New NCOP Version
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:36 am 
LOST Addict

Arseclowns!!!!!!!! :grim:

I'm Toight... Toight lik a Toiger.

And

When I go to the Toilet, Chuck Norris is there to tear the squares off for me.

"Pass me another one Chuck, and keep em coming!! On sencond thoughts..Go get the hose"