It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JBA Disconnect Lanyard Breaks on the Old Telegraph Track
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:14 pm 
LOST Addict

Folks just wanted to pass on a caution to those running with JBA Swaybar Disconnects. My swaybar lanyard broke on the Old Telegraph Track (luckily it seems to be near the end of the day on a badly corrugated section of the track). I tied the bar up out of the way once I found it. It snapped near the swag at the top end where it connects to the bracket. I noticed today that someone in the LOST CRD section has also advised his lanyard broke - me suspects a quality issue. I think the bar was bouncing up and down and just put too much weight on the lanyard.

The ride with the discos out was great and I can't fault the posts or the discos themselves, just that lanyard. I took the service pack washers off when I got up to Cairns and removed the discos for the OTT and pretty much left them off until returning down the faster Dev Road.

Post subject: JBA Disconnect Lanyard Breaks on the Old Telegraph Track
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:18 pm 
LOST Addict

JBA quality issue? Say it ain't so.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

Post subject: Re: JBA Disconnect Lanyard Breaks on the Old Telegraph Track
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:46 pm 
LOST Member

That's a bit quick to be jumping on JBA for the product issue JL, espically as it is a JKS lanyard.
I would recommend that for hours of corrogations that they are definately a bit light. I would personaly
make my own as there is nothing pre made to take that kind of abuse. 3mm stainless balstrauding
wire with a double crimp might do it but the cape is pretty rough.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:37 pm 
LOST Addict

Right you are mate, I had considered making up a spare before the trip but it didn't get done in my rush to get ready. I didn't realise that Marlin was selling rebranded JKS discos, but they do look the same. I'll make up some when I get home.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:30 am 
LOST Member

Sorry Glen, I meant that his minor parts are from JKS, things like pins and lanyards. JBA makes
the disco it self, I think. As you know I swear by mine, even improved my daily driving.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:00 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

JL Rockies wrote:
JBA quality issue? Say it ain't so.

Your a strange person to figure out JL.

JBA puts out some great products in a timely manner and you trash him all the time, but RL has had peoples money for around 2 years and hardly answers emails, phone call, etc. but yet you stand up for him all the time....

Strange man you are.

L.O.S.T. #DW090501