It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Water water every where
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:49 am 
LOST Newbie

I have done my breathers, now I would like to know what else you need to do to a Kj crd to help it survive in water, snorkel lots of silicone grease over terminalsand :?: any ideas

Post subject: Re: Water water every where
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:34 am 
LOST Addict

Did you do all six breathers?

A snorkel will help alot, but you also need to plug the drain holes in the bottom of the airbox - a bit of blue tack is good for that and can be removed when not required.

If you do install a snorkel make sure it is done correctly and the joint between the snorkel body and the tube are sealed, as well as the tube to airbox joint. Sikalfex 227 is a good choice for that.

There are also issues with disabling the viscous fan so that it doesn't act as a propeller and dig into the radiator. Some people drill a hole in a single blade of the fan to allow it to be tied off. There should be a post here or on AJOR about that.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

Wow is that fan that bad :idea: time for an electric one me thinks then. 6 breathers 2 axles gearbox transfer :?:

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 6:51 pm 
LOST Addict

On the CRD (at least on my 2007) there are six: front diff, auto transmission, transfer case, rear diff, and two on the fuel tank (one is in the fuel filler neck and the other is exposed on top of the fuel tank (left side and you can reach up to it from behind the rear bumper if you don't have a tow bar, if you have a tow bar you have to lower it slightly to get to the breather). Do a search on AJOR and you should find my post on extending KJ breathers.
Cheers