It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Next KJ Gathering(s)
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:03 pm 
LOST Addict

Folks I am starting this thread up for the planning of the next KJ Gathering. At Kunderang there was some discussion of making it an annual event, and also the possibility of some more 'local or state based' events.

For the NSW folk I am thinking of a Spring camping (4x4) weekend. I think that there might be a QLD one in the works as well.

What are your thoughts?

Post subject: Re: Next KJ Gathering(s)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:56 am 
LOST Member

Hi all,
Gi frog and Kj reporting for spring camp :CAMPING: :JEEPIN: :ROTFL: :ROTFL:

cheers James
gi frog

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:27 am 
LOST Addict

There was talk about re-visiting "Deep water NP" (Nth of Bunderburg/Sth of 1770). I think it was suggested the w/e of Nov.5-6th. As this is a book camp site only and only 10 site(?) available in total, we need to make a decision asap to be sure to get in.

The last time we were there it was the Australia Day week-end....... hot, humid and showers. The beach itself is over the sand dune from the camp site with a surf that has a few cross currents, however we found this delightful rock pool where the waves would wash in and out with the tide making a great place to be safe while blobbing about. :SOMBRERO:

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc33 ... =slideshow

Mopar Skid Plates,dual battery system,Tubular Jeep s/steps,
2.5" Lift OME Shocks & King Springs,AirFlow Snorkel
Long Range fuel Tank 115 Ltre,Drawer Unit
Rola:Roof Rails,Basket,Shovel Holders & Luggage Boot
Desert Edge Off Road Camper

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:33 am 
LOST Junkie

Location: Somewhere in Australia - or not, as the case may be.
Just been on to the DERM website and it indicates that Wreck Rocks campsites (all of them) are booked out all through October to December. So Deepwater would seem to be out.

Will give DERM a call next week to ensure that it isn't just a website problem.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:25 pm 
LOST Member

I have just had a look here, https://www.epa.qld.gov.au/parks/iapark ... AGDS050.do
and it is showing all 14 sites still available for the 4/7 11/11 ????? Later in November right through till Xmas is mostly booked out, though some still available.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:14 pm 
LOST Junkie

G'ME MUD wrote:
I have just had a look here, https://www.epa.qld.gov.au/parks/iapark ... AGDS050.do
and it is showing all 14 sites still available for the 4/7 11/11 ????? Later in November right through till Xmas is mostly booked out, though some still available.

They all show up green (unavailable) for me Ross. We'll phone up to check.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:34 pm 
LOST Member

Last edited by G'ME MUD on Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:35 pm 
LOST Member

Don't know what that is but nothing like I cut and pasted.
How do you delete a message? I went to edit and deleted it and it tells me there is too few characters.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:28 am 
LOST Newbie

we could be tempted into this if we know where soon as we need to work out money and time

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:34 am 
LOST Junkie

Sites are available that weekend (nights of 4-6 Nov): we will book 7 sites tonight. Planning these for

Pipeliners
Muds
JaGs
2Jeeps
Cmohr (we hope!)
Nobster?
Silverkee?

Wreck Rock campsite has individual sites and up to 8 people can be on each site. From our previous visit there is plenty of room for a tent and a camper trailer/caravan on each site so please let us know what you will be travelling with/sleeping in.

Cost is about $10 per person per night.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:20 am 
LOST Member

Count us in for 2 1/2 with a spot for a camper trailer. I had better come to this as I have the least distance to drive.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:42 am 
LOST Junkie

For some strange reason Gme Mud can see the availability on the website when I can't, and neither can the girl on the phone at DERM - so Mud is booking the sites for us tonight. Thanks RandI! He's booking the cluster of 6 sites around the walk to the beach.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:44 am 
LOST Junkie

2JeepFamily wrote:
Count us in for 2 1/2 with a spot for a camper trailer. I had better come to this as I have the least distance to drive.

We always had you and Sue down on the list - you are founder members, after all!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:48 am 
LOST Member

Sites 3 to 8 (inclusive) have been booked and paid for the 4,5,6/11/11. Cost total of $31.80 per site for 2 people for 3 nights.
Pipes, when I went to do it for 12 people it came up all green as you said, tried 6 people and was all good but it would not let me book more than one site for some reason :banghead: so I had to go through and book each site individually for 2 people, but it is done now, all's sweet.
Regards RandI
:CAMPING: :rockon: :5SHOTS: :BANANA:
There is still plenty more sites available if the need arises.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:11 am 
LOST Addict

I will see what I can do about getting there, but can't be sure about this one. My son is now heading up to the Gulf (NT side) in late September so this is pushing my trip to Dysart back - which may be a good thing. I need to get the details on when he is returning. I also need to rebuild the camper suspension before I go to Dysart. Given that it's a national park I would have to leave the dog at his place. If necessary I could leave the camper in Dysart and just tent it at Wreck Rock. As you can see, a lot of what ifs there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:58 pm 
LOST Junkie

G'ME MUD wrote:
Sites 3 to 8 (inclusive) have been booked and paid for the 4,5,6/11/11. Cost total of $31.80 per site for 2 people for 3 nights.
Pipes, when I went to do it for 12 people it came up all green as you said, tried 6 people and was all good but it would not let me book more than one site for some reason :banghead: so I had to go through and book each site individually for 2 people, but it is done now, all's sweet.
Regards RandI
:CAMPING: :rockon: :5SHOTS: :BANANA:
There is still plenty more sites available if the need arises.

Thanks for doing that Ross - if I'd known how much work was involved I would have thought twice before asking you to do it!

Apparently each site is restricted to a maximum of 8 people, which must be why it shows all the sites as unavailable if you put in more than 8.

See you all there!

Definite starters:

Pipes
RandI
JaG
2Jeeps

Anyone else definitely coming, sign in please. When the 6 booked sites are all taken with campers/caravans there is still room for a tent to share, but that means that Ross would have to change the booking to account for the extra bodies, so try booking your own sites first.

Post subject: Re: Next KJ Gathering(s) - NSW & ACT
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:50 am 
LOST Addict

Talking to another KJ owner tonight, we are kicking around the idea of trying to get a NSW and ACT (and anyone else that want to come) KJ Gathering organised for later in the spring (later than the Deepwater trip discussed above). The Bendethera Valley campground in the Deua National Park west of Moruya might be a good spot. This would be fairly close for the Canberra guys. For photos of the area just type "bendethera valley campground" into Google Images. I am informed that the access track takes about 4 hours to get into the valley and its very steep with lots of climbs and descents. It's campertrailer accessable (unless it rains). If this idea gets off the ground I wll move it to a separate thread so as it doesn't interfere with the planning for the Deepwater Gathering.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:51 pm 
LOST Member

Hi all,
Sounds good to me Glen count me in.
James
gi frog

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:13 am 
LOST Member

Man i'm definitely going to this one

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:21 am 
LOST Newbie

If its not on the last weekend I'm in. I've booked a weekend's diving in Jervis Bay that weekend.