It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: KJ Spring Get Together
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:41 pm 
LOST Addict

Folks, I am attemtping to kick off another KJ Get Together, hopefully for the springtime when the weather has improved enough to make camping enjoyable again.

I have launched a thread on AJOR in order to get a wider KJ owner audience as well. The link is here:

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/sho ... ost1299419

The AJOR post is as follows:

"The time has come to think about a KJ Spring Get Together. The event would be a camping/caravaning weekend at a venue that has enough facilities to provide some comforts (like toilets) but still remote enough to provide clear night skys and fresh air with a chance to do some offroading if people are so inclined.

There have been a few of these events in the past, and I thought I'd get the ball rolling on setting up another one for this coming spring.

We had one up at West Kunderang (near Armidale) which was handy for the SEQLD people, and there has been one held at Upper Colo near Sydney.

This is not intended to be an alternative to the Jeep Jamboree for people planning to go to that event, but a much smaller, less organised, low cost, weekend for KJ people.

Post up if your interested, and offer site suggestions if you have them. I'll mention this over on LOST as well."

Cheers

Post subject: KJ Spring Get Together
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:41 am 
LOST Junkie

Location: Somewhere in Australia - or not, as the case may be.
Sept-Oct back at West Kunderang sounds good to us - maybe we'll be able to get across the river this time!

Post subject: Re: KJ Spring Get Together
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:14 pm 
LOST Member

Count us out as we will be going to jambo and taking a few weeks to do it taking the big 'van for a spin.
Regards Ross and Imelda.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:35 am 
LOST Newbie

I am in for a bush trip. Dalmorton is bout 4 and half hours from the gold coast, not sure if thats too far for anyone from sydney or newcastle area though. The spot i know has a nice fresh water river and pit toilets, with nice spots to throw up a tent or park a camper trailer. Another spot i just went too last month is giraween ( Castle Rock and Bald Rock Creek camping areas) , its about 20k's north of tenterfield on the new england hwy. very nice camping area, even had hot showers and normal dunny's. Its again about 4 and half hours from the goldy , but i am prepared to go a little it further. Lets see what we can come up with.

:CAMPING:

Who's shout is it ?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:37 am 
LOST Member

West Kunderang sound good to me.
How is everybody?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:21 am 
LOST Addict

Bumping this back up folks. There have been a few nominations:

West Kunderang
Dalmorton
Giraween (although maybe too far for people in Sydney and south of there to do in one day).

What weekend best suits, maybe we're talking about October at this point?

Must be pet friendly please.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:26 am 
LOST Newbie

How far is West Kunderang from the Gold Coast ? Never been there for a :CAMPING: / :JEEPIN: trip. Any ideas for a date ?

Steve

Who's shout is it ?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:12 am 
LOST Addict

I think it was a half day drive. We all met up around noon at the turn off to West Kunderang (east of Armidale).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:43 am 
LOST Member

I'll keep an eye on this to see where you's decide on as we will be on our way home from Lithgow early October. West Kunderang will be in the too hard basket though with the big van on.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:10 pm 
LOST Addict

Another bump to get this going for October. Gmemud is heading back from Jambo next week (it finishes up on Sunday).

NSW School holidays finishes up at the end of next week as well (the 7th actually).

Don't know exactly how fast Ross is coming back or which way he's planning on going, but maybe we will find out here.

If we don't get off our backsides and do something it will just go by again.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:48 am 
LOST Addict

Just to repeat what posted on AJOR.
I recently registered my EOI for participation in a clean up program on Morton Island QLD. The event is being held on the 10th November and sponsored by P7Offroad training.

For those interested check-out the link below as this could be combined with our get-together.

http://www.mr4x4.com.au/index.php/compo ... v?Itemid=0

Mopar Skid Plates,dual battery system,Tubular Jeep s/steps,
2.5" Lift OME Shocks & King Springs,AirFlow Snorkel
Long Range fuel Tank 115 Ltre,Drawer Unit
Rola:Roof Rails,Basket,Shovel Holders & Luggage Boot
Desert Edge Off Road Camper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:32 am 
LOST Addict

For those who have been following this thread here is an update. I have tried (mostly on AJOR) to setup something, and a day trip seemed to be the best chance of getting new people involved. I recently did a recon of the day trip route (which was one used during the 2008 Jeep Jamboree) - over the Watagan Mtns from Morisset to the Wollombi pub for a nice pub lunch then back via a different track. It's all dirt to Wollombi and 4WD would be needed. Expressions of interest came from gi-frog, jenko, and a couple of the 'maybe' AJOR users. The trip is set up for the 4th of November because that suited the gi-frogs best. Jenko has dropped out due to work commitments in Orange. None of the AJOR 'maybe's' have turned into certains. I am still waiting on confirmation from gi-frog (he had to arrange a shift swap to clear that date), so I am not certain of anything happening at all.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:52 am 
LOST Addict

Glend wrote:
For those who have been following this thread here is an update. I have tried (mostly on AJOR) to setup something, and a day trip seemed to be the best chance of getting new people involved. I recently did a recon of the day trip route (which was one used during the 2008 Jeep Jamboree) - over the Watagan Mtns from Morisset to the Wollombi pub for a nice pub lunch then back via a different track. It's all dirt to Wollombi and 4WD would be needed. Expressions of interest came from gi-frog, jenko, and a couple of the 'maybe' AJOR users. The trip is set up for the 4th of November because that suited the gi-frogs best. Jenko has dropped out due to work commitments in Orange. None of the AJOR 'maybe's' have turned into certains. I am still waiting on confirmation from gi-frog (he had to arrange a shift swap to clear that date), so I am not certain of anything happening at all.

Seems like hard work Glen :roll: .....I would Luv to get out there again....I have a few family issues at the moment, so for me it is difficult to commit to anything until I have a clear direction again. :roll: :?:
I'll keep watching this space :)

Mopar Skid Plates,dual battery system,Tubular Jeep s/steps,
2.5" Lift OME Shocks & King Springs,AirFlow Snorkel
Long Range fuel Tank 115 Ltre,Drawer Unit
Rola:Roof Rails,Basket,Shovel Holders & Luggage Boot
Desert Edge Off Road Camper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 5:58 am 
LOST Member

Weather permitting, I'm going camping to http://www.gordoncountry.com.au/ on Friday arvo 9/Nov .Probably leave around 2pm if I can get off work early, so if anybody is keen let me know or come over on the Saturday if you can't make it Friday :CAMPING: :JEEPIN: :5SHOTS:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:44 am 
LOST Addict

Gi-frog advised he has to work on the 4th so the day trip is off as no other takers have surfaced.