It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Leo Muller's Global Jamboree spin off & Jeep Tagalongs
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:48 pm 
LOST Addict

Folks on the east coast and QLD specifically, not sure if your aware that the Leo Muller guys have started up a business called "Global Jamboree" which will be running mini-Jamborees to places like Fraser Island etc. Here is a link to their website:

http://www.globaljamboree.com.au/

Apparently Chrysler Jeep Australia would not allow them to use the word Jeep in their name.

This seems to have freaked a few people out at SJC who see it as the death of the traditional Jambo. It may also discourage any attempts to get a QLD club to host the 2014 Jambo.

I have heard from a source at SJC that Leo Muller is bringing out a guy from the US (who has experience in running the smaller regional weekend Jambos that they have over there) to assist with the development and running of the upcoming events.

This will certainly put the cat among the pigeons at Camp Coffs - which has to be a good thing in my opinion as they do the same thing over and over again.

Leo Muller has a history of Jambo involvement, and particularly the 2008 one at Morriset where they ran all the merchanising and parts sales. So i guess this is a natural fit for them in some ways.

What do you think?