It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: WVO LIBBY
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:10 am 
LOST Member

I like the way it was done. If you were closer, I had money and maybe a few other lame excuses I'd buy it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

I used a 2 tank system and drove 130,000 on WVO. The engine blew...not because of the WVO.... I had a runaway condition...due to a dirty inercooler and intake manifold....but i did tear the blown motor completely appart and the top of the pistons looked good, very little carbon build up. I have a new motor in it and have not burned any WVO....which is costing me a fortune in fuel... When I was running WVO I mixed it 50/50. The tank was heated from coolant. On 100% WVO the engine was lagging. On 50/50 I was saving fuel and getting the best fuel economy and performance. I never used a lift pump...and the original pump pulled it from the back fine...untill the filter got dirty... every 30K miles the secondary filter needed changed. I filtered WVO to 1 micron and mixed it in a 100 gallon tank, then pumped it into the secondary tank behind the back seat. I always kept my main tank full of 100% diesel. The factory filter was for the diesel and the secondary tank had its own filter. The system was from Golden Fuel Systems.

I have seen just about everything you can see with this CRD. Unfortunately I red Sir Sams guide at approximately the 160,000k mile point in owner ship. Now I have EGR bypass, Elephant hose mod, Samco hoses. I do go thru turbos...on the 4th one....I am not good about following the cool down process...ADHD could be the problem.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:59 am 
LOST Newbie

Pm sent

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:21 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have been a oiler for four years now. I've put it in 7.3s 6.0s 6.5s 6.2s 6.9s all loved it. In my 6.5 at 50/50 3,500 ft elavation 19 degrees cranked right up. The trick is highjean, take the nastyest soy or conola oil and put it in a 250 gallon tote match the oil quanty with diesel feul and let it sit for a couple weeks. Go by NAPA and get a filter head 4770 then get online and find a 2 or 5 micron filter. Grab a pump and hook it up easyer for the pump to push instead of pull. On the hose that goes in the tote zip tie a metal dowl not wood and it will slide up and down the hose to stay away from the food in the bottom. Save some money and have fun. Remember SOY and CONOLA ONLY! NO MISTAKE! This is where everyone goes wrong!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

I've now put over 100,000 miles on my two tank system installed by Plant Drive in Berkeley, CA. i have never had an issue resulting from veg. This little tractor loves veg!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:30 am 
LOST Member

I have not been on here in years i put 140k grease miles on my two tank CRD it was the best WVO vehicle ever, right until I totaled it in a wreck. I now own a Tesla that has no oil changes, no timing belt and free electricity (that apartment was actually cheaper also). Times are a changing! on a side not i am not sure why anyone would own a diesel liberty CRD and not convert it. it was an easy converstion and lasted a long time the hard part is setting up a grease filtering station and gathering grease. I want to build an electric off shore speed boat If I only had a sponsor!

2006 Liberty CRD -- Spare tire replaced with Veg tank, semi filter for veg, FPHE, Electric common rail line heater, fill vegetable oil tank every 3 days. ORM, EHM comes out in front of the passenger rear tire. Wife has new job and 20 mile round trip to work. I borrow her Jeep a lot and live in South Florida.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:19 pm 
LOST Member

Greasey Bob wrote:
I have not been on here in years i put 140k grease miles on my two tank CRD it was the best WVO vehicle ever, right until I totaled it in a wreck. I now own a Tesla that has no oil changes, no timing belt and free electricity (that apartment was actually cheaper also). Times are a changing! on a side not i am not sure why anyone would own a diesel liberty CRD and not convert it. it was an easy converstion and lasted a long time the hard part is setting up a grease filtering station and gathering grease. I want to build an electric off shore speed boat If I only had a sponsor!

Bob, sorry to hear your Libby met it's demise. Hope you walked away unscathed. I'm on my second Libby now. I've put about 100k on this one running my blend. These things run great being lubricated from both ends!