It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Electric Companies "Over-Charging" for Electric Ca
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:18 am 
LOST Member

No pun intended here....

I had lunch with a friend who knows several electric car developers. He checked his facts with them to be sure this was correct.

The large electrical conglomerations are contacting the car companies pressuring them to add a computer tracking chip so a electric car will send a signal through the electrical lines similar to the way phones work with the electrical outlet extension systems. The Electric supplier will then charge a tax, surcharge on electricity used for cars. This chip will identify you where ever you are charging so they then get the additional revenue.

What happened to utility companies serving the people?

Jim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:16 pm 
LOST Addict

Electric company is not for the consumer at all and always trying ways to dig deep into your pockets. A two month $63 electric bill in NW Washington is $200 in one month in Delaware. I believe I'm being ripped off in Delaware. In Delaware the bill reads like this:

customer charge $$$
distribution charge first 500 kWh $$$$
last kWh $$$$
transmission capacity charge $$$$
standard offer service charge first 500 kWh $$$$$
last kWh $$$$
phase-in credit/charge $$$$$$ note: I never seen a credit on this line
Total electric supply charges $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ :evil:

K&N, Samco Hoses, Michelin 245/70-16 LTX A/T2, Fumoto F-102, V-Force Muffler, Mopar, Hitch, Trailer Wiring, Skid Plates, Slush Mats, Rear Shelf, Predator Stage 1, Transgo, ORM & CodeReader, Facet 40109 Pump
"IT'S A DIESEL THING, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND"
Certified Services Auto & Truck Repair

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well when we fill up at the pump lets say we pay on average $.50 road tax to various fat cat buracrats per gallon :( You plug in your tree hugging car and your avoiding that tax the rest of us are paying :twisted: Additionally your only fooling yourself if you think your saving the plannet :roll: If the rest of us have to pay road use tax what makes tree hugging hybrid owners different :?: Could this really be a way to collect road use tax from ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

like any other electronic tracking device, I'd bet if you search some hacker forums, you could find a way to disable the device that sends your info.

"There are few problems in life the liberal application of duct tape can't solve."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:02 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

My 2 cents....................

What makes your electric vehicle or hybrid so much better then my 10mpg Jeep? There is none since your electric car or hybrid is actually,well will cause,more long term polution then my KJ will ever.I end up paying more for the roads you drive more on then I do.I believe if you have a electric vehicle or hybrid,or any vehicle that gets over 20mpgs, that you should be subjected to a increased tax of some kind.Or something to make you guys pay for driving the value of my vehicle down and making me pay more for the roads that I never drive on or hardly drive on.There should also be heavy fines and manditory jail time for poeple that hypermile,95% of those techniques are not safe and causee accidents.There a posted speed limit for a reason,follow it or get off the road,more so when you see a orange KJ growing larger in your rear view mirror,soon I'm not going to bother to slow down or pass that stupid pruis that pulled out in front of me over a 1/2 mile ahead and I catch up in seconds(doing the speed limit) and there still not doing 20mph :twisted: :twisted: .