It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MPG-CAPS... They work for me =)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:25 pm 
Taco Killer

Well to be honest I was skeptical at first but these things work.... Here are my test results
Subject 1
2000 Cavalier (good condition, new tires, new air filter, new oil change etc etc)
Without the pill a full tank of gas would last for 198 miles (daily driving on city only)
With the pill a full tank of gas would last for 248 (same driving conditions)
(approximate values... you cant have a constant while driving)

Subject 2
2008 Jetta
Without the pill: 234
WITH the pill: 260

Subject 3
2006 Dodge charger
Same MPG with or without the pill but the pill allowed me to switch from premium gas to regular gas, thus saving me money at the pump.

A friend of mine sells them to me, he wants me to become a reseller but Im not much into it....
here´s the link with the info

http://www.myffi.biz/t-MPG-CAPS.aspx

Have any of you guys tried MPG CAPS?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:26 pm 
LOST Junkie

What's the original MPG on these vehicles? How many do you use per tank? I still say snake oil here but let's say it does actually work.

I'll be nice and say that Jetta gets 30mpg I doubt it but oh well...

So you just got an extra 26 miles out of that tank, so it saved you a whole gallon at $3.50 give or take but this "pill" cost you $2 per but you forgot shipping. What does that equate to, a buck per?? You saved a wopping .50 go buy you a stick of gum.

If it works for you I say go for it but it's hardly worth it to me.

Tow Hooks ~ HH Rear Hitch
Hella 500's

gwip Design

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:30 pm 
Taco Killer

pokefan wrote:
What's the original MPG on these vehicles? How many do you use per tank? I still say snake oil here but let's say it does actually work.

So you just got an extra 26 miles out of that tank, so it saved you a whole gallon at $3.50 give or take but this "pill" cost you $2 per but you forgot shipping. What does that equate to, a buck per?? You saved a wopping .50 go buy you a stick of gum.

Sorry for my delay.
heres the thing:
I use HALF a pill per tank
As far as I know its a very personal experience and results vary from car to car.
I can not compare my results to your results since:
I currently reside in Mexico
Mexican Gasoline has a different octane level than the one in the US
The 08 jetta sold in Mexico is a revised version of the MKIV sold in the US...
Try it! what do you have to loose?
Do a research on youtube and google... the pill works! even CNN has done some research about it
regards

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

SilverKK09 wrote:
pokefan wrote:

Sorry for my delay.
heres the thing:
As far as I know its a very personal experience and results vary from car to car.
Do a research on youtube and google... the pill works! even CNN has done some research about it
regards
If it worked it would be a already added to gas at the pumps,it is not so it does not work.There are way to many varibles to factor that change drastically change your mpg's from tank to tank,the biggest one is you are trying to take it easy trying to prove to yourself that this snake oil product actually works,and it is all done without you knowing you are actually changing your driving habits.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:10 am 
Taco Killer

tjkj2002 wrote:
SilverKK09 wrote:
pokefan wrote:

Sorry for my delay.
heres the thing:
regards
If it worked it would be a already added to gas at the pumps,it is not so it does not work.There are way to many varibles to factor that change drastically change your mpg's from tank to tank,the biggest one is you are trying to take it easy trying to prove to yourself that this snake oil product actually works,and it is all done without you knowing you are actually changing your driving habits.

Dude! again with the snake oil!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1qk0RsZZmU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77fjg8IlFMo

Again what do you have to loose? get a pack and try them out! 20 bucks 10 pills? Heck as I told you guys before I was skeptical too but even for me that Im a cheap sensored word, 20 bucks was worth the try!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:00 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

SilverKK09 wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
SilverKK09 wrote:
pokefan wrote:

Sorry for my delay.
heres the thing:
regards

Again what do you have to loose? get a pack and try them out! 20 bucks 10 pills? Heck as I told you guys before I was skeptical too but even for me that Im a cheap @$#%, 20 bucks was worth the try!
I take everything posted on the internet with a grain of salt since stuff can easily be fake or staged.I will not try a snake oil item,they don't work and you waste money on them and they post stuff all over the net saying they work,most of the time they state they are "real" poeple when in fact they are the company itself trying to sell there scam.A properly tuned and maintained vehicle will always get better mpg's and power then a snake oil item can ever give.

Like I said if they actually worked they would already be in the gas as a additive,they are not because they do not work.

Oh and $20 is a weeks worth of gas for me,I'd rather drive then spend money on something that can possibly have long term effects onj my fuel system and engine which would cost thousands of dollars more then not using the snake oil product.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:09 pm 
Taco Killer

tjkj2002 wrote:
SilverKK09 wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
SilverKK09 wrote:
pokefan wrote:

Sorry for my delay.
heres the thing:
regards

Again what do you have to loose? get a pack and try them out! 20 bucks 10 pills? Heck as I told you guys before I was skeptical too but even for me that Im a cheap @$#%, 20 bucks was worth the try!
I take everything posted on the internet with a grain of salt since stuff can easily be fake or staged.I will not try a snake oil item,they don't work and you waste money on them and they post stuff all over the net saying they work,most of the time they state they are "real" poeple when in fact they are the company itself trying to sell there scam.A properly tuned and maintained vehicle will always get better mpg's and power then a snake oil item can ever give.

Like I said if they actually worked they would already be in the gas as a additive,they are not because they do not work.

Oh and $20 is a weeks worth of gas for me,I'd rather drive then spend money on something that can possibly have long term effects onj my fuel system and engine which would cost thousands of dollars more then not using the snake oil product.

wow! sorry This snake oil is not for you... 20 dollars a week worth of GAS???? Is your liberty a diesel powered KJ or what?
because 20 dollars can and probably could last me at most 2 days so.....
anyways... in case youre interested and if 20 dollars is THAT MUCH for you I can give you 10 pills for free...tell me where to send them and Ill happily give them to you! as a friend =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:15 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Quote:
20 dollars a week worth of GAS???? Is your liberty a diesel powered KJ or what?
I have the 3.7 V-6 and yep I only put 4-5 gallons of gas in a week(premium only),between 70-80 miles since I fill up every sunday no matter what.

Quote:
I can give you 10 pills for free
No need,I'm not hurting for money just not going to ruin a $5000 engine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:33 pm 
Taco Killer

tjkj2002 wrote:
Quote:
20 dollars a week worth of GAS???? Is your liberty a diesel powered KJ or what?
I have the 3.7 V-6 and yep I only put 4-5 gallons of gas in a week(premium only),between 70-80 miles since I fill up every sunday no matter what.

Quote:
I can give you 10 pills for free
No need,I'm not hurting for money just not going to ruin a $5000 engine.

WHAT??? ARE YOU GOING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT 5000 MEASLY DOLLARS!!!??? you CAN ruin your engine but you saved on fuel didnt you??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey no need for hard feelings here... Its just that I use the product and Im quite happy with it.. specially if theyve been around for so much... and heck! if a pill will help me save on gas, even if its by adding a psychological effect on my driving... well, Im up for it ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:28 am 
LOST Addict

Checked out their website and I wouldn't try it.

Your mileage increases could very easily be placebo effect caused by unconscious conservative driving. I make this statement as someone who used to be afraid of running out of gas when my vans hit 420 miles on the tank (17 mpg), by only changing my driving habits I now easily go 540 miles (22+ mpg) before I start to worry. That's an almost 30% increase just by being very conscious of the way I drive.

Also, it's best to back MPG savings claims with hard numbers from before and after any changes. You may view my detailed MPG figures on GasSavers.org

http://www.gassavers.org/garage/viewgaslog/1448?

A vehicle isn't yours till you learn to wrench on it yourself.

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport (Eugene, I am the Passenger, And I ride and I ride.)
1999 Chev Astro 2WD (Green, Daily Driver)
1997 Chev Astro AWD (Grumpy "The Heep", $250 Rally Van, 335k miles, 2" lift, 31" tires)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:21 pm 
Got Groceries?

tjkj2002 wrote:
SilverKK09 wrote:
tjkj2002 wrote:
SilverKK09 wrote:
pokefan wrote:

Sorry for my delay.
heres the thing:
regards

well in that theory the KJ should have a few things to make it more efficient, just for example, a higher quality air filter. I know some things that help mileage are considered "not cost effective" but what if these "snake oil" products do work and the fuel distributors don't want to add them because that would cost them more money, therefore have a smaller profit margin?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3219059

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:55 pm 
LOST Addict

My KJ don't need no stinkin pill. My KJ is not sick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:00 am 
The Cake is a Lie!
The Cake is a Lie!

Albert wrote:
My KJ don't need no stinkin pill. My KJ is not sick.

CRD Frankenlift II, Rock Lizard Rear Bumper, Mann Provent, GDE FT-ECO Tune, "Euro Torque Converter, Transgo 545RFE-H2 Shift Kit, 245/75 MT/R's on Moabs, Full Mopar Skids, Front Tow Hooks, CAT 2 Fuel filter and bleeder valve mod, Fumoto valve, Wahlbro Lift Pump, Custom 2 1/2" Exhaust