It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HHO Update
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:00 am 
LOST Member

I have been running a HHO generator for about 6 months now. I have continued to be disappointed with the lack of mileage increase...however...

I have seen these benefits:
1. When the generator is blocked or not running, a notice an immediate drop in power. She gets sluggish and doesn't handle the uphills, towing or acceleration as well.
2. My tail pipe has a very thin layer of soot compared to the previous 1/8th of an inch of crap. It still comes off on my finger but there is no thickness at all!

I haven't pulled the MAP sensor off to clean it since I replaced it. I'll bet it is spotless and will let you know when I do so.

We are intalling a biodiesel processor today with a perolit column to filter the diesel down to 1 micron. I am hoping it will test out below freezing with the 1 micron filter. I will have to sneak it into the freezer and hope my wife doesn't catch me!

2005 Liberty Sport Stone White
SAMCO Hoses
Provent
HHO System
In-line thermo
'95 Moto Guzzi California 1100

I learn more from my struggles than that which comes easy......

Post subject: Still not seeing much mileage increase...but definately smoo
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:59 pm 
LOST Member

still playing with the system

SAMCO Hoses
Provent
HHO System
In-line thermo

Last edited by jmoomaw on Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: HHO Update
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:33 am 
LOST Member

Hi all...haven't been in here for a while. The manufacturer replaced the generator with a new version at no charge. It produces more HHO than the previous. my mileage jumped 21% with the first tank (from 24 -29mpg). It looks like more is more! Still have some soot around the tail pipe but barely any at all.

We are going to experiment with a second generator at the same time to produce more HHO to see if I get an even bigger jump!

good news...

Jim

SAMCO Hoses
Provent
HHO System
In-line thermo

Post subject: Re: HHO Update
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:38 am 
LOST Newbie

jmoomaw wrote:
I have been running a HHO generator for about 6 months now. I have continued to be disappointed with the lack of mileage increase...however...

I have seen these benefits:
1. When the generator is blocked or not running, a notice an immediate drop in power. She gets sluggish and doesn't handle the uphills, towing or acceleration as well.
2. My tail pipe has a very thin layer of soot compared to the previous 1/8th of an inch of crap. It still comes off on my finger but there is no thickness at all!

I haven't pulled the MAP sensor off to clean it since I replaced it. I'll bet it is spotless and will let you know when I do so.

We are intalling a biodiesel processor today with a perolit column to filter the diesel down to 1 micron. I am hoping it will test out below freezing with the 1 micron filter. I will have to sneak it into the freezer and hope my wife doesn't catch me!

HHO kits need a vacuum and if you have the diesel , its direct injection and you don't have enough of a vacuum to get the HHO kit to work
I have a Hilux 4x4 and its diesel and I have gone from 550 km a tank to 850 km a tank and thats in traffic

Hawkesbury hydrogen
+61412119530