It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Interesting engine
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:43 pm 
LOST Member

My wife's boss sent her this link and had her forward it to me. It is an opposed piston opposed cylinder two stroke design for a diesel engine. It was also to be able to be adapted to burn other fuels. Interesting design with some cool design considerations however since the link is from 2008 I don't think much as advanced like originally planned.

http://www.engineeringtv.com/video/Oppo ... d-Cylinder

Post subject: Re: Interesting engine
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:55 pm 
LOST Member

Dalebeech wrote:
Today, we are show lot of people which have a nice cars. the most important part of any car engine. If the situation is, when the engine failure, then certainly the opportunity is a place to buy a new engine.

WTF does that mean? More importantly WTF does that have to do with the original post?

I would love to see one of those running in a test vehicle. It seems interesting.

OME 790 and Bilstein 916 up front
OME 948 and OME N132L in rear
245/75/16 Treadwright Warden A/T on Richard Cepek DC-2
Euro torque converter
Renegade roof lights
Pioneer Z110bt double din navi w/ reverse cam

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:38 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

spitfire36o wrote:
Dalebeech wrote:
Today, we are show lot of people which have a nice cars. the most important part of any car engine. If the situation is, when the engine failure, then certainly the opportunity is a place to buy a new engine.

WTF does that mean? More importantly WTF does that have to do with the original post?

I would love to see one of those running in a test vehicle. It seems interesting.

Pretty sure that is a BOT, it does not pass the Turin test.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Pure Spam

always click on the profile and find the other posts - saves time for the Mods - they have enough problems just deleting the junk

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:15 pm 
LOST Member

ATXKJ wrote:
Pure Spam

always click on the profile and find the other posts - saves time for the Mods - they have enough problems just deleting the junk

Is there a way to flag the user when this happens or just wait for a mod to see it and delete them?

OME 790 and Bilstein 916 up front
OME 948 and OME N132L in rear
245/75/16 Treadwright Warden A/T on Richard Cepek DC-2
Euro torque converter
Renegade roof lights
Pioneer Z110bt double din navi w/ reverse cam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:07 am 
LOST Member

The problem I see is if it is direct injection it would have a hard time spraying onto the piston crown. I love the idea, especially if it is a diesel. Mounted in the back like in a smart car -- the return of the two cylinder car. It might be good to mount in between the wheels and have the engine above the transmission for a really compact design.

2006 Liberty CRD -- Spare tire replaced with Veg tank, semi filter for veg, FPHE, Electric common rail line heater, fill vegetable oil tank every 3 days. ORM, EHM comes out in front of the passenger rear tire. Wife has new job and 20 mile round trip to work. I borrow her Jeep a lot and live in South Florida.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:49 am 
LOST Newbie

METCRD wrote:
My wife's boss sent her this link and had her forward it to me. It is an opposed piston opposed cylinder two stroke design for a diesel engine. It was also to be able to be adapted to burn other fuels. Interesting design with some cool design considerations however since the link is from 2008 I don't think much as advanced like originally planned.

http://www.engineeringtv.com/video/Oppo ... d-Cylinder

an identicle type of commercial engine was built and used back in the 60s in the UK, it was used in furniture removal trucks which were, and still are box shaped. it was designed to be low profile and obviously sat under the floor to make maximum use of carrying space.

it was an air cooled horizontally opposed 4 cylinder 2 stroke with the oposing piston heads facing each other! with weird shaped connecting rods. it worked well.