It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: setup ideas
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:42 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi all,
So I went for an extended test drive in a 2005 jeep liberty CRD, wow what a difference from my 86 300sdl, it actually moves out when I step on the throttle. My MB won't move untill the rpms get over 2500. I would like to move into one of these newer more refined SUVs. I have been running on WVO for about 4 years now on my 86 MB 2 tank Greasecar setup, HIH, FPHE, HFF,
The car rides great on the highway but is otherwise slow in stop & go traffic.

Don't want or need a big truck or SUV, the Liberty seems a perfect size!

I'm looking for some ideas as far as setups, not crazy with the tank hanging on the back door, cold winters here in Penna. anyone have a heated tank in the cargo area? Any plastic tanks?
Thinking of doing the same type of setup as my MB.

Also whats an average cost for a timing chain replacement, didn't need that on my MB.
Any other mods engine needed?

Thanks
Sam

Post subject: Re: setup ideas
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:42 pm 
LOST Member

I guess you got my link from greasecar. Did you read this viewtopic.php?f=94&t=60417 He mounted the tank in the back. Read the Norb guide list elsewhere on this websit. You need to do the ORM and the EHM or get the GDE tune. Budget atleast $1500 for a timing belt change unless you are a good mechanic and then $600-800 just in parts.

Also if you are going to convert you will need a new Thermostat, it should point straight up. I highly recommend the injection line heater wrapped around the common rail. Becauce that works as a big heat robber especially in cold weather. Makes for very long heat-ups if the common rail is cold. The coolant might be hot but the common rail will still be cold!

Read all of Acuboy's grease conversion post and Greasey Bob's.

2006 Liberty CRD -- Spare tire replaced with Veg tank, semi filter for veg, FPHE, Electric common rail line heater, fill vegetable oil tank every 3 days. ORM, EHM comes out in front of the passenger rear tire. Wife has new job and 20 mile round trip to work. I borrow her Jeep a lot and live in South Florida.