It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: b100 how long
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:04 pm 
LOST Newbie

we have been running the libby for about two years on b100 now and the only probs we have had is one injector seal gone. just wanted to see if there are any others out there that are running on b100 and how long for?

Post subject: Re: b100 how long
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:42 pm 
LOST Member

I do not use B100 but I have run SVO for 65k miles. Only issues are diesel filters, ball joints, and egr coolant hose. The factory fuel head is not very good with that "spacer" in it.

2006 Liberty CRD -- Spare tire replaced with Veg tank, semi filter for veg, FPHE, Electric common rail line heater, fill vegetable oil tank every 3 days. ORM, EHM comes out in front of the passenger rear tire. Wife has new job and 20 mile round trip to work. I borrow her Jeep a lot and live in South Florida.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:56 pm 
LOST Member

We have been running B100 since new (105k miles). Well, the first 2k miles of it being ferried form OK to CA were dino but since then.

No fuel-related issues at all. I'm also only on my 3rd fuel filter in all those miles. We've had the usual transmission stuff and we had a warped head but wasn't fuel-related. I find the CRD to be a fantastic B100 vehicle.

GDE Eco Tune and DPF delete
CB Engineering DPF delete pipe
EHM

Past (sold to Mountainman):
2005 Patriot Blue Liberty CRD Limited

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

I've been running b99-b100 for the past year, but do run some Dino on occasion when out on long trips. I purchased the vehicle with 73k on it and now have 90k. I didn't get any clogging in the fuel filter from all those miles of standard fuel as I thought and just changed the filter a couple thousand miles when I did my own version of a 90 thousand mile tune up.

I'm running GDE full torque, Provent, silicone hoses and K&N as my only engine related mods. I tow a 3500plus pound boat on bio and no detectable difference. I'm gearing to 4.10s though because I have a lift and full 31 x 10.50 mud tires that are noticeable over my 245-75's in the mountains.
I love this jeep!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:56 am 
LOST Newbie

I've been running on bio-diesel for a year now because I found where I could buy it for $2.00/gal. The only thing that I've noticed is my wallet staying fatter.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'm at 105k miles and have used ULSD, B20, and B100 in various combinations since early 2006 (mostly based on convenience and availability). My only fuel issues have been filter related (leaks, per normal, and fuel gel-ing of the bio in the late winter). No issues with fuel pumps, lines, injectors, seals, or drive-ability.

Dan

Fumoto drain | ProVent CCV Filter
Stanadyne FM100 filter | Cummins fuel pump
GDE Eco | SEGR | BoulderBars | FrankenLift | Frankenskids

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:04 am 
LOST Newbie

I live in Colorado, and run b99 from Easter through Thanksgiving. I haven't had any problems in three years (45K miles) except one: I mixed about 50% and utterly stupidly went to Breckenridge in January. It took a few hours to get started.

I am REALLY interested in trying to convert to WVO; there is a biodiesel coop here that sells WVO and down here in Littleton there are a few Chinese/Japanese restaurants I've been bugging for exchange.

ALL other problems I've had are with Mopar.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:15 am 
LOST Member

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=61532 Read my right up in the same section. make sure you heat the Common rail for the conversion. My spare tank conversion seemed to work fine when I was in the Carolinas zero F give or take a little. You might need extra tank heat year round in CO. The return on investment in a grease system is pretty short. But be warned it gets addictive running on low cost fuel.

It only takes one good restaurant to have a supply to fuel yourself.

2006 Liberty CRD -- Spare tire replaced with Veg tank, semi filter for veg, FPHE, Electric common rail line heater, fill vegetable oil tank every 3 days. ORM, EHM comes out in front of the passenger rear tire. Wife has new job and 20 mile round trip to work. I borrow her Jeep a lot and live in South Florida.

Last edited by Greasey Bob on Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:41 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Greasey Bob wrote:
It only take on good restaurant to have a supply to fuel yourself.

One could make that same general statement about B100 if you're willing to cook small batches and have a good place to do some basic chemistry...

Dan

Fumoto drain | ProVent CCV Filter
Stanadyne FM100 filter | Cummins fuel pump
GDE Eco | SEGR | BoulderBars | FrankenLift | Frankenskids

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:40 pm 
LOST Member

Since the year 2000 I have been saying the ultimate would be to make biodiesel for start up and run WVO in the second tank. But someone usually says "this way is better" but no matter what side of the bio vs WVO you are on you still need to get oil.