It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Long trip on WVO
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:38 pm 
LOST Member

I am driving to Washington DC from Fort Lauderdale FL for a wedding this weekend and I loaded the car up with 100 gallons of grease and a full diesel tank and full Veg oil tank. I figure 2200-2400 miles round trip. I think I have enough fuel.

I hope it does not blow up. I have 1000 miles on the last oil change and 176000 total miles on the Jeep. If you remember I have a spare tire fuel tank and no spare tire. I am bringing a plug kit and a really small compressor if I get a flat. And we have AAA.

Last long grease trip I took I got 350 miles out of every gallon of diesel I purchased.

2006 Liberty CRD -- Spare tire replaced with Veg tank, semi filter for veg, FPHE, Electric common rail line heater, fill vegetable oil tank every 3 days. ORM, EHM comes out in front of the passenger rear tire. Wife has new job and 20 mile round trip to work. I borrow her Jeep a lot and live in South Florida.

Post subject: Re: Long trip on WVO
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:10 pm 
LOST Newbie

Long grease trips are intensely satisfying. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:35 pm 
LOST Member

Where are you putting the 100GL of WVO?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:24 am 
LOST Member

I put 17cubes in the hatch area (8 on the bottom and 9 on top) and 3 in the back seat on the floor. First stop was 330 miles away and I filled the spare tire tank with the 3 from the back seat. Second day I used 4 cubes and had to keep the empties so that the stack did not fall over. Then I got the stack off the top and did not have to listen to the glugging sound.

At one point we had two guest with us that added about 420 more pounds, one was a big guy and the Jeep pulled off the line very slow. Everything worked out fine in the end we got home after 2300 miles and I still had 4 full cubes in the back. I filled the tank when we got home and it took 3 of the cubes. That works out to we burned 95 gallons of grease and 4 or 5 gallons of diesel. We were traveling at about 70-75 most of the way. I did notice that between 80-85 that a lot of the whiney noises go away and it is smoother.

I think it was a successful trip.

Robert

2006 Liberty CRD -- Spare tire replaced with Veg tank, semi filter for veg, FPHE, Electric common rail line heater, fill vegetable oil tank every 3 days. ORM, EHM comes out in front of the passenger rear tire. Wife has new job and 20 mile round trip to work. I borrow her Jeep a lot and live in South Florida.