It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:33 pm 
LOST Junkie

I AGREE I MET ROCK LIZZARD TO BUY SOME MTR'S FROM HIM AND THEN MY JEEP BROKE DOWN. HE GAVE ME A RIDE FROM COLORADO SPRINGS TO DENVER TO MY CONCERT. IT WAS THE NICEST THING EVER. FROM THE SOUNDS OF THE WAY MARTY WAS TALKING ALL OF THE CO GUYS SEEM LIKE PRETTY FUN PEOPLE TO GO WHEEL WITH....HAHA

2005 RENEGADE 4X4
2.5 RUSTYS LIFT
245/75/16 GOODYEAR MTR'S
FULL TINT
13 MILES TO THE GALLON.....GOD darn HAHA

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

LRwrnglr wrote:
Connor, Hutchinson Kansas

Has anybody ever been upto the offroad park in Randolp Kansas?? I've been up there with my old YJ a couple times but haven't ventured up there with the Libby.

I've taken my Libby there twice. Once completely stock (&@!@# GY SR-As!) and once with my new tires and skids. Got around just fine, even w/o a lift.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:03 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

RaddKJ wrote:
I've taken my Libby there twice. Once completely stock (&@!@# GY SR-As!) and once with my new tires and skids. Got around just fine, even w/o a lift.

thats good to know lol i havent added a lift yet or much of anything just lights :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

You did alright at Tuttle Creek stock?? Thats good to know I want to head up there soon but don't have the lift on yet. Did you have skids or did you just take it easy?

LR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

The first time I didn't have skids, the second time I did. I had a freak accident the first time I went and had to replace a wheel and the tranny pan. Skids probably would have saved my tranny pan, but I don't know. BTW, the accident occurred as we were heading back to the entrance so that we could leave; more that 7 hours after we started.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

So you just ran AT's?? And did you get to go a lot of places, even without a lift?? haha this must seem like a questionare

LR

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

It's all about common sense. I got everywhere, there are just some rock walls that I couldn't climb, so I had to find a way around them. No biggie! Still loads of fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:02 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Joe
Omaha NE

I need to get this KK on the trail to see what it can do.

08 KK OEM skid plates, JK winch bumper w/ Hella 500s, K&N filter, JKS front discos, black out headlights w/ fogs added, blacked out & euro mod tail lights, Curt Hitch w/ oem wiring, OME Springs, JBA UCA & top plates, Cabin Filter Retro Fit, Custom Fender Mounted Light Mounts w/ Hella 500s, ATH roof bars, rear flush mount LEDs

Post subject: greetings from t town
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:41 pm 
LOST Newbie

any tulsa k-js here?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:47 pm 
LOST Junkie

Stillwater here! We've got at least one guy from Tulsa, his name is "tulsa". ;)

Tow Hooks ~ HH Rear Hitch
Hella 500's

gwip Design

Post subject: been out to keystone?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:49 pm 
LOST Newbie

there is a play area behind keystone dam near manford perfectly legal its like a big sand box it also has a small seasonal creek and is ok to mess around in for an after noon have you ventured out to it?. We get out to still water to ride mountain bikes at lake mcmurthry and have camped there. Any jeep trails to be explored?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:31 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

davir,
I live near 101st and Riverside. I have been to Keystone. I assume it is open now, closed when the bald eagles are in residence.
Lewis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:00 am 
LOST Junkie

I've tried to make it to Keystone as well but it was closed when we got there. Slightly wasted trip! lol I've also been to disney and it was pretty fun with a good bit of area to play in. Mostly rock crawling but there were a few trails out that way.

As far as trails this way, I've yet to find any, Keystone is about as close as I've found. I've been wanting to make it down to Quachita and will hopefully get the chance to go this summer sometime.

Tow Hooks ~ HH Rear Hitch
Hella 500's

gwip Design

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:13 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

pokefan wrote:
I've tried to make it to Keystone as well but it was closed when we got there. Slightly wasted trip! lol I've also been to disney and it was pretty fun with a good bit of area to play in. Mostly rock crawling but there were a few trails out that way.

As far as trails this way, I've yet to find any, Keystone is about as close as I've found. I've been wanting to make it down to Quachita and will hopefully get the chance to go this summer sometime.

well if you get the chance be sure to post here Ive been wanting to go sometime in the summer, itll be a good chance for us to all get together

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/

Post subject: ouachitas
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:05 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have been to the ouachitas many times Hiked eagle rock loop , mountain biked the womble trail and also explored Wolf Pen Gap which is an off road vehicle area near Mena Arkansas by mountain bike Wolf Pen used to be wide open to vehicles but as of recently the forest service has been more restricive due to the creeks there suffering from silting due to vehicles like quads running up and down them all day.Still it would be a lot of fun and a lot of trails to drive real rocky and loose.The general forest roads are pretty endless to but im only familiar with the ones around Albert Pike and mena and those around Fisher mans village where the womble trail is located. The ouachitas are bueatiful no doubt.Great camp grounds at Shady Lake and Albert Pikes. How both the Ozarks you guys ever been? Byrds Canoe rental on the Mulberry River has a rock crawling area and mud pit kinda trail, as well as reanting canoes and kayaks on the Mulberry the ozark nation forest is just across the road i have driven quite a few of the forest road near that area in my Tracker before the K-J days :lol: . White rock mountain is very cool to visit. all this stuff can be checked out on the respective national forest web site.And Keystone is open though probably very wet due to the latest rains.

Love,Peace and Chicken Grease my okie friends

Post subject: one more post
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

We had the k-j about two weeks and i was dieing to try it out so i used phycology and proposed a little drive out to keystone to my wife as soon as we got to the gate i said Dear its all yours put it in 4 part time and go. She did we spent several hours down by the river,and in the little valley by the creek pretty good time our dogs had fun to. On the way home my wife is suggesting skids and better more grippy tires. Hey was that not smart or what? im by 51 and riverside by the way. Im sure you know about the trails off Aviry drive The Sand Springs Dranage System i drove them a time or two in my tracker theres a stream crossing or two and some other stuff that was way to radical for me and im sure they are illegal.But they do exist.

Post subject: spell check
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

MAN I NEED SPELL CHECK BAD! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:16 am 
LOST Newbie

Al and Andrea Koopman
Pratt, Ks

Post subject: Re: ouachitas
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

Joe here from the Kansas City area. Don't have my Lib anymore. Bought a 06 Wrangler Unlimited. It's gone now too. Gas got too high last year. So, I'm Jeepless right now. I'll have one again. For now the ATV will have to suffice for offroading. Davir, not all ATV riders are tearing up the streams. We have a ATV club down there working with the FS to keep trails open and promote Treading Lightly. I offroad with ATV's and Jeeps. I don't like when either group badmouths each other. There are bad apples in every group who can ruin all of our play areas.

davir wrote:
I have been to the ouachitas many times Hiked eagle rock loop , mountain biked the womble trail and also explored Wolf Pen Gap which is an off road vehicle area near Mena Arkansas by mountain bike Wolf Pen used to be wide open to vehicles but as of recently the forest service has been more restricive due to the creeks there suffering from silting due to vehicles like quads running up and down them all day.Still it would be a lot of fun and a lot of trails to drive real rocky and loose.The general forest roads are pretty endless to but im only familiar with the ones around Albert Pike and mena and those around Fisher mans village where the womble trail is located. The ouachitas are bueatiful no doubt.Great camp grounds at Shady Lake and Albert Pikes. How both the Ozarks you guys ever been? Byrds Canoe rental on the Mulberry River has a rock crawling area and mud pit kinda trail, as well as reanting canoes and kayaks on the Mulberry the ozark nation forest is just across the road i have driven quite a few of the forest road near that area in my Tracker before the K-J days :lol: . White rock mountain is very cool to visit. all this stuff can be checked out on the respective national forest web site.And Keystone is open though probably very wet due to the latest rains.

Love,Peace and Chicken Grease my okie friends

LOST Member #160
All J rear bumper
2" lift
31x10.5x15 BFG MT
OME shocks