Tow Hooks ~ HH Rear Hitch
Hella 500's

gwip Design

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

here i found a couple:
and i like the middle one the best for the end of the trail but the Kokopelli is pretty cool too

and also i found this: KOKOPELLI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I’ll briefly explain some of my ideas. I came up with several “themed” ideas in hopes to properly honor and represent the Great Plains. One option that I used was a SUNFLOWER silhouette that would outline the entire logo/sticker. I’m not sure how difficult it would be to cut a sticker using the sunflower silhouette verses a perfect circle. Most KJ LOST CLUB stickers are round, I like the idea of doing something different. You could design whatever you wanted to inside the sunflower. I basically drew the silhouette of a LIBERTY to place in the middle of what would be the middle of the sunflower, and wrote Great Plains Liberty Owners Specialty Team going around the parameter of the so called SUNFLOWER Pedals. The middle of the so called “SUNFLOWER” would be cut out except the silhouette of the LIBERTY. I designed a second logo/sticker in which I used a silhouette of a windmill instead of a SUNFLOWER. The windmill has the same idea as the Sunflower as the Blades would bring life to the sticker verses the typical around shape. In the axis of the windmill where the blades would normally come together is the LIBERTY silhouette. The blades alone without the windmill frame may be hard to distinguish, so I added the windmill tail which commonly has a logo on the tail fin. So I put LOST on the tail fin which I think looks pretty cool. This logo has the potential to look pretty cool. Wind Turbines have a long history and date back to the ancient times. The windmill was the first technology used in the Great Plains due to lack of water. The windmill has been used through history and is still in the process of development and does more than just pump water from a well. Wind Turbines are popping up all over the Great Plains to generate electricity. Anyway, these were two of the four ideas that I designed.

I took the road less traveled. Now I'm LOST.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

The kokopelli guy is really cool and a very clean logo, however the kokopelli symbolism was taken from the PUEBLO culture during Anasazi times. The kokopelli would best represent New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, and Utah in which the Kokopelli is taken from. The Indian on the horse as shown above represents the Plains Indians. The only problem that I can see with this type of logo would be the possibility of a distorted central focus point. The attention might be centered around the American Indian rather than the CLUB. I’m not saying it couldn’t work, I’m just saying that more thought into design creativity would need to be implemented to keep the focus on the LOST GREAT PLAINS CLUB. Either way, I think both images are really cool and could easily work for a CLUB LOGO. I’m just trying to point out the PROS and CONS of each logo brought to the table. I really appreciate all you guys taking the time to be involved in designing a CLUB LOGO. I’m even more excited to see the pride you guys have to keep the LOST GREAT PLAINS idea alive. Even though I’m a LOST ROCKIES CLUB MEMBER, who says I can’t be a LOST GREAT PLAINS MEMBER as well?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

My third design has a triangular shape to outline the sticker. Again, I’m trying to break the monotony of the round sticker look. The triangular shape is actually a Teepee. The teepee design can be more distinguished if “teepee poles” are placed at the top of the triangle. I used a silhouette of the Liberty front grille as the so called “tribal symbol” to decorate the teepee. I designed two different “cut-out” approaches to this logo. Method (1) Only cut out the triangular or circular door placed in the bottom middle of the triangle. Method (2) The entire center of the teepee would be cut out except the outline of the door, the tribal logo and the native American pattern connecting the logo to the side of the teepee. The decorative pattern could be a Native Decoration with the words such as “Liberty Owners Specialty Team“ written within the border. I used 3 different drawings to better illustrate the LOST GREAT PLAINS identity. For example, below the teepee I wrote LOST, or LOST GREAT PLAINS, or LIBERTY OWNERS SPECIALITY TEAM, or LOST MEMBER, or something to better represent who we are as a club.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

My fourth design was a cross between Native American and Cowboy. The Great Plains offered grazing opportunities to the COWBOY for excellent beef production. This time I used the hoop around a cattle skull as an outline. My design is pretty much the same as the traditional hoop/skull minus the feathers hanging from the horns. I’m not opposed to the feathers, but I thought the feathers may complicate the cut out process and take away from the KJ emphasis. In this design the hoop is pretty much independent of itself and only attaches as the hoop travels through the horns. Within the hoop I wrote LOST GREAT PLAINS in the bottom portion of the hoop and LIBERTY OWNERS SPECIALITY TEAM in the top part of the loop. Basically the letters are big enough that the two individual phrases are connected fulfilling the circle. There were multiple ways to design the wording within the hoop, but I chose to use the horns to separate LIBERTY OWNERS from SPECIALTY TEAM. Like a lot of western art, the smooth top portion of the skull has the Liberty Logo or whatever you want to use to represent the Liberty. The cut-outs in the design are pretty much the way you have seen them. Everything inside the hoop is cut-out. The skull is free floating except being attached at the horns. The eye-sockets in the skull are also cut-out. The word LOST in relation to the skull is a little ironic and all of a sudden holds two different meanings, which I thought was catchy..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:55 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

wow i bet that took you a long time to write all that up :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:00 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

jsc7002 wrote:
wow i bet that took you a long time to write all that up :shock:

Well, I wanted to get my ideas out on the table. :D I figured someone in the group might take interest in one of my ideas, draw it up, and post it. I think it would be neat to see what someone else draws based upon my description. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

okay i have this one made up
let me know what you think and what needs to be changed and i'll try to do it asap

thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:59 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

jsc7002 wrote:
okay i have this one made up
let me know what you think and what needs to be changed and i'll try to do it asap

thanks

I like it but maybe Great Plains on the top rim of the circle and Lost KJ in the center? just a suggestion.

What about us KK owners :cry: do we get a lost KK? LOL

08 KK OEM skid plates, JK winch bumper w/ Hella 500s, K&N filter, JKS front discos, black out headlights w/ fogs added, blacked out & euro mod tail lights, Curt Hitch w/ oem wiring, OME Springs, JBA UCA & top plates, Cabin Filter Retro Fit, Custom Fender Mounted Light Mounts w/ Hella 500s, ATH roof bars, rear flush mount LEDs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:59 am 
LOST Junkie

Wow, it's been awhile since I've been around. Sorry for taking forever on this.

Let me know what everyone thinks and I'll make changes as needed/wanted

Hella 500's

gwip Design

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I like the last one the best. Let me know if we're going to get stickers cut.

08 KK OEM skid plates, JK winch bumper w/ Hella 500s, K&N filter, JKS front discos, black out headlights w/ fogs added, blacked out & euro mod tail lights, Curt Hitch w/ oem wiring, OME Springs, JBA UCA & top plates, Cabin Filter Retro Fit, Custom Fender Mounted Light Mounts w/ Hella 500s, ATH roof bars, rear flush mount LEDs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:08 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

yeah I like the last one the best also, good job!

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:31 am 
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor
Lifetime Member & Advertising Vendor

Wow, I'm impressed! Love the logo!

Let me know if/when you guys decide to get some produced. I'm willing to make them one at a time and ship them direct if thats what you guys want.

-- Don

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:14 am 
And one more

I'm kinda surprised. I expected a little more feedback/criticism. Please, let me know if you'd like to see something different in the design.

Pixel,
thanks for the compliments! I just wish I could take credit. Everyone else came up with the design I just created what they gave me! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:19 am 
LOST Junkie

oops! That was me....

I don't like this being able to post as a "guest"

Hella 500's

gwip Design

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:33 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Anonymous wrote:
I'm kinda surprised. I expected a little more feedback/criticism. Please, let me know if you'd like to see something different in the design.

there would be some if there was something that we would wanted changed, IMO i thinks it perfect as is not cluttered and it is nice and clean cut

looks great!!

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/
http://www.ucora.org/
http://www.christianoffroad.com/
http://jeepinbyal.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:03 am 
LOST Member

can "great plains" and "L.O.S.T." have the same font??? i'm a little picky
oh and pokefan i saw you kj a couple weeks ago infront of a hobby store in stillwater its lookin good btw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:29 am 
LOST Junkie

I'll throw one up with the same fonts. Honestly, I thought it looked to bulky on the top and then not enough if used vice versa on the bottom but I'll put one up for you guys to decide.

LOL, yep if your ever in Stillwater that's most likely where you'll find me if I'm not out flying my airplanes I'm usually up there hangin' out. You should've stopped in and introduced yourself. Do you make it up here often?

Hella 500's

gwip Design

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:37 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Pokefan,
I agree with the above comments, they look good, fonts could match, but not critical.
Lewis