It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jeeps in Omaha?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:05 pm 
LOST Member

Looking for KJ enthusiasts in the Omaha area. Found Just Jeeps in Omaha but they seem to be pretty much Wranglers. I'm hoping to get my 07 Liberty lifted in the next few months and thought it would be cool if I had some one to hang out or talk to about it. If there's anyone out there that has done their own work on their Jeep and might be willing to help with my project that would be great too.

Glad I found this place. It's been a great help.
Jim

Post subject: Re: Jeeps in Omaha?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:42 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Welcome to the forum Jim. There are a couple of guy's around Omaha,They are not on here much and I am not sure if there jeeps are lifted or not. I go up to tuttle creek ORV park(north of Manhattan) a couple of time a year. If you are interested in joining us. :JEEPIN:

2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:55 pm 
LOST Member

Hey Jim. WELCOME TO OMAHA LOST!
I'm a UNO student. We could find some time if you wanted to check out a lifted Liberty. Drop me a PM.

David

Husky liners
Aeroturbine 2525
Amsoil

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:55 pm 
LOST Member

Oh, and I did my own lift. If you have the tools and I have the time away from school and research I'll gladly help with yours.

Husky liners
Aeroturbine 2525
Amsoil

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:04 pm 
LOST Member

kskj-Thanks for the offer. Maybe if I get my lift done I'll consider going. Might need to consider some front tow hooks for now (until I can afford the ARB) and some skids to be safe.

Dave08-let me know what all I need for tools. I don't have everything but know people who do so I can borrow or buyh. I am also planning new upper control arms and and lower ball joints while I'm doing it so let me know if those are easy enough to do at home in a garage.

I did just see what looked like a lifted KJ today at Summer Kitchen Cafe on 120th and Giles in LaVista. I wanted to see what size tires it had but when I got close it was running so I didn't want to freak out the owner. I waited to see if they were coming out so I could talk to them about it but then our table was ready. It was black with what looked like 245/75's on stock wheels (tires looked bigger than mine and I'm running 245/70's on stock wheels) and a Westin Bull Bar. Nice looking Jeep whoever it is.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

My apologies, I haven't checked in here for quite a while. You are correct, the Just Jeeps guys are pretty much all about the wranglers. I do hit their forum and post every now and then, I haven't done too much with the group. I was actually digging around because I am in the process of selling my KJ. I went with the Frankenlift when I lifted mine, and I swear by it. I'm also a big fan of Jeepin' by Al - I have his upper control arms and quick sway bar disconnects - quality stuff! I've been to Tuttle several times and loved it. Good Luck, One of my friends in Lincoln has a lifted Libby, I haven't seen too many others around here.

Jeepin' by Al Sway Bar Disconnects
MT/R's on stock wheels
ARB Bumper
Cold Air Intake