It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: fall off road trip, with pics & video's
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:14 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

We have a new member or two in our area and we would like to get together and hit some trails. Thinking about Kansas Rocks or maybe Smorr. We need to pick a date and time.

2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

Pastafari Alum, Pink shovel recipient

Last edited by kskj on Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: fall off road trip
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:26 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

SMORR is a little closer to me, but Kansas rocks being about 4 hours away is doable... I have no idea on the weather around here, but later in the year the better for me. I just would suck in mud with my not MT tires, so I guess before the rainy seasons? Transplant from WA state, and wheeling here will be way different.

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:43 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Alright, now that i'm in the right section . . .

And let me say, can't wait to get the great plains sticker on the Jeep!

Far as wheelin', i've definitely got the bug to get out soon. This month i could do 10-11 (though it'd be a stretch prepin' so quickly), 17-18 or 24-25 would be better. i'm good for either SMORR or K Rocks but would prefer K Rocks as i've never been and it looks to have lots of trails.

Arengant, hope we can get you out that soon but, if not, don't worry as i'd like to get out a least a couple more times this year. BTW, i'm an Army vet so it'll be good getting to know ya'. :wink:

My vote's for K. Rocks (but flexible).

Conquests: Poughkeepsie Gulch, Governor's Basin, Black Bear/Imogene/Engineer/Cinnamon pass, Coal Creek OHV, Badlands OHV, S.M.O.R.R., K-Rocks, Parent's driveway

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:49 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Yeah, K rocks would be cool!

I am on military jeepers, but the Liberty doesn't get respect, so I'd rather wheel with guys from here.

I'm on in the area for a year (doing school at FLW) so once and K-rocks and once at SMORR is my goal. If I can't make OCT, how long does the wheelin season last? Does it ever get so wet that the trails lose their appeal here?

Hope to meet some soon, I wish I could go to ECS to meet even more LOST people!

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:51 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Kansas Rocks is about three hours for me Smorr around 5 hours. There is always some mud at KRocks but it has been very dry this year.
Ron, I might be able to make it next weekend but after that I can't go until October.

2003 KJ Renegade, 5 speed, frankenlifted,Al's a Arms 4.5,Moabs 245/75/16 BFG KM2's, custom rock rails, full Mopar skids, Hella ff220 lights,Hd cooling,Front DTT,Riddler diff cover,Rola safari rack,Cobra 29 peaked & tuned.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:57 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

arengant wrote:
Yeah, K rocks would be cool!

I am on military jeepers, but the Liberty doesn't get respect, so I'd rather wheel with guys from here.

I'm on in the area for a year (doing school at FLW) so once and K-rocks and once at SMORR is my goal. If I can't make OCT, how long does the wheelin season last? Does it ever get so wet that the trails lose their appeal here?

Hope to meet some soon, I wish I could go to ECS to meet even more LOST people!

I have been wheeling in the snow in January but usually it stays warm enough to wheel through November. And it does get to muddy to have any fun sometimes.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Here are the dates for the fall trip. October 21st and 22nd at Kansas Rocks off road park. Camping Friday night and wheeling all day Saturday. They have a nice camping area and all levels of trails. Bring everything you need the closest store is 12 miles away.
Everyone welcome.
Gary
Here is the web site.
http://ksrockspark.com/

Post subject: Re: fall off road trip October 21st & 22nd
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:46 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

There will not be anyone available to let us in to KRocks on friday night. So we will be camping at lake frances. About 6 miles away. I'm probably going to stay there both nights. Here is the link for the campground.
http://www.lakefrances.net/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:21 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Bump, you never know someone might see this and wan't to go. :CAMPING: :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:49 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

WANT TO GO! But with new baby (one month on wed :BANANA:) , and this work/school load, I can't. which blows cause I don't know when the next time will be

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:14 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Congratulations on the new baby. This will probably be the last trip of the year. But next spring we will be on the trail again. Hope to see ya then.
Gary

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:45 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

kskj wrote:
Congratulations on the new baby. This will probably be the last trip of the year. But next spring we will be on the trail again. Hope to see ya then.
Gary

X2
Enjoy the time with your new baby!

Conquests: Poughkeepsie Gulch, Governor's Basin, Black Bear/Imogene/Engineer/Cinnamon pass, Coal Creek OHV, Badlands OHV, S.M.O.R.R., K-Rocks, Parent's driveway

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks!!

Update with pics when you go so I can get jealous

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Will do arengant, maybe some vid too.

BTW, Craig or Gary, do either of you have a small grill you'll be bringing? My brother-in-law is coming and is trying to locate one. Just thought since we're a good ways from town it would be easier, and fun, to grill out a bit.

L8r

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:21 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I will be bringing my grill/smoker. I never go camping without it. :lol: Last time I talked to Craig he was not camping and just driving in Saturday morning What time do you think you will get to the campground Ron? I may take off work a little early.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:14 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Awesome Gary. Is your grill propane or charcoal? Just curious.

I have two additional coming for sure, one ride along and one in a Toy pickup. We'll probably leave KC around 2:00 which would put us there about 4:00.

We'll bring some stuff to grill, brats, burgers. Don't know what u are thinking for breakfast but i was just going to bring a Mountain House meal (backpacking). i could probably pick up an extra if you want. Lemme kno.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

My grill is charcoal. My brother will be there in his xj. Not sure what time I can be there yet. I'll let you know.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:41 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Bump, leaving tomorrow right after work. :JEEPIN: :CAMPING:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:42 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

cu there! :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:30 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Great day of wheeling. Pictures here.
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=63315