It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:18 am 
LOST Junkie

disjaukifa (Grant)
Thanks for sharing; great 'community' effort.
Yeti (Marco)
Again, thanks for all the work.
For each guy you help now, there will be far more later that benefit.

I uploaded the original map files on post #1.
I still need 811 and 812.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:32 am 
LOST Junkie

disjaukifa wrote:
Yeti wrote:
disjaukifa wrote:
Nick's 808 ECU/FCV delete + (some) HP tune (vers 1.01) Results:

Miles: 411
Gallons: 18.878
MPG: 21.8

I'm now on Yeti's tune again but version 1.02 however this current tank won't be accurate because I've been pulling a trailer this tank.

-Grant

let me know if you want some modify on this file , if I can , I do it ,or if you prefer the 1.01 and want a mod well ask

Yeti's 808 ECU/FCV delete + Mild tune (vers 1.02) - 450Nm

First off I want to say if you have a stock 06 CRD Liberty I recommend this tune! I pulled trailer for about 120 miles on this tank and then I used my Liberty to move my two CJ-5 around on my property as well and here is what I got.

Miles: 453.4
Gallons: 19.814
MPG: 22.9

This is a fantastic tune, especially when you account for all the hauling I was doing with it as well, and my trailer is not small, its 19 feet long with a double axle.

Yeti can you modify Yeti's 808 ECU/FCV delete + Mild tune (vers 1.02) - 450Nm to go down to 400Nm/300ft-lb of torque? I still encountered some torque converter shutter but it was rare. Looking at the Eco Tune from GDE his original tune limits it to 270ft lb or 366Nm but I don't think we need to limit it that much.

I have to say my favorite thing about this tune is the boost at low RPM, you just don't have to rev the CRD to get it going. Fantastic tune!

-Grant

When you and Marco work out the final torque limit, I would like to put it on the first page.
The maximum torque for the GDE Eco tune is 335 ft-lb (at 2000-2200 rpm) when the torque converter is not locked.
Somewhere in-between should be a good compromise.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:39 pm 
LOST Junkie

thanks Squeeto , I already had an help from your forum ,and I'm glad to help you , I have touched the mild tune for Grant and I'm wait the response , Grant , if you don't have any vibration on TC , can you send the tune at Squeeto ?

thanks to ALL

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:48 pm 
LOST Junkie

ps : I think that I have an Euro Torque converter ......2007 kj ........than with my hot tune , i have tc vibration and some shifting issue and I'm going to mild tune ....I have found the problem in the torque map and have mod for reducing problem and Grant is testing , and I'm wait the response for my Hot tune from WW Diesel , that have change the TC whit a Suncoast

Squeeto , I have a 808-809-811-812 and a 603 from a 2003 -2.8 150 hp kj , I'll send you on email

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:28 pm 
LOST Member

Yeti wrote:
...Squeeto , I have a 808-809-811-812 and a 603 from a 2003 -2.8 150 hp kj , I'll send you on email

Squeeto already have my 603 file... 8)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:00 pm 
LOST Junkie

samse2101 wrote:
Yeti wrote:
...Squeeto , I have a 808-809-811-812 and a 603 from a 2003 -2.8 150 hp kj , I'll send you on email

Squeeto already have my 603 file... 8)

Yes, I have the 603. I forgot to upload this one.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey lostFinn, is it possible to post your adjustments up? I sent in the original 809 file, but still in the process of learning just what adjustments do what. Yeti has taught so much, but I can't compare his files to mine, they are too different.
I'm out here in Australia, so it looks like my .bin file differs from US, but is the same as your European perhaps?
(PS: Yeti, PM sent to you :) )

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:04 pm 

Yeti wrote:
ps : I think that I have an Euro Torque converter ......2007 kj ........than with my hot tune , i have tc vibration and some shifting issue and I'm going to mild tune ....I have found the problem in the torque map and have mod for reducing problem and Grant is testing , and I'm wait the response for my Hot tune from WW Diesel , that have change the TC whit a Suncoast

Yeti,
I plan to load Stage III Hot tune tomorrow evening. I was waiting to fully evaluate how the Suncoast handled the Stage II Hot tune. With over 1,000 miles on it now, I can safely say it held everything I threw at it in the Mountains this past weekend on some dirt trails and paved roads with steep inclines. Never was able to make the Suncoast slip or chatter under any conditions. If it handles the Stage III Hot tune with no problems which I expect it to, it is one heck of a TC and I will be very pleased. :BANANA:
Will post results after test! :JEEPIN:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:09 am 
LOST Member

Eskymo wrote:
Hey lostFinn, is it possible to post your adjustments up? I sent in the original 809 file, but still in the process of learning just what adjustments do what. Yeti has taught so much, but I can't compare his files to mine, they are too different.
I'm out here in Australia, so it looks like my .bin file differs from US, but is the same as your European perhaps?
(PS: Yeti, PM sent to you :) )

Which year is your KJ? I´m looking for another one who have an early export CRD and who is interested in ECU tuning... :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:47 am 
LOST Newbie

samse2101 wrote:
Which year is your KJ? I´m looking for another one who have an early export CRD and who is interested in ECU tuning... :D

I have a 2005 CRD Limited. Happy to take part in any experiments :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:12 pm 
LOST Junkie

Eskimo ...........look at your email and send it to Lostfinn too that have the same 809 file , is a mild tune , if work ok after test , send it to Squeeto , that post the tune for all guys
only problem that this tune can create is a code error regarding the egr , if that succeed , you can load the original and I'll try to correct

hope you like it

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:34 pm 
LOST Member

Eskymo wrote:
samse2101 wrote:

I have a 2005 CRD Limited. Happy to take part in any experiments :D

:x sh*t, the ECU-files of our cars are not the same, you´ve a newer one, not the old one like the first export CRD´s...

bye,
samse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:22 pm 
LOST Junkie

Samse , you have email :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:50 am 
LOST Newbie

Oh dear!!! Yeti, I've just tried to flash the file you sent me using MPPSv13. I've used it before to read and write my original file and my eco tune. Now, it got as far as erasing the ecu, then quit, saying it cannot write to the specified address.. So, now I have an empty ecu, no file in it. How do I unbrick it? MPPS will not write to it at all now, and my GDE flasher won't write because it can't find my vin number. Trying not to pacic here, so any help from anyone will be most appreciated!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:15 am 
LOST Newbie

Eskymo wrote:
Oh dear!!! Yeti, I've just tried to flash the file you sent me using MPPSv13. I've used it before to read and write my original file and my eco tune. Now, it got as far as erasing the ecu, then quit, saying it cannot write to the specified address.. So, now I have an empty ecu, no file in it. How do I unbrick it? MPPS will not write to it at all now, and my GDE flasher won't write because it can't find my vin number. Trying not to pacic here, so any help from anyone will be most appreciated!

MPPS has a recovery mode speed setting. Have you tried that with original 809 file? Antivirus and other programs is good to keep of too. Hope you get it working again.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:45 am 
LOST Newbie

Tried recovery mode speed, but it cannot find where to write to. "cannot find specified address". Man, I hope this isn't a permanent thing...

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:48 am 
LOST Junkie

oooooooooooo Shi* :roll: try to load your original file ? in safe mode ? and try 2-3 time not only one put in your original file , I do not trust these Chinese stuff , have you correct the checksum ?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:10 am 
LOST Junkie

PS: for LostFinn , don't load it , but copy the increment on your file , that you have read with MPPS , I think the problem of Eskimo , is a different read mode that modify the original o the file you read , I have another 809 original , but read with different hardware

I regret very much ,I feel responsible, but I could not imagine it, again if this is the problem

and for security , for ALL who want tuning , send always the original that have read , and write with the same hardware that had used to read

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:47 am 
LOST Newbie

Hey Marco, you're not responsible! If I didn't want to take risks, I shouldn't have experimented :wink: I'll keep trying. I have tried my original and every other file, but nothing will accept. I think the trouble is that there is no ID file in the ecu now. I'll let you know if I have any success. Meanwhile, don't let it stop anyone from trying new files! Yeti has done wonders so far, and the best is yet to come.
I wonder if a Jeep dealership could flash my vin number back into the ecu? Once that is in, my reader should be able to work. Will keep ya posted! It's all 8)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:53 am 
LOST Newbie

Squeeto wrote:
disjaukifa (Grant)
Thanks for sharing; great 'community' effort.
Yeti (Marco)
Again, thanks for all the work.
For each guy you help now, there will be far more later that benefit.

I uploaded the original map files on post #1.
I still need 811 and 812.

Not a problem, I'm glad I can contribute! Sorry I haven't been on the last couple of days, I've been really busy with taxes and work stuff :cry:

Squeeto wrote:
When you and Marco work out the final torque limit, I would like to put it on the first page.
The maximum torque for the GDE Eco tune is 335 ft-lb (at 2000-2200 rpm) when the torque converter is not locked.
Somewhere in-between should be a good compromise.

Yeti wrote:
thanks Squeeto , I already had an help from your forum ,and I'm glad to help you , I have touched the mild tune for Grant and I'm wait the response , Grant , if you don't have any vibration on TC , can you send the tune at Squeeto ?

thanks to ALL

Will do, unfortunately I screwed up my last tank, I did something stupid, I ran two tunes at once, I forgot to fill up after I switched tunes so I don't have accurate results at the moment :banghead:

Here is what I do have:
Miles:434.1
Yeti's ECO Tune Miles: 201
Yeti's Mild Tune 1.03: 213
Gallons: 17.94
MPG: 24.2

So I got one of my best tanks ever BUT it was across two tunes . . . so I can't say one is better than the other at the moment which again is my bad, I running the mild tune 1.03 right now but I need to send you a message about it Marco, something seems a little bit off with it, I will be trying the ECO tune again as well next.

-Grant

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 93  Next