It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:15 am 
LOST Newbie

@Yeti

If I sent you some recommendation for updates to your Mild Tune could we have another version, maybe a 1.03? I've noticed some minor things that I wonder if we could improve to get slightly better fuel efficiency.

Or would it be ok if I tried modifying your tune and posting it? I can do it either way! It just seems under 50% ~ 75% throttle I'm seeing a lot of unburnt diesel fuel when the turbo first spools up if that makes sense.

Thanks
Grant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:30 pm 
LOST Junkie

these days are very busy and do not have time to devote to the tune, if you feel like, well change my files, I'm not offended, test, it is nice to see that other people are studying and trying to improve, maps I have also done for the study, are a "guide" and if each study, can sew it at will, how does a tailor

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

To start off, I have an U.S. 06 CRD Liberty. When I read my ecu with MPPS the file I pull come up File no': 1037375617. And, under info in ECM Titanium I get Bosch EDC16C31 1037377516. This doesn't seem to be the normal "808" for the 06', or am I missing something.

My main goal was to get the EGR/FCV delete. Should I try and copy the stock "808" tune with EGR/FCV delete?

Any and all help would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:19 pm 
LOST Junkie

If you look at the pictures on my first post, you can see the 1037375617 file number for my Jeep as well.

The ..516 number is a new one to me. Are you from California? Sometimes the emissions are slightly different; just a guess.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:07 pm 
LOST Newbie

Squeeto wrote:
If you look at the pictures on my first post, you can see the 1037375617 file number for my Jeep as well.

I did see that, One of the reasons why I was a little confused. Did you use the "808" driver with ECM Titanium? The driver that Titanium tells me to use is C594_516.

Squeeto wrote:
The ..516 number is a new one to me. Are you from California? Sometimes the emissions are slightly different; just a guess.

I am actually from Oregon, and the Liberty is originally from Wyoming.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:04 am 
LOST Junkie

The Info button in ECM Titanium shows my map as ..808

When I Browse for a driver it gives me the CXXX_808 driver only.

Open your map file with Windows WordPad and look at the first line, mine has in it:
1037380808P53363K0

You can download the original 808 file from the first page and use software for comparing binary files.
You may find that yours is very similar to the 808.

Write down the blocks that are different and then look at the locations in ECM.
I bet that your differences are only in the maps; like the ones that we modify.

Sorry that I don't have the time to do this.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:18 am 
LOST Newbie

Squeeto wrote:
The Info button in ECM Titanium shows my map as ..808

When I Browse for a driver it gives me the CXXX_808 driver only.

Open your map file with Windows WordPad and look at the first line, mine has in it:
1037380808P53363K0

You can download the original 808 file from the first page and use software for comparing binary files.
You may find that yours is very similar to the 808.

Write down the blocks that are different and then look at the locations in ECM.
I bet that your differences are only in the maps; like the ones that we modify.

Sorry that I don't have the time to do this.

That is how I found out mine was an 808, it was a bit confusing for me as well.

Also update, I'm still running Yeti's mild tune version 1.02 and got my second best tank ever. The trick here is to keep the RPMs right at 2000 or below. I was doing mostly high way driving but made sure to keep the speed at 70 or below and I got the following:

Miles: 473.3
Gallons: 17.045
MPG: 27.8

That was a huge jump for my mileage. It sucked getting passed so much, but that was a 3.6 miles per gallon gain over my previous tank. I'm going to start trying to tweak some of the maps soon to see if I can't get 30mpg out of this Liberty on a constant basis.

-Grant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

I opened my binary file in Wordpad and this was in the first line 1037377516P53362K4. So, it looks like I have a "516".

What would the best software be to compare my "516" binary to the "808"? I'm almost positive it has been mentioned earlier in this thread (I couldn't find it), so i'm sorry for asking questions that have already been answered.

Thank you again for the help.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

I thought I'll post a little update as well:

Few days ago I changed the engine oil and cleaned the map-sensor, I have done this every 10000 km. Here is a picture of uncleaned map-sensor driven 10000 km with original software and in below picture, same thing after 10000 km with egr delete and mild tune flash. It seems to be working well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:58 pm 
LOST Junkie

Rotor wrote:
What would the best software be to compare my "516" binary to the "808"?

You could try vbindiff.

lostFinn wrote:
Here is a picture of uncleaned map-sensor driven 10000 km with original software and in below picture, same thing after 10000 km with egr delete and mild tune flash. It seems to be working well.

Nice to see the egr-delete in action.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:56 am 
LOST Newbie

lostFinn wrote:
I thought I'll post a little update as well:

Few days ago I changed the engine oil and cleaned the map-sensor, I have done this every 10000 km. Here is a picture of uncleaned map-sensor driven 10000 km with original software and in below picture, same thing after 10000 km with egr delete and mild tune flash. It seems to be working well.

I still haven't done that yet and I also need to change my fuel filter as well. I bet both would increase my mileage on my Liberty . . . just to freaking busy at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:20 pm 
LOST Junkie

@ disjaukifa

if you want , you can try to increase turbo at low load example , increase starting to 30%load adding 175 point on the original value .not on mine......and go down when the load increase , example at 100% load adding 75-100 point max and starting the increment after 1000 rpm to 4000 rpm

@ rotor , try to overlap the two map , my tune and your , and open the 4th map and see if are the same , if yes , you can copy my mod

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have two canadian 06's and the software is 516 on one and 616 on the another. ive tried the 808 but it doesnt work on either. any ideas?? thanks. Also i cant get ecm titanium to work it keeps giving a .dll error ... if anyone has encountered this ?? Any chance someone would edit my file and remove egr stuff? thanks

Update ... all issues solved thanks

Last edited by jerryterryjeep on Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:08 am 
LOST Junkie

look at your email :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

jerryterryjeep wrote:
I have two canadian 06's and the software is 516 on one and 616 on the another. ive tried the 808 but it doesnt work on either. any ideas?? thanks. Also i cant get ecm titanium to work it keeps giving a .dll error ... if anyone has encountered this ?? Any chance someone would edit my file and remove egr stuff? thanks

If someone is able to remove the EGR stuff on the "516" before I get to it on mine, could we share that bin? I unfortunately have been super busy preparing for a shoulder replacement and have not had time to sit down and look at it. I'm sure I will have plenty of time after the surgery.

Thank you guys.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:17 pm 
LOST Junkie

open manually your file with C594_516 or open my 808 tune with egr off with a CXXX_808 , are basically the same , copy the FCV and EGR tune in your and you are ok and if you want some HP copy the rest of the map tuned , and save when closed , if you want a custom tune send me a pm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:35 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

First thing to check when seeing more black smoke in your rear-view mirror is for dirty air filter - Diesel engines have no throttle valve, and so pump maximum air intake on each piston down-stroke - result is air filters become dirty much quicker than gasser air filters - don't assume it's clean because it 'looks clean' - hold it up to the sun to see the percentage of blockage, compared to a fresh unit - always the first component to address when trying to improve fuel economy - word up, dudes.............

Almos' fergot: thanks for a very interesting read -I'm on it !!

SEGR; Provent; Magnaflow;
Suncoast T\C, Transgo Tow'n'Go switch;
Cummins LP module, Fleetguard filter, Filterminder
2.5" Daystar f, OME r; Ranchos; K80767's, Al's lifted uppers
Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears
Four in a row really makes it go

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:25 am 
LOST Newbie

Wow.. what a thread, so been and got myself the necessary cables and software.

:banghead: gutted, mine is an 810, no goodies for me then, unless there is some kind soul out there who can point me in the right direction..

Unless am just screwed, I have a UK CRD 2005 Cherokee (Liberty)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:26 pm 
LOST Newbie

I have a licensed version of mpps and cannot read my ecu, I keep getting invalid key message and a link to email the log to them, I haven't gotten a response from them and was wondering if anyone has experienced this and has a solution. 2006 liberty crd

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:54 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Not ignoring you, just haven't tried mine yet - still addressing other issues..........................

SEGR; Provent; Magnaflow;
Suncoast T\C, Transgo Tow'n'Go switch;
Cummins LP module, Fleetguard filter, Filterminder
2.5" Daystar f, OME r; Ranchos; K80767's, Al's lifted uppers
Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears
Four in a row really makes it go

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 93  Next