It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:54 pm 
LOST Newbie

txbiker wrote:
Finally got my shipment on slowboat from china. When I open the file, it asks for MPPS version and serial no. Where do I get this info and is it important? I am hoping the MPPS cable will connect with my NON-OBDII Libby. If not, do I have any options?

Thanks

Right click MPPS icon -> "Run as administrator", else I get the screen you describe. Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:26 am 
LOST Junkie

apardo001 wrote:
Thanks Squeeto. F37 it is :|

I've been playing around with mods, fun fact is that I get similar fuel consumption (aprox. 20mpg - 380 miles per tank) regardless if it's stock, EGR disabled, more power or more visible smoke... am I doing something wrong?

Guess I'll stick with more power/same mpg rather than stock... until I can afford new TC and GDE tune.

Here's my EGR/FCV delete tune:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mhn1aj032no2lzs/1037380806-stock-EGR_FCV_delete.Bin?dl=0

Thanks Andres
F37 has been done? :( or it is pre-F37? :D

Also your tune is based on Yeti's 808 vers 1.02 Mild tune or Stage 2 Hot tune?
Did you find the DTC code delete?

Also you were able to load Yeti's tunes into your Jeep or have all the tests been with with the stock 806 modified with 808 maps?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:41 am 
LOST Junkie

apardo001 wrote:
txbiker wrote:
Finally got my shipment on slowboat from china. When I open the file, it asks for MPPS version and serial no. Where do I get this info and is it important? I am hoping the MPPS cable will connect with my NON-OBDII Libby. If not, do I have any options?

Thanks

Right click MPPS icon -> "Run as administrator", else I get the screen you describe. Hope this helps.

txbiker, can you give me the exact request that MPPS asks for? I will add this info to the first page.
Andres, you just need to run the installer with administrator rights not MPPS.exe correct?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi Squeeto, thanks for following up.

In Win7 I need to run MPPS.exe as administrator every time, else I get the screen asking for MPPS version and serial...

The last file I posted is stock, based on yeti's 808 EGR/FCV delete, no DTC code with FCV/EGR hardware installed and both plugged or unplugged.

Post-F37 :(

I tried uploading the 808 maps into my jeep with no luck, so I matched the maps that looked similar and copied the modified ones to my stock file, difference is awesome, but would blow my TC in no time :-)r so I went back to stock. Next, I did small mods to my stock file based on Yeti's 1.02 Mild tune and the information available here, right now my jeep is running quiet, smoother, with more power and few smoke only during hard accelerations, no TC shudder and fuel economy remains around 20mpg, so seems good to me.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:03 pm 
LOST Junkie

apardo001 wrote:
The last file I posted is stock, based on yeti's 808 EGR/FCV delete
I did small mods to my stock file based on Yeti's 1.02 Mild tune and the information available here

So the posted has no mods except for EGR/FCV delete.
Can you post up your mild tune as well? I will put them on the first page.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:40 am 
LOST Newbie

I want to order the mpps v13.03 cable, but I want to make sure that the drivers and software will be compatible with a MAC. I read the thread from the beginning and see every one is using a windows based machine.

If not is there in anyone in NJ or eastern PA that can flash my ECU, I have a 2005 with the Weeks Elbow and 5v glow plugs. Looking to get rid of the CEL and a very minor tune. Iam still running a stock converter.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:54 am 
LOST Junkie

mako231 wrote:
I want to make sure that the drivers and software will be compatible with a MAC.

You could run a Windows emulator for Mac like VirtualBox.
VirtualBox is free and you can download a legitimate free version of Windows7 that gives you a 30 day trial.

There are ways to extend or renew the 30 days each time you need it too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:18 am 
LOST Newbie

If anyone is interested, I copied Yeti's parameters for the 450nm mild tune over for a 516 box. Yeti, I can e-mail it to you if you would like to review and post it. I have over 1000 miles on the tune so far with heavy towing. No ill effects noted and noting but smiles... Save for converter shudder at low rpm while towing in o/d. Lots more power, though!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:31 pm 
LOST Newbie

Steevo wrote:
I have successfully disabled the CEL that my weeks kit caused with Yeti's help. I have an 808 ECU but I would imagine he could do a similar mod to other ECUs.

Did you have to do anything special to get the CEL to turn off? Leave battery disconnected?

I installed Yeti's mild tune and then went from that to this latest tune, but my CEL is still on. Should I go back to stock then to the new tune?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:44 am 
LOST Junkie

Flea wrote:
Yeti, I can e-mail it to you if you would like to review and post it

Give Yeti a PM and I will put it up.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:54 am 
LOST Junkie

JT DOOD wrote:
Steevo wrote:
I have successfully disabled the CEL that my weeks kit caused with Yeti's help. I have an 808 ECU but I would imagine he could do a similar mod to other ECUs.

Did you have to do anything special to get the CEL to turn off? Leave battery disconnected?

I installed Yeti's mild tune and then went from that to this latest tune, but my CEL is still on. Should I go back to stock then to the new tune?

Yeti's 808 ECU/FCV/DTC code delete + Mild tune (vers 1.02) - 450Nm is the only tune with the DTC code delete.
The DTC delete part can be pulled out and added to any of the 808 tunes but if you are running any other ecu (eg. 811), we don't know where it is located.

Also sometimes codes need to be cleared or vehicle driven.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

thanks. I cleared the codes and so far so good. Getting about 3-4 mpg better according to the on board calculator. I do get some torque converter shutter in higher gears if I accelerate too quickly, but overall it seems to run a little smoother and have a little more pep.

I'm still up in the air on whether to get the GDE tune. It seems like their stuff is really good and I'm somewhat afraid of DIY tunes. I don't really know what I'm doing and the engine is the most expensive part of the vehicle so I don't want to screw it up b/c I messed with something I shouldn't have.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:11 pm 
LOST Junkie

RTTT265 wrote:
Thanks to Nick and everyone else on this forum, although this is a one man topic at the moment
here are observations.

I have loaded up the 603 version

of

Nick-808-EGR_FCV_Delete-someHP_Tune(v1[1].01)

Im hoping the 'someHP' of the title means mild tune :D

The jeep idles smooth when cold, the steering wheel used to vibrate with engine running rough.

There is hardly any flat spot, doesnt chirp the tyres like the Hemi, but it pulls away slowly for a couple of seconds then pulls fairly hard up to speed. Not bad for old waste gated turbo I think. Only revs to about 3500rpm before shifting gears which is fine.

One of the biggest faults with our jeep is often it would run rough in overdrive under slight load which happens to be about 1800 to 2000 rpm. If it you give it gas it would eventually kick down and run smooth.

The flat spot taking off, was also about 1800 to 2000rpm.

Now even in overdrive, its pretty smooth, give it a little gas and it pulls some in overdrive, give it a little more and goes down a gear, but smoother like you dont notice it, and it pulls. Previously it would drop down, rev smoother, but not really go anywhere.

I am very happy with everything so far.

My only thoughts on all of this so far, is what was my initial low fuel pressure problem that im masking, and why is the factory 603 programming so low compared the later tunes. Ill have to check but Im pretty sure I have doubled some of the values.

And no smoke or overfuelling

So thanks everybody, happy here. Anyone can have this tune if they want for the 603 not sure if its right for everyone as I was trying to get it off the line masking another fault with our jeep, but I can confirm I thrashed it around last night and it was great and didnt go Bang, but I do not have an EGT gauge or anything.

Hi , if your engine die after a full WOT with original tune , I really suspect that your solenoid back of the CP3 pump is fail , after the pressure rail map there is a map that seem the negative limiter of this pressure , if the rail do not exceed this value for a time , a code is set like a P0087 or a P0093 , the original pressure is set at 1600 bar and the security value is set at 1597 bar .........but on this map I have not do a test

thanks to all guys that have appreciated my job , sorry for my absence , if you need support PM me an I receive an email ;-)

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

Post subject: DTC Disable (with P0102 ORM example)
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 8:40 am 
LOST Newbie

I posted this in another thread a couple of weeks ago but removed it temporarily until we did some more tests. So far everything seems to work as it should, so I assume it is safe to repost it again here ...

Based on some sparse info about EDC16 error handling I have examined CRD ECU map file and located the necessary locations for disabling various error codes. There are still a few unknowns here but I gathered enough info to make it work for what I wanted to achieve.

To understand ECU error handling the following terms have to be explained:

(1) Error Class Block

Error classes determine the actions upon various error conditions, for example - does a particular DTC activate CEL, is the error code stored in the permanent memory so it can be read with an OBDII scanner, etc. I know the approx. location of Error Class Block but didn't deciphered the structure yet. For DTC disabling error classes aren't needed anyway and you don't modify anything here.

(2) Error Code Block

This memory area contains all DTC codes known by the ECU. Codes are arranged into groups of four and each group forms one Error Path so all codes from the same group have the same Error Class ID. Most likely it was easier for ECU programmers to organize the processing of similar error codes this way and/or the position of code in the list provides some additional info about the error condition. You don't modify anything in this area - Error Code Block is used only to find the appropriate Error Path for each DTC.

(3) Error Path Block

This memory area contains Error Class IDs for each Error Path and this is where things get very interesting. To disable a particular DTC all you have to do is to write a zero to the appropriate location inside this block. I have located memory addresses for both Error Code and Error Path blocks for all software versions I have access to. The necessary tables are here:

http://www.hrastprogrammer.com/jeep/513_DTC.txt
http://www.hrastprogrammer.com/jeep/516_DTC.txt
http://www.hrastprogrammer.com/jeep/526_DTC.txt
http://www.hrastprogrammer.com/jeep/808_DTC.txt
http://www.hrastprogrammer.com/jeep/809_DTC.txt
http://www.hrastprogrammer.com/jeep/811_DTC.txt
http://www.hrastprogrammer.com/jeep/812_DTC.txt

For versions 513, 516, 526, 808 and 812 Error Code Block starts at $E3FDA and Error Path Block starts at $E4872.

For versions 809 and 811 Error Code Block starts at $E39F2 and Error Path Block starts at $E426C.

As I said before, there are still a lot of unknowns here. For example, according to the error code table 222 ($DE) error paths are possible. But error code block contains more than 222*4 codes and they don't have the associated error path. This could be just unused area reserved for future expansion but I am not 100% sure about it. And on 809/811 it doesn't even start where it is supposed to start so I left this area out in those files.

Practical example ... Disable P0102 DTC so you don't have CEL while using ORM (Off-Road Modification - disconnecting MAF sensor to turn EGR off):

Open the appropriate DTC file for your ECU version. My ECU is 513 so I'll open 513_DTC.txt and locate P0102 code inside the table:

[008] P0103 P0102 ----- -----: E4879=16

From the above data you can see that error path for P0102 is 008 and the Error Class ID (16) for this error path is at location $E4879. To disable P0102 all you have to do is to put zero at this location:

Map[$E4879]:=0;

This will also disable P0103 because it is in the same group and has the same error path.

Save the modified map, write it to the ECU and that's it :-)

I was driving with MAF disconnected and CEL turned off for a few weeks without any problem.

Disclaimer: This is all "gray area" and without source code we cannot possibly know how exactly does ECU/ECM work and what could be the additional consequences of this hack! So, if you decide to use it for whatever reason ... I am not responsible for anything - if you destroy your ECU or your car etc. Use at your own risk!

Note #1: EGR can be turned off using different method described in this thread but this is a very nice practical example of DTC disabling technique.

Note #2: I am using $ symbol for hexadecimal notation.

Note #3: I am not claiming that everything I wrote is 100% correct - all this is based on my own examinations, speculations and assumptions. If anyone has more info about EDC16 unit and EDC16 error handling I will be very happy if this knowledge can be shared here so we can all learn from it ...

Post subject: Re: DTC Disable (with P0102 ORM example)
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:48 am 
LOST Junkie

HrastProgrammer wrote:
Based on some sparse info about EDC16 error handling I have examined CRD ECU map file and located the necessary locations for disabling various error codes.

Great work!
This could be used to fix the "Weeks elbow"/"DTC code delete" issue then?

Post subject: Re: DTC Disable (with P0102 ORM example)
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:03 pm 
LOST Junkie

Squeeto wrote:
HrastProgrammer wrote:
Based on some sparse info about EDC16 error handling I have examined CRD ECU map file and located the necessary locations for disabling various error codes.

Great work!

Sure enough!
808_DTC.txt shows P1140 at E4945, exactly correct.

Okay, now we have a fix for the other tunes.
Thank you HrastProgrammer.

According to this information, if you want to remove the DTC P1140 error for someone who removes his/her FCV, you need to set the value to zero at this location:
ecu - hex address
513 - E4945
516 - E4945
526 - E4945
808 - E4945
809 - E433C
811 - E433C
812 - E4945

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 1:00 pm 
LOST Addict

Squeeto wrote:
Squeeto wrote:
HrastProgrammer wrote:

Great work!

Sure enough!
808_DTC.txt shows P1140 at E4945, exactly correct.

Okay, now we have a fix for the other tunes.
Thank you HrastProgrammer.

According to this information, if you want to remove the DTC P1140 error for someone who removes his/her FCV, you need to set the value to zero at this location:
ecu - hex address
513 - E4945
516 - E4945
526 - E4945
808 - E4945
809 - E433C
811 - E433C
812 - E4945

Can the same be done for MAF codes like P0101 and P0103?

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 1:11 pm 
LOST Junkie

I suppose.
HrastProgrammer would be the best for insight but according to the text file for the 811 (I assume that is what you have):
[007] P0101 P0101 ----- -----: E4272=25
[008] P0103 P0102 ----- -----: E4273=16

Set E4272 and E4273 to zero.

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 1:23 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yes, this is correct.

I am not 100% sure what to do if a code is in more than one error path - all paths should be set to zero, I suppose.

I hope this will be useful to you all. Please, post your results here ...

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 3:02 pm 
LOST Junkie

great great job , but in a 812 there is not a E4945 , but only E4944 -E4946

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27 ... 93  Next