It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:13 am 
LOST Junkie

open the 808 tune like an original and manually select the driver cxxx_808 and in the modify menu select your original file , then copy the map and save , and you have your tune , copy only the map in evidence not the little difference in the ecu file , and if you want , post it here and some one watch the tune

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:05 am 
LOST Member

Yeti wrote:
open the 808 tune like an original and manually select the driver cxxx_808 and in the modify menu select your original file , then copy the map and save , and you have your tune , copy only the map in evidence not the little difference in the ecu file , and if you want , post it here and some one watch the tune

I'll give that a shot when I get home tonight. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:10 pm 
LOST Member

OK,

This is all way over my head. I'm nowhere near confident enough to assume that I'm even opening these files correctly. I'm certainly not about to start modifying things and uploading them to my Jeep.

One thing that has me confused is the ECU Map naming convention. When I used MPPS to read my ECU it reported a 1037377526. When I load the map into ECM and use the info button it says 1037380808. Why do I get two different versions? Is it because I am using an 808 driver in ECM even though my ECU is a 526?

If I actually have a 526 and need to do as Marco stated, is there anywhere to get a better description of how to load the 808 maps into the 526 ecu? I don't expect someone to hold my hand and walk me through this step by step, just thought maybe there was a tutorial of some kind about this stuff.

Alternatively, does anyone who really understands this stuff want to make a few bucks? 8) PM me!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:42 pm 
LOST Junkie

post here your original file

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:02 pm 
LOST Member

Here you go!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/syqguslrm3epugw/1037377526%20-%20Original.Bin?dl=0

Thanks for taking a look at it. I'll make it worth your time. I was hoping for a mild tune like your 808 EGR/FCV/DTC Mild Tune. I have the stock TC but I think mine can handle the little bit of extra torque that the mild tune offers.

Let me know if you need anything!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:05 am 
LOST Junkie

PM me your email , and i send you the tune with P1140 delete :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:24 pm 
LOST Junkie

APC9199 wrote:

-copy your file to a temporary folder
-rename your file to 1037377526.Bin because I need you to remove the spaces in the name
-download the original oem 808 bin from the first page and copy to the temp folder
-open a command prompt (dos box) from this temporary folder having both files
-run file compare:
fc 1037377526.Bin 808-oem-stock.bin

Here I did it for you if you trust me:
Comparing files 1037377526.Bin and 808-oem-stock.BIN
FC: no differences encountered

Go ahead and use any 808 tune you like!

APC9199 wrote:
Let me know if you need anything!

Still looking for a tune pulled out of a vehicle which has 5v glow plugs; for Yeti.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:18 am 
LOST Junkie

no 5 v here :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hiya Fellas,

So.....i am getting ready for my jeep to FAIL the DriveClean test next week. I do have the MPPS V13 USB cable and I am confident I can disable the few codes that are pending. What I don't have is a scan tool. I don't suppose there is a piece of software that will allow me to use the cable I have to display and clear DTCs? It is hard to disable them when I don't know what they are.....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:27 am 
LOST Junkie

the MPPS only write and read the ECU file , can't read the OBD code , you need a scantool OBDII compatible

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:48 am 
LOST Newbie

Thanks Yeti...I was thinking that was probably the case.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:54 am 
LOST Newbie

Yeti wrote:
I believe I've got a 5v OEM tune from my Jeep, if you're still in want.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:31 am 
LOST Junkie

Bearded1 wrote:
Yeti wrote:

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :BANANA: :BANANA: :BANANA: :BANANA: :BANANA: :BANANA:

I love you guys

if you can let me have your original file I would be very grateful

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

down the thread someone made Nick's 808 ECU/FCV delete + (some) HP tune (vers 1.01) modified for 2003 2.8 crd software 1037366603. any one got this file?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:30 pm 
LOST Member

Yeti wrote:
PM me your email , and i send you the tune with P1140 delete :wink:

So, I have had more company (in-laws + kids, etc) than my two bedroom home can handle for the past couple weeks. This project was put on hold until life slowed down a bit. I was finally able to get the tune installed Friday night and ended up using the 808 EGR/FCV/DTC mild tune, which was much easier for my non-automotive brain to figure out.

So far I am very happy with the results. When I purchased this Jeep it was getting 25 - 26 mpg on the EVIC for my daily commute, which translated to 19 - 20mpg calculated. I just filled up my first tank which will be run entirely on the 808 tune and right now I'm getting 30 - 32 mpg on the EVIC which I HOPE means 24 - 26 mpg calculated at the end of this tank. Considering that I have a horrible air-in-fuel problem at the filter head assembly and I think I might have a very slight dragging brake, I am very pleased! I plan on adding an in-tank lift pump to get rid of the air-in-fuel problem and will check out the brakes as soon as I get a free afternoon, but the timing belt has got to be done first.

As a side note, I have had no trouble with the torque converter using this tune. I can only assume that my vehicle has the original torque converter, as everything was stock when I purchased it and it has obviously been run with the EGR active judging by the look of the MAP sensor and visible parts of the intake. After a few tanks of this tune and enough time to get the timing belt and possibly the lift pump done, I may try the next stage tune to see if the TC can handle it.

Thanks a million to all of you who have contributed to the development of these tunes. It is people like you that keep vehicles like ours drivable!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:20 pm 
LOST Junkie

Bearded1 wrote:
Yeti wrote:

I have see your file , is a normal 811 file , now I have some doubts , or with the latest calibration we need only the new GPU or somthing is wrong

I'm confused

for btd , sorry , is a different ECU and software and I do not have any job on this ECU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:24 pm 
LOST Newbie

yes, I know.

Few pages back RTTT265 wrote that he made custom 603 firmware just for his older 2.8 crd. I was hoping that he send his file to someone.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:13 am 
LOST Junkie

If you want we can try to tune it , but is not my car and I can't test the increment and the work , and I can't be sure we do not do something wrong , and if something go wrong there is the risk that the ECU can't be resumed , the tune present in the forum I'm sure they work is tested by me and my kj, but in your is an experiment

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

Is anyone in the US willing to flash my 05 ecu for me, a case of beer for your time and effort ?

I can provide my ecu via 2 day, and a pre paid box for the return and of course some cash for your effort.

I have purchased the ebay usb cable. I am just not confident in my PC skills.

I have currently 87k on the motor, just installed the weeks full kit 1&2 and the upgraded Torq Converter.

I am looking for the EGR delete (weeks Kit) Mild tune and fuel mileage increase. Since im just jumping into the self tune arena, I sure would like some exp help.

again 2005 with 87k miles
weeks stage 1&2 kit installed

Looking to clear check engine light for EGR delete
Mild tune
Better fuel economy

Really appreciate this site and the people working hard to make these little burners right !

Terry

DACCO R36LS Torque Converter
DIY tune by Yeti stage II
Weeks full EGR delete
Cat cleaned
Muffler delete
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzcATT ... pHsGJ7Dy-w

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:59 pm 
LOST Junkie

Yeti wrote:
Bearded1 wrote:
Yeti wrote:

I have see your file , is a normal 811 file , now I have some doubts , or with the latest calibration we need only the new GPU or somthing is wrong

I'm confused

Assumption: the ecu out of our Jeeps has an MPC55 chip by Freescale Semiconductor
If true:
-we have available 1M flash for programming maps
-we have available 64k flash for DTC codes, etc

Freescale calls the 1M flash CFlash (code) and the 64k flash DFlash (data).

Chrysler may have decided to put the glow plug information in the DFlash memory.
Maybe because the plugs are on LIN not CAN.

Our ecu chip is old now so most examples show the MPC56, see:
page 10, http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/ ... 607BRM.pdf
page 141, http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/ ... AN2865.pdf

Last edited by Squeeto on Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 93  Next