It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi Yeti,

Not sure what I said wrong and I think you may have misunderstood me.
English is my second language and my wife is Italian, so I may not have used the correct words.
The phrase "such a shame" is used to simply say something like "so close".

Anyway have a great weekend.

KJ75

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:08 pm 
LOST Junkie

Hi kj75, I apologize for my misunderstanding , if you need anything please ask ...... even in private

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi Yeti,

No problems at all.
I worked up the courage and tried the map provided on page 1, HrastProgrammers 513 and I can confirm it works fine.
I initially got an engine code P0402 - EGR, but once I cleared it hasn't returned. I just drove 200km, and the Jeep runs great.
MAF was plugged back in, and I noticed less diesel smell (perhaps it was running rich without MAF).
Cruising at 100km/h the trip computer shows 6.8L/100, so fuel consumption seems to be excellent.

I have learned a lot by reading forums such as this, but I must say this forum is by far the best.

KJ75 :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:24 am 
LOST Junkie

if you do not unplug the electric connector in the FCV and EGR , you do not need the DTC table correction , in this file the FCV remaning always open , but it will close at shutdown .......and reopen , like normal operation , and the EGR is always off , this allow more boost to entering inside the intake manifold

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:50 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yeti,
I loaded your 811 stage 2 and it seems like my Jeep reached puberty and it's balls dropped. :D Thanks :lol: There is one thing though and it's from a dead stop if I even touch the pedal I get a big puff of black smoke. If I do a rolling start and romp on it I don't get much smoke and lots of power. It seems like from idle to about 1200 rpm I get that puff of smoke like I'm ninja about to disappear. Where would I start adjusting to get rid of that big puff of smoke. It's almost like a little throttle lag. It's way better than stock and the Jeep finally has balls but I was wondering if fuel request was too high in the early range of the RPM. I can live with the ninja puff of smoke but it seems like it could be fixed. Easy fix is to not look in the mirror. :-)r

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:24 pm 
LOST Junkie

try to put original the first rpm in the rail pressure map

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:59 pm 
LOST Addict

I'm trying to figure out for my 603 file where the EGR address is. I'm comparing the 812OEM and 812 EGR/FCV delete files. I've tried a couple of different comparison tools but from what I am seeing there are several changes that I am not sure what is what.

Offhand does anyone know the hex address start and end/or size for me to look at on the 812? This will at least get me started trying to find it in the 603 file. Thanks all.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:13 am 
LOST Junkie

Sir Sam wrote:
I'm trying to figure out for my 603 file where the EGR address is. I'm comparing the 812OEM and 812 EGR/FCV delete files. I've tried a couple of different comparison tools but from what I am seeing there are several changes that I am not sure what is what.

Offhand does anyone know the hex address start and end/or size for me to look at on the 812? This will at least get me started trying to find it in the 603 file. Thanks all.

your egr management is the same of the 808 , put the map of FCV at max value and after , there is two hump that I cut , this is the EGR Hysteresis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi all,

I was just wondering if someone could take my original file (see dropbox link below), and try and mimic what Yeti has done with his phase 1 tune (EGR/FCV delete and some more torque). I am new to all this and not confident doing it myself, and would prefer someone with more experience. I also haven't found a way to get ECM Titanium working on Windows 10. I know this is asking a lot, and all I can say is thanks in advance.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufthyea1u52zc ... 4.Bin?dl=0

KJ75

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:55 pm 
LOST Addict

kj75 wrote:
Hi all,

I was just wondering if someone could take my original file (see dropbox link below), and try and mimic what Yeti has done with his phase 1 tune (EGR/FCV delete and some more torque). I am new to all this and not confident doing it myself, and would prefer someone with more experience. I also haven't found a way to get ECM Titanium working on Windows 10. I know this is asking a lot, and all I can say is thanks in advance.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ufthyea1u52zc ... 4.Bin?dl=0

KJ75

I gave up on getting ECM Titanium to work in windows 10 as well, I had to use a Win 7 VM.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:10 am 
LOST Newbie

I built a new PC with Windows 7 (64bit), and ECM Titanium now works.
What would be the safest way to replicate the performance tunes in other maps into my own tune ?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:03 pm 
LOST Newbie

I was wondering if anyone from Minnesota or surrounding states knew how to load a tune and if I drove and met them if they would help me out? I want to put on the weeks kit but want to wait til I have a tune to save me from having to send off my pcm to green diesel.

I'm willing to compensate

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:17 am 
LOST Newbie

Has anyone made an 809 with egr block and extra torque/power, or has anyone got an original 809 pre de-tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:01 pm 

theodore wrote:
Has anyone made an 809 with egr block and extra torque/power, or has anyone got an original 809 pre de-tune.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A modified 809 tune with FCV/EGR delete is listed on the first page of this thread along with a stock 809 file.
809 EGR/FCV delete - stock, http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=78418
pm Yeti, he may can provide you with a modified extra torque 809 tune? :wink:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

WWDiesel wrote:
theodore wrote:
Has anyone made an 809 with egr block and extra torque/power, or has anyone got an original 809 pre de-tune.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A modified 809 tune with FCV/EGR delete is listed on the first page of this thread along with a stock 809 file.
809 EGR/FCV delete - stock, http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=98&t=78418
pm Yeti, he may can provide you with a modified extra torque 809 tune? :wink:

Is the stock 809 the de-tuned version or is before the recall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:58 pm 
LOST Addict

Yeti wrote:
Sir Sam wrote:

your egr management is the same of the 808 , put the map of FCV at max value and after , there is two hump that I cut , this is the EGR Hysteresis

Hey Yeti I'm again looking at my calibration to find the EGR and FCV delete.

I ran a comparison between the 808 OEM and your 808 FCV/EGR delete. I write down all the start and end hex addressing for the differences between the two. I then compared the 808 stock to my 603 stock. Overall they are very different, and when I look at the previously noted hex address for the EGR/FCV delete from the 808 my stock 603 looks very different, like not even close to what the 808 stock had. It is possible that they are this different at stock?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:22 pm 
LOST Addict

Ok, I think I have one map figured out.

In the 808 file I think the FCV map is labeled by ECU Titanium as "Phase of Injection". When I use the driver for my 603 what it shows for "phase of injection" is all wrong. Using WinOLS I did find a table that looks the same as what I see as "phase of injection" and that Yeti has maxed to 15500 in the FCV/EGR delete tunes.

If I am understanding this right the FCV control is deleted by putting what ECUTi calls "phase of injection" to all 15500. It should really not be called "phase of injection" but rather something like "FCV Duty"

This is where I found it in my 603 bin file:

Compared to the 808 stock file, different address's, but map data is the same.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:49 am 
LOST Addict

After looking around online I found someone who did a 600 tune which is very similar to my 603, it looks like the 600 tune is for manual transmission CRDs. Might mean that its a drop in tune for someone wanting to ditch the auto and do a manual trans swap.

After looking at that tune which is more similar to mine, I think I understand what Yeti means by the 3 humps for EGR hysterisis.

I do also see the same "phase of injection" max at 15500 that we have in the other tunes in the 600 files.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:10 pm 
LOST Addict

My map is starting to make more sense to me now by manually selecting different drivers.

If I select the C473_600 driver instead of the 603 Data looks lots better. What the 600 driver calls EGR actually looks like what I was seeing as maxed out by Yeti at 15500.

At this point I'm pretty sure the 600 is the same as my 603 with the exception it is mapped for a manual trans KJ. Looking at the 600 EGR map, boost map, torque map etc they are very very similar, but might be a few % different.

That being said I have moved forward and set what I think is the EGR map to 15500 across the board. I do not know if the "EGR hysteresis" humps need to be changed, and I am a little unsure about where they are in my map. Time for more comparison between files.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hi All.

I have a 06 CRD with GDE Full torque tune and am now wanting a tune with less Cummings type noise as I feel it's hard on my engine:shock:
My GDE tunes both the Echo and full torque never got much of an improvement on MPG.
I read on page 11 that I need to off load the GDE tune using their loader and load in a stock tune then use the cable listed in the first post I ordered today and load a desired tune.
So not having the GDE loader I found a used ECM with the correct part number but have not ordered it yet.

So my question is can a person using the cable and included software put in and/or transfer the vehicle specific information or will I need to send the used ECM to GDE for entering my vehicle data?

thanks in advance
Joe

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 93  Next