It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:09 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
Is there any hope of getting an 808 version of the Stage IV Hot tune?

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:00 am 
LOST Newbie

I bought a 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD with a bad bottom end and I’ve got a low mileage replacement engine ready to go in. It would be easiest to just put in the new engine complete with injectors, plus they've got a lot less miles so I'd rather not have to use the old ones. Can this DIY flash software be used to change injector codes in the ECU?

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:01 am 
LOST Addict

bradleyj wrote:
I bought a 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD with a bad bottom end and I’ve got a low mileage replacement engine ready to go in. It would be easiest to just put in the new engine complete with injectors, plus they've got a lot less miles so I'd rather not have to use the old ones. Can this DIY flash software be used to change injector codes in the ECU?

No, the DIY tuning cannot change the injector codes.
The injector codes are not that important. Many others have changed injectors without changing the codes and have had zero problems.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:35 am 
LOST Newbie

Yes, I've heard that too. I figured that I'd do it if I could do it myself, but I guesss I can't.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:24 am 
LOST Junkie

you need a Bosch diagnostic tool or Chrysler

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 1:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

Good day hope your all great, has anyone looked at stock tune on my jeep as I believe there is some interest in manual transmission. I'm not sure if it downloaded link correct. Hope you have a great day.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:10 pm 
LOST Newbie

I've been working with Marco (Yeti) for the past few weeks for a custom tune on my 3.0 Grand Cherokee. He's doing a fantastic job at getting it dialed in just right. I have FCV, EGR, DPF and cat deletes and no MIL. The power level is really getting there now. So far, the tranny is happy and no chatter.

Last night, I got side-by-side with a WRX that had a fart can exhaust and manual shift. We launched and the WK held beside him up until almost 85 MPH before I had to lift (speed trap ahead). He came up beside me in traffic and was staring at the Jeep with his mouth hanging open- almost looking like he was thinking "WTF just happened?" HAHA

The last tank was the first time that I broke into the 20+MPG area around town.

Marco and the other on this page are incredibly talented and have these things figured out for sure. I come from the world of 5.9 cummins tuning and also larger engines such as the ISX, 60 series DD and even old DD 2 strokes. Because of this forum, I've learned A LOT about the MB 3.0 engine and look forward to getting a copy of ECM or Winols and experimenting a little on my own with these freaking wonderful engines and joining in on the R&D that's been going on here.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 4:39 pm 
LOST Junkie

marcozzi wrote:
I've been working with Marco (Yeti) for the past few weeks for a custom tune on my 3.0 Grand Cherokee. He's doing a fantastic job at getting it dialed in just right. I have FCV, EGR, DPF and cat deletes and no MIL. The power level is really getting there now. So far, the tranny is happy and no chatter.

Last night, I got side-by-side with a WRX that had a fart can exhaust and manual shift. We launched and the WK held beside him up until almost 85 MPH before I had to lift (speed trap ahead). He came up beside me in traffic and was staring at the Jeep with his mouth hanging open- almost looking like he was thinking "WTF just happened?" HAHA

Marco and the other on this page are incredibly talented and have these things figured out for sure. I come from the world of 5.9 cummins tuning and also larger engines such as the ISX, 60 series DD and even old DD 2 strokes. Because of this forum, I've learned A LOT about the MB 3.0 engine and look forward to getting a copy of ECM or Winols and experimenting a little on my own with these freaking wonderful engines and joining in on the R&D that's been going on here.

the Mercedes 3000 V6 it's a beast , we can go on , but I think the turbo have this limit , if you find the compressor map of your turbo I can see how we can go up

for tomorrow I send you another step ;-)

Thank you

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:40 pm 
LOST Addict

Yeti wrote:
marcozzi wrote:

the Mercedes 3000 V6 it's a beast , we can go on , but I think the turbo have this limit , if you find the compressor map of your turbo I can see how we can go up

for tomorrow I send you another step ;-)

Thank you

Is it also a GT2056V? I thought it was. I think the GT2056(non-vnt) has a similar compressor with a slightly larger inducer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:21 pm 
LOST Junkie

the GT2056 compressor map is the same of 2056V

Post subject: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:40 pm 
LOST Addict

Yeti wrote:
the GT2056 compressor map is the same of 2056V

I think our compressor wheel(Cherokee/liberty) has a smaller inducer diameter though, I think the math worked out to a 48 trim instead of 53. I think this may give us slightly better surge resistance but less total flow capability than this chart. I've ploted flow and pressure ratio from my jeep on that graph and was to the left of the surge line for the initial spool up(<2000 rpm). I've only ever seen ~155g/s or 20.5 lbs/min of flow based on the maf sensor here at 2000m above sea level.

I think the biggest issue with the 2056v is that the turbine will start to choke up. We don't have a wastegate to be able to bypass exhaust at high flow rates so it will have to cram through the turbine wheel.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 3:21 pm 
LOST Newbie

There's a ".51" cast into the cold side housing.
Factory P/N is 764809-0002

Still trying to locate more Garrett info

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 3:31 pm 
LOST Junkie

GTB2056VK Model - 764809-0002 :D

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:39 pm 
LOST Addict

marcozzi wrote:
There's a ".51" cast into the cold side housing.
Factory P/N is 764809-0002

Still trying to locate more Garrett info

That's likely the a/r. There is thread over at Tdi club that has a bunch of turbine and compressor measurements for a whole bunch of the vnt turbos.

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

It looks like the GTB2056VK is the desired on with the veedub guys.

And yes- the .51 is almost certainly the AR

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:31 am 
LOST Junkie

the 2056 is a nice turbo and can reach high pressure , I have see in original programming reach 1,57 bar on alfa 210 hp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:31 am 
LOST Addict

Has anyone tried to pull a tune from a WK CRD? I tried last weekend put it seemed like MPPS didn't want to do it.

vehicle has previously been flashed with GDE hot tune but the stock tune had been loaded. We are trying to troubleshoot an issue that only comes up with the GDE tune installed. I'm worried that maybe the ECU is now "encrypted" and only the GDE tuner can flash it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:12 am 
LOST Addict

If GDE tuned it you can send them an email with the fault code and they can help with diagnosis.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:19 am 
LOST Addict

Sir Sam wrote:
Has anyone tried to pull a tune from a WK CRD? I tried last weekend put it seemed like MPPS didn't want to do it.

vehicle has previously been flashed with GDE hot tune but the stock tune had been loaded. We are trying to troubleshoot an issue that only comes up with the GDE tune installed. I'm worried that maybe the ECU is now "encrypted" and only the GDE tuner can flash it.

Are you sure GDE tuned that WK? The VIN in your picture does not match any WK vehicles we have tuned. Also the software basis is "1037386015". This is not a software we have seen on the WK and do not even have a tuned file for that software basis. Maybe the MPPS unit does not read the correct information on it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:50 am 
LOST Addict

GreenDieselEngineering wrote:
If GDE tuned it you can send them an email with the fault code and they can help with diagnosis.

GreenDieselEngineering wrote:

Are you sure GDE tuned that WK? The VIN in your picture does not match any WK vehicles we have tuned. Also the software basis is "1037386015". This is not a software we have seen on the WK and do not even have a tuned file for that software basis. Maybe the MPPS unit does not read the correct information on it.

Hi Keith or other,

GDE absolutely tuned this jeep, I cannot say if the MPPS is reading the vin correct as I did not verify. Current owner bought the hot tune and the GDE programmer some years back. There is no trouble code associate with the issues this WK is having. Essentially it feels like it falls flat - or starves for fuel, or torque converter lets go, or something.

We have been trying to troubleshoot the issue for awhile now it has gotten worse, however when the stock tune is reloaded the problem seems to go away. We were looking at some data we pulled and it seemed like when the issue was first coming up it only happened at high speed/high throttle demand/load. We took some data at the time with a bluetooth reader and it seemed like when the issue happened boost was capped at 25PSI, and rail pressure dropped almost in half. My thinking at the time is that it was hitting some sort of limiter or map constraint where the map is capped for safety. I was hoping to pull the tune to view the map and see if this was the issue.

That data aside, the problem has gotten worse since then so it seems like something else is going on. As I said before the issue seemed not to present itself with the stock tune loaded, now maybe it would take a little longer to present with the stock tune vs the HOT tune, but I think the issue is still somewhere else. Maybe there is a fuel flow constriction getting worse and the increase rail pressure demands the fuel system cannot keep up with? Maybe there is an injection pump issue?

All that aside right now we were really just trying to download the stock tune to take a look at it to understand what maps are present and where we might hit a limit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63 ... 93  Next