It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:00 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just checked and I have my original values on that area, not sure what those are... maybe vehicle specific values?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:53 pm 
LOST Junkie

it's one of the many chksum correction

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:57 pm 
LOST Junkie

mrj248 wrote:
apardo001 wrote:
apardo001 wrote:

Original post with the correct file. Thanks mrj248 for noticing, seems you're the first 806 to try it :wink:

Squeeto will need to update the first post with the correct link or file.

Yes, this version is correct, seems that first page have some typo.
I looked your modified file and have one question - you changed values between FDE78..FDEFF. Can you please enlighten this?

wait to load your file plz , and let me know what tool you use to write the ecu , I think alientech tool .btw your tuned file seem a ecu tuned reading , you must work on your original file ,save your mod and write , do not mod an allready writed tune

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:41 am 
LOST Newbie

Yeti wrote:
mrj248 wrote:

Yes, this version is correct, seems that first page have some typo.
I looked your modified file and have one question - you changed values between FDE78..FDEFF. Can you please enlighten this?

wait to load your file plz , and let me know what tool you use to write the ecu , I think alientech tool .btw your tuned file seem a ecu tuned reading , you must work on your original file ,save your mod and write , do not mod an allready writed tune

Don't worry, I have no plan to load random firmware into my Jeep, only my edited original one. I just looked over a bunch of different versions and tried to understand what is what and why even in same firmware versions there are some differences, like apardo001's 806 and mine.

I'm aware the risks and taking full responsibility to consequences.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:35 am 
LOST Junkie

:wink:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

digging through this thread looking for the 7volt 811 tunes ? can someone point me in that direction ? On the first page all I see is the 5 volt. Also, I see of lot of chatter about MPG improvements. has anyone determined which is the best ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:56 pm 
LOST Junkie

first of , you must see what software version you have

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:15 pm 
LOST Newbie

811 with 7 volt glow plugs, weeks stage I and II with coolant re-route. I'd like a little more power but mainly I'm looking for improved fuel economy.

Yeti wrote:
first of , you must see what software version you have

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:25 pm 
LOST Addict

CRD-DAN wrote:
digging through this thread looking for the 7volt 811 tunes ? can someone point me in that direction ? On the first page all I see is the 5 volt. Also, I see of lot of chatter about MPG improvements. has anyone determined which is the best ?

I’m pretty sure all the tunes listed are for 7 volt glow plugs.
I had 7 volt glow plugs and didn’t have any problems.
Now I have 5 volt glow plugs and they work great too.
It’s safe to run 5v glow plugs on 7v programming.

Mine is a 811 also.
You will have to try all the available tune to see what works best for you.
IMO, none of them offered any improvement in MPG but that’s probably just my driving style.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm asking because of this line on the first page "So if you are currently running 5v glow plugs, you will be able to use any of the appropriate tunes below."

First time flashing my ECM so I just want to make sure I'm doing it right !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:59 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well just reflashed with a 5 volt tune and it started. About to take a drive and see how well it performs.

flash7210 wrote:
CRD-DAN wrote:

I’m pretty sure all the tunes listed are for 7 volt glow plugs.
I had 7 volt glow plugs and didn’t have any problems.
Now I have 5 volt glow plugs and they work great too.
It’s safe to run 5v glow plugs on 7v programming.

Mine is a 811 also.
You will have to try all the available tune to see what works best for you.
IMO, none of them offered any improvement in MPG but that’s probably just my driving style.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:24 am 
LOST Newbie

Hello,
unfortunately I have 1037377516 (Canadian KJ). I've searched forum, and there not seems to be any EGR+FVC delete for this ECU. Maybe someone has such map? Or how can I modify mine?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:28 am 
LOST Junkie

you have PM

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:33 am 
LOST Junkie

if you have have read the firsts pages it's explained , you need an editing software for ecu file and modify your .bin file , there is aslo other tread where I have explained the map in the ecu and a winols project ,edited by me , mass-hole and other guys

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:06 pm 
LOST Newbie

kidjedi wrote:
alex_dsf wrote:
ECM titanium successfully identified my ECU maps as 521. I'll try comparing maps inside with some others like for example stock 808, and if they are similar then I should be able to copy changes from Yeti's 808 tune. I don't want to bother Yeti until I put enough effort into it myself :-) But if he wanted to see my maps I would gladly send them to him :wink: And I think it would be a good idea to put my maps to the list of original maps on the first page.

Isn't it frustrating when you get a weird number? I plugged in my 2006 Sport and found 1037512035P53363K0 (which I guess is 035?), which also hasn't been mentioned, so I'm getting ready to mess with figuring out how things compare to Yeti's 808.

EDIT: Hmmm... plugging in and doing the read again, even though the above number is the number found in the "bin" file, MPPS says the "Chrysler File Number" is 10377377516 (which is mentioned as a number others have had). Is the Chrysler File Number fairly irrelevant? I ask because that number has been mentioned in this thread, while the number in my bin file has not.

I'm just wanting to shut of the EGR asap so I'm not continuing to gunk up my motor (and will do more exploration with the fun stuff when I get some time).

I know this is thread from over 2 years ago, but I have the same file as you did. What did you end up using, if I may ask? Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi all. I have been reading this post for days, and the only post I see that pertains to my problem is 2 years old, and unclear as to what the answer is. I have read my ECU, and it is an odd ball result of course within notepad. I show this: 1037512035P53363K0. KidJedi is the only other member that has posted this result. I am going to assume that I have a 035 flash??? I have an 06 model U.S. 2.8 diesel. I tried to flash Nick's 811 file, and that did not work at all. It resulted with my ignition/ key being immobilized. Luckily I was able to flash my factory file back, and all is well again :shock: I'm afraid to try anything else until I can see if anyone else has had success with another tune file. Thanks for any help.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:23 am 
LOST Member

Shuttered wrote:
Hi all. I have been reading this post for days, and the only post I see that pertains to my problem is 2 years old, and unclear as to what the answer is. I have read my ECU, and it is an odd ball result of course within notepad. I show this: 1037512035P53363K0. KidJedi is the only other member that has posted this result. I am going to assume that I have a 035 flash??? I have an 06 model U.S. 2.8 diesel. I tried to flash Nick's 811 file, and that did not work at all. It resulted with my ignition/ key being immobilized. Luckily I was able to flash my factory file back, and all is well again :shock: I'm afraid to try anything else until I can see if anyone else has had success with another tune file. Thanks for any help.

Is your jeep Canadian? Are you looking for a bump in power or doing a EGR delete?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:19 am 
LOST Junkie

Shuttered wrote:

2035 I think is the last software update from Chrysler , it's my thought based on the revision number ,if I can help contact me in pm

Marco

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

Dez, Yeti. It's a USA model. I would love to have a file like Yeti's 808 file : EGR/FCV/DTC code delete + Mild tune. I believe it's either an 035, or a 526. In MPPS it shows as Chrysler software 1037377526. I'm just really not sure which it is. Thanks for any help. I have my factory file if anyone would care to have a look at it. Maybe it can be modded, and posted along with the others on page 1.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:28 pm 
LOST Addict

Location: Oregon Coast Dairy Country. Land of stumps, dumps, and "Liquid Pumps"
Shuttered wrote:
Dez, Yeti. It's a USA model. I would love to have a file like Yeti's 808 file : EGR/FCV/DTC code delete + Mild tune. I believe it's either an 035, or a 526. In MPPS it shows as Chrysler software 1037377526. I'm just really not sure which it is. Thanks for any help. I have my factory file if anyone would care to have a look at it. Maybe it can be modded, and posted along with the others on page 1.

The 811 file you tried, only works with 2005 models.
The 808 file you name above, only works with 2006 models.
Don't be afraid to try it and see, if it doesn't work you can re-write your original back, as before.
My experience with the tune you state above, still requires the EGR solenoid actuator coil to be connected (or replaced with an 8 ohm resistor) to be DTC-free and no MIL. At the top of this page is quoted a link from Dez, to a version that is fully DTC-free, we are told. I have not confirmed this on my own.
If these don't work for you, or do not accomplish what you want, there is plenty of information about modifying your own tune, OR, you can buy a tune from GDE, or buy a custom one from Yeti.

Sasquatch
DSS Turbo
CAT-elimntr
Weeks Stg1&2 EGRfix
PV-200
BLING
vent gauges

IDParts
head
cams
rockers
Timing set
ARP studs
eTn1 GX2123 5v GPs

YETI Custom Tune
Flowmaster 8325508
Carter P76611M
GM 12611872
Hayden 2986
GM 15976889
PATC Custom Billet
2010 Ram Hemi Trans
Sonnax 44957
Transgo kit
Cooper 51770

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 93  Next