It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 5:17 am 
LOST Newbie

GordnadoCRD wrote:
Shuttered wrote:
Dez, Yeti. It's a USA model. I would love to have a file like Yeti's 808 file : EGR/FCV/DTC code delete + Mild tune. I believe it's either an 035, or a 526. In MPPS it shows as Chrysler software 1037377526. I'm just really not sure which it is. Thanks for any help. I have my factory file if anyone would care to have a look at it. Maybe it can be modded, and posted along with the others on page 1.

The 811 file you tried, only works with 2005 models.
The 808 file you name above, only works with 2006 models.
Don't be afraid to try it and see, if it doesn't work you can re-write your original back, as before.
My experience with the tune you state above, still requires the EGR solenoid actuator coil to be connected (or replaced with an 8 ohm resistor) to be DTC-free and no MIL. At the top of this page is quoted a link from Dez, to a version that is fully DTC-free, we are told. I have not confirmed this on my own.
If these don't work for you, or do not accomplish what you want, there is plenty of information about modifying your own tune, OR, you can buy a tune from GDE, or buy a custom one from Yeti.

So I wrote Yeti's 808 flash to my jeep, and then read the ECU. It comes up as my factory flash, as if it did not overwrite my original software. I can't tell any difference in the way it runs and drives either. Maybe I'll try again later in slow write mode to see if that does the trick. I DO have the 2006 model, but it shows up as an 035/ 526 ECU. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:42 am 
LOST Junkie

win 10 ?? really strange thing , btw I compared 0808 and 2035

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxgd1woSXxU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:40 am 
LOST Junkie

2035 vs 516

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Zf2bf6r1Rk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yeti wrote:
win 10 ?? really strange thing , btw I compared 0808 and 2035

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxgd1woSXxU

It's from a Windows 7 laptop. I am not technologically advanced enough to really understand the video comparison. I figure it's a graph of different shift and timing points, but I don't understand the comparison. I guess I have much learning to do. So I am guessing that I can't use the 808 then? If not, can you pm me a cost for you to mod my factory flash file?

[Edit 1] I just used winmerge to compare my file with the 526 and the 808. There are less than 10 differences with the 808, and over 90 with the 526. I don't know if that means anything or not, but it makes me think I'd have a better chance using the 808.

[Edit 2] I just flashed your 808 mod file again, and then did a read of my ECU again. I then did a comparison of the factory read vs after flash read, and now it shows 55 differences. So i guess it must have written something. I don't know if that's good or bad, but we'll see. :wink:

Thanks for your time Marco.

Jack.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:41 am 
LOST Junkie

the difference from 808 is in one or two management , in the viscous heater and in the checksum ,the big difference from the 526 is in the software memory programming , and at the end ther is a part of software not aligned ........if you write the 526 the car not start and probably you brick the ecu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:02 am 
LOST Newbie

To sum up my experience - it was really educating and end of day useful to my Jeep.

Since my EURO version have 806 - seems not very common version and apardo001's 806 is different at least one area I didn't want risk anything and did every change into my original firmware. I followed all hints and tips what I found, safety notes etc. After successful upload car started and I verified via OBDII MAF readings values (17.9 g/s at idle immediately) that my EGR/FCV is really deleted. Now about 1000 km later everything seems to be OK.

Thank you Yeti to look over my changes and help to point out DTC code parts. And thank you all others who have been participated into this DIY ECU thread.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:11 pm 
LOST Junkie

mrj248 wrote:
To sum up my experience - it was really educating and end of day useful to my Jeep.

Since my EURO version have 806 - seems not very common version and apardo001's 806 is different at least one area I didn't want risk anything and did every change into my original firmware. I followed all hints and tips what I found, safety notes etc. After successful upload car started and I verified via OBDII MAF readings values (17.9 g/s at idle immediately) that my EGR/FCV is really deleted. Now about 1000 km later everything seems to be OK.

Thank you Yeti to look over my changes and help to point out DTC code parts. And thank you all others who have been participated into this DIY ECU thread.

glad you did that :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1467 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74