It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93  Next
 Post subject: Re: DIY ECU Flash
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 2:04 pm 

Wow! Thanks Dean for sharing and warning everyone. :shock:
Everyone needs to be aware of this company and to avoid them.
Do you think you will ever get your ECM back? They are located in Jacksonville FL in case anyone wants to visit them for you.
Please be sure and file a complaint on them to the Better Business Bureau; I see they are a member with a very bad 1.49 out of 5 rating.
193 complaints closed in last 3 years
89 complaints closed in last 12 months

Hope you get it all sorted out. Just curious, how you went from an engine overhaul to a bad ECM? :?:
Do you know what fried your ECM? Might be nice for others to know to avoid the same pitfall.

:POPCORN:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:13 pm 
LOST Junkie

Thanks for the reply WWDiesel,

I think my encounter with ModuleExperts.com is more than just a lousy employee, it seems more like a lousy company who hires lousy employees. I hope I do get my ECM back. I did file a complaint with the BBB.

I don't really believe their analysis. They claim the main processor is bad. However, when I sent it in, it still had the capacity to set a failure code. On the other hand, I am hopeful that the rebuilt ECM from the second company will fix my problems.

Not sure how an engine overhaul turned into a bad ECM, but I have a suspicion that troubleshooting by injecting 12v into a circuit directly from the battery might be a culprit. I could have fried something. If I do this style of troubleshooting again, I'll use a 10K resistor to inject 12v as a limited current "logic high".

Dean.

Changed Turbo.
100,000-mile service.
Replaced harmonic balancer.
Noise in front axle or 3rd member - removed loose chain in transfer case.
Rebuilt engine - replaced #3 cylinder, piston, valves, head repair. Removed EGR.
Sheared bolts on TC. Replaced flex plate, TC, bolts.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:38 pm 
LOST Junkie

WWDiesel,

I invite you to see my other thread "Hard to find noise -- clinking and clanking" for some interesting information about ECUs. Mainly, the ECU number "P56044562CA" has a prefix "P" which is short for Part number, and the suffix "CA" which is a firmware revision number. Effectively, any 56044562 ECM will be compatible with other 56044562 ECMs.

Dean.

Changed Turbo.
100,000-mile service.
Rebuilt engine - replaced #3 cylinder, piston, valves, head repair. Removed EGR.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:48 pm 

OH NO! Never use 12v for testing control sensors. Most everything runs on a 5v reference signal.
You can use a multimeter for measuring the voltage and / or use a 12v bulb in series as a test light if you want to safely put some load on a circuit.
I have several 12v bulbs of different wattages with attached leads that I use for testing circuits under load (labeled) like 1 watt, 5 watt, 25 watt, etc.
:wink:

Yes, I have already read your other posts.
I look at LOST several times a day since I am a moderator to prevent and delete spam. :D

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:31 pm 
LOST Junkie

WWDiesel wrote:
OH NO! Never use 12v for testing control sensors. Most everything runs on a 5v reference signal.
You can use a multimeter for measuring the voltage and / or use a 12v bulb in series as a test light if you want to safely put some load on a circuit.
I have several 12v bulbs of different wattages with attached leads that I use for testing circuits under load (labeled) like 1 watt, 5 watt, 25 watt, etc.

Thanks for keeping up with my VERY SLOW progress on my Liberty. No one has posted any replied to my nearly defunct thread so I was wondering if anyone was reading it. Certainly it is my own progress report so there really isn't much anyone else can respond about.

It's good to find out about using a 12v in-series light bulb to inject a 'logic high' into a circuit. Oh well, 20/20 hind sight.

Dean.

Changed Turbo.
100,000-mile service.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:55 pm 
LOST Junkie

Are there any tunes for our ECMs to improve mileage? I drive mostly on the county and state roads, and rarely off road. Maybe there is a tune to flip a [added] dashboard switch to change between economy and torque ?

Changed Turbo.
100,000-mile service.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:06 pm 
LOST Junkie

CaptainDean wrote:
WWDiesel wrote:

Thanks for keeping up with my VERY SLOW progress on my Liberty. No one has posted any replied to my nearly defunct thread so I was wondering if anyone was reading it. Certainly it is my own progress report so there really isn't much anyone else can respond about.

It's good to find out about using a 12v in-series light bulb to inject a 'logic high' into a circuit. Oh well, 20/20 hind sight.

Dean.

You can purchase on ebay, item 294842846728, a voltage stepdown controller for about $2 that you input 12v & it has adjustable output, I have had one for years in a LPG camping shower to replace a couple of D cells. Its great as a 5v reference. You can probably find a cheaper one for USA delivery.
Your progress is fine Dean!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:53 am 
LOST Junkie

layback40 wrote:
You can purchase on ebay, item 294842846728, a voltage stepdown controller for about $2 that you input 12v & it has adjustable output, I have had one for years in a LPG camping shower to replace a couple of D cells. Its great as a 5v reference. You can probably find a cheaper one for USA delivery.
Your progress is fine Dean!

Thanks Layback40 !

I looked on eBay but it wouldn't come up with that item number. Searched "voltage stepdown controller" and found a couple things that sound good. For now however, I don't plan to probe anything so I'll wait. Thanks for the tip.

Dean.

Changed Turbo.
100,000-mile service.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:15 am 
LOST Junkie

CaptainDean wrote:
Here is an ECU repair company to avoid: ModuleExperts.com
Had a bad feeling going in that ModuleExperts.com would be a bad experience. Turned out to be true.
Their website reads, "...Pay us up front with CC and send in your Engine Control Module for repair. Flat rate $250..."
I wasn't about to pay in advance, but, I sent in the module first and awaited their response. They said "...your ECM is beyond repair. We can sell you an re-manufactured unit for an additional $960.
I told them to return my ECM without making any repairs. They responded in all caps (yelling) "JUST TOLD YOU IT IS NOT REPAIRABLE, SO HOW EXACTLY ARE WE TO "NOT MAKE ANY REPAIRS?" DID YOU NOT READ ANYTHING THAT WAS JUST EXPLAINED TO YOU?"
So I responded again, "Please send my ECM back to me."
They responded "WHY".
I said, "I don't want ModuleExperts.com to have a free module. I'll have someone else repair it. I understand it will cost me $25 return shipping."
Nothing in response.

Meanwhile, I found another ECM company (EcmRebuilders.com) that offers the same ECM for $350:
https://ecmrebuilders.com/product-categ ... jeep-2005/

So I purchased an ECM supposedly programmed specifically for my VIN. See what happens in the next few days or week.

Dean.

CaptainDean wrote:
Apparently this ECM repair business is filled with crooks.

The first company (ModuleExperts.com) has made another mistake, and probably a deliberate one. They charge $250 + tax for a module test and repair. $72 testing fee, $153 repair fee, $25 return postage/freight fee -- sounds good enough. With mine, they said it was beyond repair so I asked them to return it. They refunded only the testing fee ($72) instead of the repair fee ($153). They still owe me $81.

I've called and they don't answer. I've emailed and they don't reply. This is the crappy part of being isolated in Hawaii; I can't go there and pound on the counter!

Dean.

On the other hand, the second company (EcmRebuilders.com) is sounding completely honest and striving for excellence. My last conversation with them, they said the new ECM will ship with the most recent version of software. If I recall correctly, it is version CK suffix. Check the list below...

2005 KJ 2.8L AUTO US ECM part numbers
56044562AA <-- Original release
56044562AB
56044562AC
56044562AD
56044562AE
56044562AF
56044562BA
56044562BB
56044562BC
56044562BD
56044562BE
56044562BF
56044562CA<--- (mine)
56044562CB |
56044562CC |
56044562CD | Alternatives ? <---- YES !! These are compatible alternatives !
56044562CE |
56044562CF |
56044562CG | <--
56044562CH | <--
56044562CI .| <-- NEWER REVISIONS !
56044562CJ | <--
56044562CK | <-- This one is being shipped to me

The next day they called me to say the module will ship out soon and they have deleted the EGR code at my request.

Dean.

Changed Turbo.
100,000-mile service.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:20 pm 
LOST Junkie

the most important thing is the bosch code , must be compatible if yes you can load the old revision or the last one , another important thing is the eeprom reading , must be written in the new one and you do not need to program vin , injector and key

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:51 am 
LOST Junkie

Thanks Yeti,

I'm new at this stuff, would you confirm my understanding of the Bosch code? I see on the module the p/n is 56044562CA. This number is broken up as 2 parts: 56044 in small print, and 562CA in large bold print. Is one of those the Bosch code?

The company that is providing a new ECM (EcmRebuilders.com) called today to explain that the technician is still deleting the EGR section from the software. I suppose they are accustomed to merely providing new ECMs and don't get many requests to customize one. Anyway, the tech is trying again to delete the EGR software and they will ship it out soon. (I thought they had already shipped it last week.)

This doesn't bother me because they are being real nice and keeping me informed. It seems they are a new company so I'm willing to wait while they grow.

Dean.

Changed Turbo.
100,000-mile service.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:53 am 
LOST Junkie

this code is chrysler code , the bosch number is 0281 011 XXX or somethig like this

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

The top thread is a bit comfusing. Can we or not flash 2008 wk 3.0 crd or not? The begining of the thread says no but it says if it's in the list you should be able to.
What is the true awnser?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:53 am 
LOST Junkie

vidda0082 wrote:
The top thread is a bit comfusing. Can we or not flash 2008 wk 3.0 crd or not? The begining of the thread says no but it says if it's in the list you should be able to.
What is the true awnser?

only one answer , if you load a wrong file in a bosch edc16cp31 you can use it like a door stop

this hardware is different from KJ ecu , the tool can read the entry programming in KJ that is only 1 MB and if somethig goese wrong you can try to rewrite it with the stock one and if you are lucky the process go stright , in 16cp31 mounted on WK you have 2 MB of file and the tool can read only the last part of the ecu program with only the engine parameter and not the full programming , than if you load a wrong tune say goodbye at this ecu via obd , the only one chance is to open it , unglue it and try to rebuild the entry stock file and rewrite it in bench mode with special tool

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:33 am 
LOST Newbie

Yeti wrote:
vidda0082 wrote:
What is the true awnser?

only one answer , if you load a wrong file in a bosch edc16cp31 you can use it like a door stop

this hardware is different from KJ ecu , the tool can read the entry programming in KJ that is only 1 MB and if somethig goese wrong you can try to rewrite it with the stock one and if you are lucky the process go stright , in 16cp31 mounted on WK you have 2 MB of file and the tool can read only the last part of the ecu program with only the engine parameter and not the full programming , than if you load a wrong tune say goodbye at this ecu via obd , the only one chance is to open it , unglue it and try to rebuild the entry stock file and rewrite it in bench mode with special tool

Where can I find the file? I have 3 of them here. I'm willing to try. No one is doing any tune for it arround me in Quebec.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:00 pm 
LOST Junkie

i do it
contact me on whatsap or messenger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

How can I get my hands on Windows 7/Vista/or XP license? I'm running Windows 10 on one laptop and Windows 11 on another, and both give me the MPPS Tuner error on start-up (The instruction at 0x00000000...002D referenced memory at 0x00..02D. The memory could not be read.). Alternatively, is there a workaround to this that I've missed somewhere?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 12:41 am 
LOST Newbie

I have a 516 is there a tune for my ECM to egr delete?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 9:53 am 

Ed86ie wrote:
I have a 516 is there a tune for my ECM to egr delete?

Quote:
If you do not see your vehicles software version listed on the first page of this thread, you should contact (email or PM) Marco Giacomelli (a.k.a. Yeti) on this forum or on FaceBook for a custom tune that he can provide for you. You must contact him for details & pricing.
FaceBook contact info:> https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011557657029

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2022 3:16 pm 
LOST Junkie

ScootGoose wrote:
How can I get my hands on Windows 7/Vista/or XP license? I'm running Windows 10 on one laptop and Windows 11 on another, and both give me the MPPS Tuner error on start-up (The instruction at 0x00000000...002D referenced memory at 0x00..02D. The memory could not be read.). Alternatively, is there a workaround to this that I've missed somewhere?

on win 10

install like administrator the v12 and the v13 that is an update

manually install the driver like administrator

disable the windows pop up that appear each time you run an app

and disable antivirus and internet

if you have trouble contact me and I can check the installation via teamviewer

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1857 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93  Next