It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:38 pm 
LOST Member

Here is the website I ordered from. It's a really simple replacement process. I used silicon spray on the rubber gromets and it snapped in easily. I used the instructions above and it was a breeze. If you're a visual person, it'll be no sweat. Get the parts, look at the old set up, disassemble and install. Toss the '02 top and the '05-'06 flex hose. Everything fits together easily!

moparpartsamerica.com > collision catalog>engine>airlet>air cleaner assembly. You want parts 1, 3 and 5 in the illustration. $94.30 for parts plus shipping AND I got an extra air filter to boot.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocator/ ... atalogid=2

-Fumoto Valve
-Provent 200, ORM
-Rotella T 5w/40
-V6 Air Box
-245/70/16 Cooper Discoverer CTS
-Amsoil EAA201 air filter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:14 pm 
LOST Newbie

Ranger1 wrote:
www.wholesalemopar.com had the airbox online last time I checked, albeit at a slightly higher price than the site ON listed.

Just wanted to let everyone know, I finally got my package today that I ordered from wholesalemopar. Let me just say, it is by far THE WORST package job I've ever seen. They literally took two boxes, opened the tops, and put one *sort of* inside of the other, and then used about 6 pieces of tap to try and hold it all together. After a brief inspection there's one part that's definitely broken beyond usability. I'll take a closer look tomorrow night, but man I am really disappointed in them so far. We'll see how they handle it, but I have a feeling I'm going to get the shaft on this one.

That, and I'll try and get some pics of the wonderful packjob. If it weren't my package I'd be laughing right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:13 pm 
LOST Addict

Cowcatcher wrote:
I had to purchase some parts for an 300ZX and had no luck locally. Had lots of luck on Ebay.

Cowcatcher.....a 300zx you say.....z31 or z32?

Post subject: Air box mod repairs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:16 pm 
LOST Member

Just for your info guys...
If you damage the airbox, like crack the lugs on the top (at the back of) the bottom section just grab a hot soldering iron. Carefully heat the area and it will be rewelded just like new.
This is the best way to repair any PP plastic, glues just don't work.
Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:29 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sir Sam wrote:
Cowcatcher wrote:
I had to purchase some parts for an 300ZX and had no luck locally. Had lots of luck on Ebay.

Cowcatcher.....a 300zx you say.....z31 or z32?

'87 Z31 non-turbo 2 seater. Nice car but I need to do a little on it and sell it. Long, sad, sentimental story there. :cry:

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights

Post subject: Gasser Airbox
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:45 am 
LOST Newbie

I talked to the parts man at www.moparsupercenter.com today and gave him the list of part #'s given on the forum to convert over to the gas airbox. He said that they have intended to make it a kit and he did that as I spoke with him on the Phone so all part #'s listed by oldnavy and others are now available as a complete kit on their website. Go to jeep select Liberty Air cleaners and the kit will pop up as sku # PKJJAIR. $88.60 plus shipping comes out to $101.00 with shipping to CA. Thanks again to all the forum members who did the foot work Later Flatfender. :D

Post subject: gasser airbox
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:53 am 
LOST Newbie

Typo on # for www.moparsupercenters.com air box kit # is PKKJAIR sorry about that Later flatfender.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:19 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Well that was cool of them :)

heres the direct link :

http://www.moparsupercenter.com/liberty-3-7l-v6-air-cleanerpkkjair.html?cat=162

other mods coming soon...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Finally got around to installing the V6 airbox I got from moparpartsamerica.com today. Wow definate difference in the way the little Jeep sounds. I can hear my turbo now. Sounds cool. Can't wait to see if this effects mileage tto. Quick spin around the block and it seemed to be a little more responsive as well. Will post more when I run a tank or 2 through her.

SEGR ala TurboTim
255/70/16 Big O on Rubis minor trimming required
87k+ miles=3 factory TC's, 2 front pumps, 1 turbo, & drivers side wheel bearing/hub
Suncoast TC and Transgo Snake oil-41k
New Front Drive shaft-30K
Stage 2 InMotion Tune-54k, makes me go :)
B&M Tranny Cooler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:55 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

LocoCRD wrote:
Finally got around to installing the V6 airbox I got from moparpartsamerica.com today. Wow definate difference in the way the little Jeep sounds. I can hear my turbo now. Sounds cool. Can't wait to see if this effects mileage tto. Quick spin around the block and it seemed to be a little more responsive as well. Will post more when I run a tank or 2 through her.

You have to check the hood if you install the box you can't install the elbow because when you close the hood. at the hood there is a rubber seal that make all of that section close tight to the body of the CRD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:58 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

nescosmo wrote:
LocoCRD wrote:

You have to check the hood if you install the box you can't install the elbow because when you close the hood. at the hood there is a rubber seal that make all of that section close tight to the body of the CRD.

Thanks for the heads up. I had already installed the jeep bug sheld so that rubber strip is long gone.

SEGR ala TurboTim
87k+ miles=3 factory TC's, 2 front pumps, 1 turbo, & drivers side wheel bearing/hub
B&M Tranny Cooler

Post subject: Loco can you post a pict of the air box?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Loco can you post a pict of the air box installed?

Bill

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:32 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I did nothing special with my hood seal on install. It seems to me that mine was the same as any gasser seal.

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:16 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Here you go. Sorry for the lousy pics, my wife "misplaced" my good camera.

Dennis

SEGR ala TurboTim
B&M Tranny Cooler

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:25 pm 
LOST Member

Loco, thanks for the pics. Has the mod made a noticable difference in performance?

05 Liberty CRD Limited
Rocketchip Level 1, Provent

03 Jetta TDI Wgn 5 spd
Rocketchip Level 5 with upgraded: turbo, DD clutch, fuel delivery, intake and exhaust systems. Deletes: EGR cooler, EGR, Cat.

If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you're reading it in English, thank a veteran.

Post subject: Re: airbox mod
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

tcmn wrote:
I tried scrounging the local junkyards, but nobody has any liberties :(

Have you tried http://www.car-part.com? This is where I found my alternator when I needed a replacement.

A quick search there for a 2002 Liberty airbox returns 8 pages worth of results. It looks like $40-$50 oughta snag you a complete airbox. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:23 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Cowcatcher wrote:
I did nothing special with my hood seal on install. It seems to me that mine was the same as any gasser seal.

Cowcatcher There is a foam-seal o top of the hood that if you do not take it out, the air box will starve for air. I didn't install the elbow I Just left the box as it is and put an air filter screan (from a use air filter) cut it and fit it in the hole. That what I did. ( I left the foam seal there)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:29 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I guess I would need to check a gasser hood gasket but I can tell you that I have not seen a change in performance for the last 5K miles that I have been running the V-6 box and snorkel and I have not seen anyone else suggest removing part of the hood gasket to make it work. It seems counterintuitive to do what you say as removing the gasket would simply have the of effect moving the inlet a few inches higher and would likely result in even more water and trash getting into the filter than did with the CRD OEM inlet which was slightly protected by the grill and lamp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Leave the rubber in place, it channels the air, and does not block it.

Tal & Hadas Grill Guard/TransGo Shift Kit
V-6 AirBox/Lunar Boost & EGT
Lund Cold Weather Grill Insert
OEM updated Filter Head, Cummins Lift Pump

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:29 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ripster wrote:
Leave the rubber in place, it channels the air, and does not block it.

I think you are wrong I looked with a mirrow and it seems pretty block, maybe you know something that i don't.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next