It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need Help! Tranny in limp mode
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:35 am 
LOST Newbie

Hey everyone, Carter here from BDS Suspension. We're in route to the start of this years Ultimate Adventure towing our 95% prepped KJ on 40s, but have a bit of a dilemma we were hoping you guys could help us get resolved. Drivetrain combo is CRD/45RFE/NP-241OR/JK Dana44s

We're having an issue with the tranny going into limp mode and believe its due to a wheel speed sensor issue. We robbed some off the front of another JK and wired them back into the harness but still going into limp. Heard the KJ OEM sensor used is based off the rear diff but haven't confirmed or had a chance to looking it. May try hooking one of the front sensors into the rear harness.

One thing we're still trying to work out is a wire coming out of the ABS module. With all the rerouting its a but cramped in there but there is a pink w/white stripe wire that comes out of the ABS module, need to know where it goes to.

Please help!

Post subject: Re: Need Help! Tranny in limp mode
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:06 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

From the information that I can remember reading about this topic (wheel sensors ). Some CRD'S came with three, other's four sensors. I know that most have one (just inside the fender liner) both front tire have them, and usually one in the rear which all transmit back to the ECU.

Some CRD's even read and transmit back a signal even for the spare tire like mine.

Pink wire with white stripe, FSM in the Sir Sam noob guide you would have to do some reading, or (Keith) at Green Diesel Engineering you could try reaching out to him.

Sorry, not to helpful but its what I can chime in.

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD, JBA coilovers-4.5 Arms, 5xMoab's with 265-75-16 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ, Safari snorkel, Suncoast T/C, GDE Hot tune, Mandrel bent CAC Tubes, EHM to airbox, Mopar skid's, Fumoto Drain Valve, 3% Tint, ARB front bumper, Full set of Miller tools (9599) to loan within my immediate vicinity.

Post subject: Re: Need Help! Tranny in limp mode
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:19 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

PM GreenDieselEngineering - Keith knows these computers

his Web site has a phone number - but it says Mon-Fri
http://www.greendieselengineering.com/goPage.do?method=contact

normally the Forum can troubleshoot well - but you guys are on a deadline