https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sndg-2fI5Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQCjU24inNY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmCz0XMZdUw

In China selling a clone

https://www.facebook.com/YetiChiptuning

Post subject: Re: SCANTOOL\DASH MONITOR FUNCTIONALITY
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:40 am 
LOST Member

Apologies for the delay in response I do sincerely apologise.
UltraGauge has started intermittently reporting data. It just shuts its little self down - usually when you want to read fuel rail pressure and the like most critically. The company claim it is the protocol used in the Jeep that is causing the issues given that it has a reputation for slow read rates. They have suggested the usual computer solution from the days of Fortran IV and Cobol -that's right, punch cards and programing - shut down and do a reset of all your entered parameters - that's it piddle away another hour or two to set it up again. Don't think so. I've done this - by the way to no avail. They accept no responsibility for its shoddy mode of operation and intermittent function plus display overheating and claim that LEDS get hot when operating.

I have it on the slowest refresh rate it will stand in order to NOT overload my ECU and cause a BUS coms error.
UltraGauge will not report fuel reliably at all. It is totally useless for this but it is only able to communicate with (as are most of the items listed so far in this thread) the ECU sensors. It cannot link through the DLC to the transmission controller or the ABS. I note some do but the most powerful I am aware of other than the appropriate Starscan or DRBIII unit appropriate for your car (as noted by some others).

Seem to have invested too much to want to let it go at this point and I do enjoy it.

The next thing I will be trying is using SPEEDTRACER which is the rolling chassis dynamometer you get with AE as part of the package. I want to compare Stock tune with DP Chip and my Two GDE tunes on the rolling chassis dynamometer now I have the GDE tunes (finally).
I'll get whatever it will yield and keep them safe to use as diagnostics tools.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:26 am 
LOST Member

I found THIS a very interesting read. Highly relevant to the thread.
http://www.ebay.com/gds/Chrysler-Starsc ... 396/g.html
Explains the high-end tools well.
Interestingly for 2.8 KJ diesel Flight Recorder in the witech kit is NOT supported.
Cost for a base unit is about USD870 plus ongoing (perpetual) subscriptions and updates and your dealer licence but the intricacies of this is explained in the article I've cited above.
Seems no real point in investing in this really as "THEY" will shut you down.
Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

AUTEL MaxiDAS-700

Preliminary trial:
Any desired functional parameter must be selected for display on viewing screen
- no specific selection for KJ CRD
- did scan KJ CRD when '05 selected
- did scan KJ CRD when '06 selected
- did scan overall system modules
- did scan all modules for DTC
- did clear all module DTC's
- did scan ECM live parameters
- did scan ABS live parameters
- did scan TCM live parameters
- did scan BCM live parameters
- did scan others incl FCM
- gave some parameters in volts but not in actual values, such as Mass Air Flow

Not as good as DRBIII @ $4000 or STARSCAN@ $4000, but, @~$1000, better than most aftermarket scantools

SEGR; Provent; Magnaflow;
Suncoast T\C, Transgo Tow'n'Go switch;
Cummins LP module, Fleetguard filter, Filterminder
2.5" Daystar f, OME r; Ranchos; K80767's, Al's lifted uppers
Rubicons, 2.55 Goodyears
Four in a row really makes it go

Post subject: Re: VAG-COM HEX+CAN rs232 serial
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

Joe Romas wrote:
Vag-Com Beta 803.3 with interface HEX+CAN rs232 serial Version 702 software also workes. Will not work with their OPTO interface and or "freeware" :shock: version"

Running in "Generic obdII mode"
Option 9, vehicle information, shows two controlers with the addresses of 12 and 41
Address 12 Corrieponds with the information on my ECM's tag
Address 41 Corresponds with the information on my TCM's tag but shows one rev newer
Also gives a 8 digit "verification" number for each controler.
The read data function gives MAP, rpm, % of load, TPS, RPM Temperature, Speed and more I'll add later
If there is a fault like for the MAF :lol: I also get "unable to communicate with ABS controler" error but both will clear.
Error codes are given by name.
Last time I should have gotten a "low fuel (non Evic) I got a "tire low" message instead. Refueling shut it off. I think the BCM was confused.
Road testing results to follow. I did test it once and it quit responding.

I'll be playing with the latest release of VCDS and the hex/can usb tomorrow, I'll be sure to report back. I know it'll act like a generic reader; But if it can scan the modules themselves that would be cool.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:37 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm currently using TorquePro with ScanTool OBDLink LX bluetooth module and Android App. I've also bought a set of Glow Shift electronic gauges that I planned to install. However, I would prefer to have a data logger that would accept external sensor inputs. This would be a cleaner solution and allow the ECU and external sensors to be displayed and logged together for download and analysis. Is anyone aware of a good data logger that accepts external inputs? I've looked at the AIM MXL2 but it is geared for gasoline race engines and doesn't seem to have a diesel fuel rail pressure sensor.