It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2005 crd with code u0146
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:30 am 
LOST Newbie

Obviously I'm new here. My 2005 crd has a code u0146. I know what that is and have spent some considerable time trying to track down why it's there. There is also another issue that I thought might have been related to this problem but now I have doubts. That issue is that the overdrive is not working and the switch on the shifter that you would use to turn off the overdrive appears to be inop. as well. I found 2 wires that are not cut thru but are damaged and I believe that these wires would be a good place to start on this problem. I will clean the map sensor ASAP and see if that helps to clear the code. As for the wires both of them are under the drivers side next to and running along the trams. One is yellow and red and the other is solid blue or green. Thanks for your time.
As far as the wires they both are under the drivers side very close to where the trans
And the engine join together. One is yellow and red and the other is blue or green but solid in color.

Post subject: Re: 2005 crd with code u0146
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:27 am 
LOST Junkie

Coopin wrote:

Obviously I'm new here. My 2005 crd has a code u0146. I know what that is and have spent some considerable time trying to track down why it's there. There is also another issue that I thought might have been related to this problem but now I have doubts. That issue is that the overdrive is not working and the switch on the shifter that you would use to turn off the overdrive appears to be inop. as well. I found 2 wires that are not cut thru but are damaged and I believe that these wires would be a good place to start on this problem. I will clean the map sensor ASAP and see if that helps to clear the code. As for the wires both of them are under the drivers side next to and running along the trams. One is yellow and red and the other is solid blue or green. Thanks for your time.
As far as the wires they both are under the drivers side very close to where the trans
And the engine join together. One is yellow and red and the other is blue or green but solid in color.

You can find the links to the Service Manuals...includes the circuit diagrams....for your year KJ on SAMS NOOB Guide...should help you trace the wires...most people recomend also downloading the 2006 manuals as well as some information is missing in the 2005 manuals.

Also please post this in the CRD Liberty "Love The Torque Section"...this is CRD Tech for information only..no questions allowed! :wink:

Post subject: Re: 2005 crd with code u0146
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:56 am 
LOST Newbie

Sorry thanks for the response. I will repost in the appropriate section