It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Fuel Filter Change
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:37 pm 
LOST Member

Just unbolt the pad from the firewall and save your back.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:17 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I use one of these and works great. The plastic strap goes around the filter very easily.

06 CRD
OME HD w/clevis top plate
JBA 4.5 UCAs
245/75/16r Goodyear Duratrax
Fumoto Valve, V6 ABM
Rock Lizard Super Skinks
Cobra 75 WX ST
ECO GDE tune, 2.5 straight piped
ProVent, Samcoed
Non F37ed TCM
DieHard P1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

I ordered my fuel filter last night from these guys (http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php). I got an e-mail today saying it shipped. It was $22.79 for the part + $5.15 for shipping. Even with shipping, it was a few bucks cheaper than O'Rily & NAPA.

Thanks for the post and the pictures. I replaced my driver-rear window regulator last weekend and did an oil change, this looks totally do-able.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:31 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

spot9981 wrote:
I ordered my fuel filter last night from these guys (http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php). I got an e-mail today saying it shipped. It was $22.79 for the part + $5.15 for shipping. Even with shipping, it was a few bucks cheaper than O'Rily & NAPA.

Thanks for the post and the pictures. I replaced my driver-rear window regulator last weekend and did an oil change, this looks totally do-able.

Let us now how quickly your filter arrives... That website has great prices on a few items, so I'm sure folks would be interested in their customer service quality/legitimacy.

GDE Eco Tune, GDE TCM Tune, Bauer 203* Tstat, Amsoil EaA 201 Filter, Clean MAP, Samco CAC Hoses, Magnaflow Muffler #12226.
New Mopar Fuel Filter, K&N Filterminder, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve
225/75R16 Hankook Dynapros

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

Will do!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:16 pm 
LOST Newbie

Got the filter in the mail today. Brand is Wix (made in China stamped on it). Installing it this weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi Friends.
Just time to change KJ stock (Mopar) fuel filter. From one side - its impossible to find Mopar here (dealer crisis...). From the other side - autoparts dealers suggests a lot of fuel filters for replacing Mopar for KJ 2006 Sport 2,8 crd, such as:
- MANN - WK 854/2 or 924/1x
- Knecht - KC 182 or KC 238d
- WIX - 33647
- UFI - 24.H2O.01

Question is - what is the difference and which of them is better for use ?
Thanks for your advise.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:13 pm 
Banned For Abuse on LostJeeps.com

Hard to beat a WIX.

Could the Aztecs have known, that in 2012 after a 4 year experiment, our country would cease to exist?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:39 pm 
LOST Junkie

Bit of a struggle to get the inlet pipe off, (be easier next time) but once off - took only about 15 minutes to change,replace and prime :D The filter cost me £20, but I've saved on the dealer labour charges :) Nice to have another job I can do myself, rather than relying on the dealer to do.

Light Khaki 2.8CRD: TJM alloy bumper; Skid Row &Asfir skids;ext. breathers; SAMCO hoses; Grabber At3 235/70/16; Fumoto; Euro TC; Odyssey PC1500;GDE FTEcotune; OME lift; lightforce driving lights;ARB diff cover;nylon fan+Hayden2905;ss vortex exhaust; Airflow snorkel; Frontrunner roofrack; rock rails

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:21 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the tips here.
Did my filter change today. Wire removal from underneath,removing fuel hose at the top made getting at that plug easier.
Filter came out the top easy and with care and a ready rag there was no mess . Brake bleeder hose and cup made bleeding the air off a 0 mess snap. Good to go again !!
Filter was $32 locally, took a few days for it to arrive in our mail order town.

Etecno Metal glow plugs
New starter at 165,000km
New timing belt water pump ( ID Parts) 169,000 km

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Just changed my fuel filter today. The hardest part was getting the fuel hoses off. Pushing them off is the way to go. I used a strap wrench to loosen the filter, then unbolted the head from the firewall. It was much easier to get to the connector on the bottom after unbolting the head. Everything went back together very easily.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:08 pm 
LOST Newbie

20 minutes start to finish! Nice post. Agree just unplugging the WIF connector from the underside is best. I did not put fuel in the filter before installing it, but it took four or five pump-bleed cycles to get rid of all the air.

Had some dark discoloration inside the fliter head heater connector (plug). Has me concerned... is my Libby gonna start on fire??

2005 CRD: EHM, ORM, Intake Elbow Kit (EGR Delete), Isloated EGR Coolant Circuit, Samco Turbo Hoses, Timing Belt at 110k miles (new water pump, new thermostat, new radiator hoses, new idler pulley...from ID Parts), Etecno1 Glow Plugs, New OEM Turbo at 130k miles... approaching 140k as of Dec 14.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hello!
I am a newbie to this forum and am having an issue with the fuel filter on my Jeep Liberty 2006 CRD 2.8 liter turbo Diesel. We were having an issue on the highway where the engine was surging and losing power. We tried pumping the primer to get rid of any air but did not loosen the bleeder valve ( as oer the jeep instructions) This did not help , but we noticed diesel was leaking from the heater sensor and I want to know if this means I have to get a new filter head or is there a seal that can be replaced? Does anyone have an Idea if this leak could have been present before and causing the air to come into the system?
Thanks for any help!! :?: :?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:22 am 
LOST Newbie

waveracer wrote:
Hello!
I am a newbie to this forum and am having an issue with the fuel filter on my Jeep Liberty 2006 CRD 2.8 liter turbo Diesel. We were having an issue on the highway where the engine was surging and losing power. We tried pumping the primer to get rid of any air but did not loosen the bleeder valve ( as oer the jeep instructions) This did not help , but we noticed diesel was leaking from the heater sensor and I want to know if this means I have to get a new filter head or is there a seal that can be replaced? Does anyone have an Idea if this leak could have been present before and causing the air to come into the system?
Thanks for any help!! :?: :?

This is a common problem on our Jeeps. Its caused by the plug/housing on the filter head melting allowing air into the system which causes all kinds of problems like limp mode which from the sounds of it, happened to you. Happened to me too. Ordered a new head assembly from a dealer on ebay. Changed it out in about 20 min and no problems since. :BANANA: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&vxp=mtr&item=261060414854 This is the one I bought... the lowest price I found with free shipping. Arrived at my door in 2 days brand spankin new in the box. Also, if you haven't read Sir Sam's Noob guide, I suggest you do:http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54207 I can't even begin to tell you how much I learned from it. BTW before you get scolded by the mods, the CRD tech section is for Technical write ups. Questions should be posted in the Love That Torque section.Anyhow, welcome aboard. These guys are great and are a wealth of knowledge...Enjoy

Schaeffer Supreame 9000 full synthetic oil
Chrome and red TURBO DIESEL badges by SICK SPEED
Muffler Delete
GDE Full Torque Eco Tune.
Timing belt/ water pump/ T Stat done at 104k
Hayden Fan Clutch
Soon to come: Euro TC....

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:36 am 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the help! I will do the same and hopefully solve the problem. Need to get it fixed asap.
Thanks Again

Post subject: Re: Fuel Filter Change pigtal assembly
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

One other thing, how does the pigtail assembly go in , does it clip in to change it or do I need to solder the piece in? Someone had mentioned some kind of glue or material that you use that seals the wires from water getting in.
I am looking for the parts today if you can let me know .
Thanks for all your help!!!

Post subject: Re: Fuel Filter Change pigtal assembly
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:17 pm 
LOST Newbie

waveracer wrote:
One other thing, how does the pigtail assembly go in , does it clip in to change it or do I need to solder the piece in? Someone had mentioned some kind of glue or material that you use that seals the wires from water getting in.
I am looking for the parts today if you can let me know .
Thanks for all your help!!!

The new filter head/pigtail comes with 2 different sizes of wire with the terminals (which push into the new plug) already crimped on one end and heat shrink tubing for the other end. You decide which set to use based on size,...so Solder was the intention and thats the route I took. If solder is not within someones skill set, I'm sure properly staggered butt splices will do the trick. Best of luck. :JEEPIN:

Schaeffer Supreame 9000 full synthetic oil
Chrome and red TURBO DIESEL badges by SICK SPEED
Muffler Delete
GDE Full Torque Eco Tune.
Timing belt/ water pump/ T Stat done at 104k
Hayden Fan Clutch
Soon to come: Euro TC....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:23 pm 
LOST Newbie

I followed your instructions and it worked perfectly :lol: Got the Assembly changed out in no time primed the system and PRESTO she fired up with no problems > it seems to be working better but I am still getting a little power surging in lower rev's but other than that it seems fine. I am hoping that the fuel needs to work its way through completely and the surging will stop , unless there is something else anyone can tell me.I am going to start this post in the proper area rather than continuing this thread in the wrong spot, as I am having another issue with the auto transmission changes hard from ist to second and since you guys are such a great help I am going to try to learn more,
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!

Post subject: Re: Fuel Filter ChangeStill not working
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey Again,
SO I thought I was all done and it works for about 15 minutes and now things are back to where they were. The truck is BILLOWING black smoke and Still doing all the things it was before. Dies anyone have any idea what else could be happening? I bled the system again and there is definitely still air in there , I don't know where it is coming from.Thanks for the help so far obviously I'm not done.

Post subject: Re: Fuel Filter Change TURBO FAILED? CAN THAT BE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:53 pm 
LOST Newbie

They are saying at the shop it is the turbo is gummed up and needs to be replaced, or they can try to clean it. $4000 for a new one or clean it for $500 that may or may not work. Any thoughts? I am freaking out herebut I found the right area in the forum so I have moved my questions there, if you can offer ant help under turbo gummed up.
Thanks