It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Installing factory cruise control on the CRD
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:20 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi. Anyone know if I can do ye above procedure on a 2002 keep liberty crd (Australian model)
Thanks

CRDSTU's lift & OME shocks, JBA A-Arms
GME UHF, AirOnBoard, Maxtrons Media

Post subject: Re: Installing factory cruise control on the CRD
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:14 pm 
LOST Member

I'm about to buy these switches & have the dealer activate the program to make the cruise work. After reading all these previous posts I'm left wondering if this works since there seems to have been mixed results?

Anyone care to update the thread?

Also, I'd really like my switches to be black instead of the brushed chrome units shown in the 1st post. Any help here on part numbers ?

********Update******** These are for a 2006 Liberty Sport CRD******* 4 pin clock connector******

Newer part numbers (in black plastic)
1AZ51DX9AB switch
1AZ50DX9AB switch
52029379AA wire loom ( 4 pin connector )
These switches were used on several Chrysler / Jeep vehicles.
There are also part numbers with the mid number of 50 and 51 (switches) being 3 digits 511 and 501 in this series.

Part numbers ending in AB are black in color, AA signifies brushed chrome as in post # 1 and 11 >>>
"The required Mopar parts are as follows: 56010686AA - Left cruise switch (on/off & set), 56010687AA - Right cruise switch (accelerate, decelerate & cancel),
52029379AA - Steering wheel 4 pin wiring harness"

Thanks,

Last edited by Dennis MacGyver on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:38 pm 
LOST Member

Went to the Carson City NV dealer today and told them about how to turn on the cruise control, said they'd never heard about it but was willing to try. I also told them about the "Merlin" sequence:

"Switch Ignition on, engine not running, depress the brake pedal
and hold, press and hold the CRUISE ON/OFF switch on the
steering wheel for greater than 10 seconds, release switch,
switch off ignition for 10 seconds.
You will see the cruise light come on as you are holding the switch.
Regards, Merlin"

And by golly it worked !

Last edited by Dennis MacGyver on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:00 pm 
LOST Newbie

So I've done everything posted by others on this forum and even called the dealers listed in previous posts. I just got off the phone with Carson city dodge they are telling me I need a cruise control module.. My dealer spent two hours and charged me 200 bucks to reflash the PCM and ECM. Followed the Merlin sequnce my light will flash for 1 second then nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:31 pm 
LOST Member

jtearle1288 wrote:
So I've done everything posted by others on this forum and even called the dealers listed in previous posts. I just got off the phone with Carson city dodge they are telling me I need a cruise control module.. My dealer spent two hours and charged me 200 bucks to reflash the PCM and ECM. Followed the Merlin sequnce my light will flash for 1 second then nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

1st of all, the programming is done in the BCM (body control module) Your Jeep MUST have remote electric locks also. Mine worked right out the door at Carson city, they even took it out for a test drive after they "flashed" the BCM. Even they didn't know it was possible until I came through their door & told them about it. My '06 is a Sport model and it does have remote locks.

What year is you CRD ?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

Mine is the same as yours 2006 sport I used your post to get the switches from my dealer. I called Carson dodge of course they won't give out exactly what they did due to privacy issues for which I totally understand. I just would really like a step by step to take to the dealer and say this is what this dealer did and it worked..
Thanks for the insight
Jason

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:49 pm 
LOST Member

jtearle1288 wrote:
Mine is the same as yours 2006 sport I used your post to get the switches from my dealer. I called Carson dodge of course they won't give out exactly what they did due to privacy issues for which I totally understand. I just would really like a step by step to take to the dealer and say this is what this dealer did and it worked..
Thanks for the insight
Jason

I'd have your dealer call the Carson dealer & have them explain the sequence. Give your service writer the Carson City service writers phone number. Keep me informed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

So this is where I'm at now called my dealer they said they had reflashed the bcm. Called the dealer in Carson city there telling me that I need a cruise control module. There stating that you had put this on before you had taken it in. I do not believe there is a cruise control module needed for this. As I can't seen it on the wiring diagrams that I can tell the wiring goes from the switchs threw the clock spring right into the bcm. I can get the cruise light to flash that's about it . Did your dealer hook up to dealer connect? I know mine tried with both wire tech and start tech. They reflashed the bcm to accept cruise. But there Internet was down on Friday. Do they need to hook up to dealer connect and down load the program? :goink:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:06 pm 
LOST Member

jtearle1288 wrote:
So this is where I'm at now called my dealer they said they had reflashed the bcm. Called the dealer in Carson city there telling me that I need a cruise control module. There stating that you had put this on before you had taken it in. I do not believe there is a cruise control module needed for this. As I can't seen it on the wiring diagrams that I can tell the wiring goes from the switchs threw the clock spring right into the bcm. I can get the cruise light to flash that's about it . Did your dealer hook up to dealer connect? I know mine tried with both wire tech and start tech. They reflashed the bcm to accept cruise. But there Internet was down on Friday. Do they need to hook up to dealer connect and down load the program? :goink:

I did not install any module, only the wire & the switches in the steering wheel. I told the service writer to use the STARSCAN tool to do the programming. When I press the on button for the cruise to go on, there's a word just left of the odometer reading in the same screen. It says cruise constant with no flashing. I don't know if they accessed the web or not. As the Carson dealership has wifi, I brought my lap top with this thread in it ready to go in case they had some questions.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

Okay sorry I meant starscan I'm using my iPhone stupid auto correct... I myself took a copy of this thread in. I'm going to try another dealer that specializes in diesels. I'm hoping they'll listen and understand that these are drive by wire and not try sell me the gasser cruise control system. I understand what can be done with diesel and programming as I'm a truck mechanic. Thanks for all the help. I'll you posted. :banghead:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:05 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well crap, ended up ordering a harness for a 06-07 instead of the 05. Does anyone have the pinouts for the 6pin plug so i can re-insert the wires in the existing horn plug? Should I just shell out another $15 and buy the right one?

Never mind found it.
Colors are the same
1- VT/OR from switch
2- DG/VT Horn
3- GY/WT Stereo
4- GY/OR Stereo
5- DB/DG Ground
6- VT From Switch

Used a paperclip to release the clamps in the plug.

Looking back at the initial thread I wonder if the "ground" was this Dark Blue Dark Green wire from both the switches connecting to pin 2. Was present on the 06-07 harness but not on the 05 schematic.

Magnaflow (ish) exhaust

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

Bit of a thread resurrection.

Have suffered with no cruise in my 06 for long enough , and didn't imagine it would be this easy ..

Bought an an 06 that has been sitting waiting for time to start it as a project , with a what the PO thought was a broken Timing bel, Serp Belt was a rats nest mess and the TB is intact. Pretty sure a few rockers are toast and just needs some time and overhaul.

Anywho .. it has Cruise , so after reading this I am going to swap it out into my daily driver.
Thoughts on swapping out the ECU's ? It should in theory just work with the cruise enabled.
Both are the same year 2006 , I pulled the ECU code and they are exactly the same Version 516 .

Thanks for any advise.

M

Transgo 45RFE-HD2 / Tranny Filters / Fresh Fluid - 284KM - Jan 2015

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:28 pm 
LOST Addict

mecne wrote:

Have suffered with no cruise in my 06 for long enough , and didn't imagine it would be this easy ..

Bought an an 06 that has been sitting waiting for time to start it as a project , with a what the PO thought was a broken Timing bel, Serp Belt was a rats nest mess and the TB is intact. Pretty sure a few rockers are toast and just needs some time and overhaul.

Anywho .. it has Cruise , so after reading this I am going to swap it out into my daily driver.
Thoughts on swapping out the ECU's ? It should in theory just work with the cruise enabled.
Both are the same year 2006 , I pulled the ECU code and they are exactly the same Version 516 .

Thanks for any advise.

M

I thought there were verifications that were made between various modules that would make this not work unless you get the ECU reflashed. I know GDE can activate cruise as well as a dealer.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:58 pm 
LOST Addict

mecne wrote:

Thanks for any advise.

M

You will not be able to swap the ECUs from each vehicle and expect them to work. The ECU is programmed with the VIN, PIN, Injectors codes and mileage of the vehicle. Just swapping them between vehicles will results in the vehicle running for 3 seconds, and then shutting off until the ECU is de-powered again. This is all related to the security key system. (sentry key/SKIM)

You need a DRBIII or starscan dealer tool to do a ECU replacement.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

Have Cruise working flawlessly.

Went to the Dealer , they spent an hour on it and the Tech's comments where.
"Tested with W-Tech and DRB. Is NOT W-TECH compatible. DRB is not displaying any information. Further diagnostics required. "
$59 + tax and out the door thinking it was a no go.
Drove out of the lot , Cruise ON/OFF button did nothing .

Got home and read over this thread again and was about to do the Merlin Procedure but pressed every cruise button instead with the ignition on and then the ON/OFF again and the cruise Light beside the odometer lite up

Took it for a drive and had all cruise functions .. :BINGO:
Been a week , and even changed batteries and it's still working flawlessly.

Thanks Everyone on this thread for the information provided. :JEEPIN:

Cheers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:22 am 
LOST Addict

mecne wrote:

"Tested with W-Tech and DRB. Is NOT W-TECH compatible. DRB is not displaying any information. Further diagnostics required. "

Got home and read over this thread again and was about to do the Merlin Procedure but pressed every cruise button instead with the ignition on and then the ON/OFF again and the cruise Light beside the odometer lite up

Cheers

Dunno what the dealer was doing wrong. Glad it works for you.

Here is a video showing how it should be done. Did it tonight since I never got it set after a ECU replacement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwpe7uDPmaE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

Sir Sam wrote:
mecne wrote:

Cheers

Dunno what the dealer was doing wrong. Glad it works for you.

Here is a video showing how it should be done. Did it tonight since I never got it set after a ECU replacement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwpe7uDPmaE

Awesome video , that will help people out in the future ..

Props :BANANA: :pepper: :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:56 am 
LOST Newbie

cmpbiker wrote:
Well crap, ended up ordering a harness for a 06-07 instead of the 05. Does anyone have the pinouts for the 6pin plug so i can re-insert the wires in the existing horn plug? Should I just shell out another $15 and buy the right one?

Never mind found it.
Colors are the same
1- VT/OR from switch
2- DG/VT Horn
3- GY/WT Stereo
4- GY/OR Stereo
5- DB/DG Ground
6- VT From Switch

Used a paperclip to release the clamps in the plug.

Looking back at the initial thread I wonder if the "ground" was this Dark Blue Dark Green wire from both the switches connecting to pin 2. Was present on the 06-07 harness but not on the 05 schematic.

Hi,

i have 2007 with 4 pin connector and bought a harness with 6 pin connector which has 3 wires including the horn
so i'm left with 2 wires to be connected in the 4pin connector but i dont know which pins

can you help me with that ?

thanks,

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:47 am 
LOST Newbie

antonio_crd wrote:
hi guys.. i have open my steering wheel cover to check inside.. I would like a cruise on my Sport CRD..

the connection is a little bit different from the previous shows from THEBIGTMAN..

I have a 3PIN connectro free instead of the 5PIN connector.. and in my case the horn is separatly (2PIN)

can someone kindly help me to find the correct cable?.. I have a MY2007 Sport Cherokee..

thanks to all..

hello,

any luck with your 2007 ? i just got the switched and harness

i got harness with 6 pin and found out i have the 4 pin clock spring

do you have a pic or something to show which pins are used in the clock spring ?

regards,

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey all,
I know this post is an old topic but does anyone have the pin out for the 4 pin connector for an 06 CRD? I have the wiring diagram but if I am reading it right it says there should be a C4 connector and a C3 connector. Either that or the wires need to join together on pin 2.
I have two 6 pin harnesses and am trying to make a 4 pin as I can not get one from the dealership anymore and have removed around 20 steering wheel covers from liberty's in scrap yards and have yet to find a 4 pin harness.
Any help would be great.
DW :D