It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Map Sensor Part Number
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:42 am 
LOST Member

Old Part Number : 5140331AA
New Part Number : 68031593AA
Listed as SENSOR AIR TEMPERATU under MoparPartsAmerica.
Most dealers have it and list it as a Boost Sensor (technically it is) Best bet is to jut give them the part number and avoid the confusion. Been there done that.

Price ranges from 80-130 bucks. I paid 130 at the dealer for a quick fix after cleaning the map failed. They had it listed as a dodge only part :roll:

Post subject: Re: Map Sensor Part Number
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:43 pm 
LOST Newbie

I got a CanOBDII trouble code of P0069 Which is nominally a MAP Sensor. I have the official Jeep repair manuals, according to it the CRD does not have a MAP sensor, but has a MAF sensor. Bought a MAF sensor. The part number is 53013733AB. The dealer used the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number to look it up. It was about $130.00. It didn't work. I have an INNOVA code reader, spent $14.95 for a report listing the most probable cause. The report said I probably needed the Boost Pressure Sensor. on page 14-79 of my official Jeep service manual it says that if this sensor fails, the car will be put in one of three limp-in modes. (Certainly sounds like what I have.) The manual further states the best way of diagnosing the problem is with the scan tool and the Diesel Powertrain Diagnostic Manual (which I don't have) Still a way to go to fix this one.

Chapter 2 of saga. The dealer read Jeep proprietary codes P0201, which is a wiring problem with Ejector # 1. They ran new wires to the ejector. I don't believe there is an equivalent CANObdII code for this proprietary code. As I was pulling out of the dealer's parking lot, the service engine light came back on. The dealer re-scanned, and found a proprietary P0235 code. I couldn't find a cross reference to this code on the web, but the dealer replaced the boost pressure sensor, which was what the generic P0069 code also pointed to. The part number was 68044562-CF, and cost $139.92. Fhe dealer also replaced the PCM to make absolutely sure the problem was solved. The part number was 56044562-CF, and would have cost $750.00 if it had not been under an 80,000 mile warranty and was replaced at no charge. I never did get any satisfaction from Innova about the code scanner. One e-mail was answered wondering whether or not Ihad a CANObdII compliant vehicle, and the other said to call and they would help me hook into proprietary codes. Since I had the Innove manual and followed each step directly from the manual, and got a reply back that no Jeep proprietary codes were found, I cannot believe there was anything more that Innova could do for me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:06 pm 
LOST Member

The MAP is available at O'Reilly and AutoZone too.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/searc ... vi=1432224

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/ ... o1cqZ9gsls

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:45 pm 
LOST Member

Summit Racing has a better price on it for 65 bucks or so. :2cents:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:02 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

GM part # 55206797
BOSCH # 0 281 002 845

It's $17.

Don't buy the O-Ring/Gasket, it comes with one and you'll have an extra... (trust me).....

GDE ECO Tune / Fumoto Valve / E-Tecno GX3123 7v Glow Plugs / 2nd Gen Fuel Head / Mishimoto RED Hoses / Rockers/Lifters @ 114k / Hayden FC + 11 Blade Nylon / Sears P1 Battery / Transgo 45RFE-HD2 Reprogramming Kit / Timken Front Bearings